Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • surround sound
  • live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen)
  • fog lights
  • backseat heating
  • autopilot (can be added for $3000 from your Tesla account page)
  • -20 miles range (240 vs 220)
All those are software locks. That is, hardware between SR and SR+ is the same. I read an article saying Tesla will make it possible to pay to add any of those features.
I wonder if they will also make it possible to upgrade some of the limitations in the SR+ such as streaming and earth view.

Yes, I have FSD. This makes no sense to me either. Chat with a rep I am certain you will get the same response.
I sent an email, so I would have a response in writing. If Tesla is truly using up old parts, you should start a thread on that so others are aware.

I can only guess that they ran out of the new HW3, or found a technical problem, and had to stop production. At least the upgrade will be provided. Also we got the $5k government rebate, because of the initial delay.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
I sent an email, so I would have a response in writing. If Tesla is truly using up old parts, you should start a thread on that so others are aware.

I can only guess that they ran out of the new HW3, or found a technical problem, and had to stop production. At least the upgrade will be provided. Also we got the $5k government rebate, because of the initial delay.
I emailed them as well good call. Btw i pick up tomorrow my DD changed. I like how you made me think positively again it is true the incentive made the wait better. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow. Goodluck for yours next week I am certain your car came with my car!

HW2.5 even after April 12th build date

Added the thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Mansley
I emailed them as well good call. Btw i pick up tomorrow my DD changed. I like how you made me think positively again it is true the incentive made the wait better. Hopefully all goes well tomorrow. Goodluck for yours next week I am certain your car came with my car!

Are you going to the Lawrence and Vic Park delivery centre? If so, let us know how it goes and if you have any tips for that place.

Friend of mine just saw 18 x Model 3’s and S’s on the DVP this morning. Probably all headed there.

Reactions: torontohm3wait

I called and was assured I was getting Hw3. When I said are you 100% sure, and she said no, she was only going by the manufacturing date, and could not see any further detail. She will have my new DA get back to me.
My previous DA (Francois) has apparently been let go. I now have Rachel, though she does not appear to be at the Lawrence location.

I hope your delivery goes smooth.

I called and was assured I was getting Hw3. When I said are you 100% sure, and she said no, she was only going by the manufacturing date, and could not see any further detail. She will have my new DA get back to me.
My previous DA (Francois) has apparently been let go. I now have Rachel, though she does not appear to be at the Lawrence location.

I hope your delivery goes smooth.
I asked my DA and she told me mine was built week of 30 Apr and has HW3. (Vin 403xxx). I didn’t order FSD.

Hey guys,

I ordered SR+, White ext. Black int. Aero, non FSD. Question - ordering the SR+ with the partial premium interior, are you still able to get live traffic, media and the browser by paying? Or has Tesla locked those features out of this model completely?

@Sugi07 whether SR+ will be able to upgrade to Premium Connectivity hasn't yet been announced. LR and up owners who bought after 8/1/18 will have option to start paying $100/yr to keep their Premium Connectivity once their free 1-yr subscription to it runs out but it hasn't been determined what options or pricing SR+ owners will have.

One point of clarification is that SR+ cars do have live traffic routing with their standard maps. they just don't have live traffic visualization or satellite maps.

• live traffic (route planning still uses live traffic, the colors showing traffic doesn't appear on the screen
  • backseat heating

There are a couple of corrections that should be made about the differences between the SR and SR+:
  • Neither of the models (SR or SR+) have back seat heating (they both have front seat heating)
  • Also, while Both of models use live traffic for routing and have the same map look (with no satellite view or traffic level colors on the map)

Last edited:
There are a couple of corrections that should be made about the differences between the SR and SR+:
  • Neither of the models (SR or SR+) have back seat heating (they both have front seat heating)
  • Also, while Both of models use live traffic for routing and have the same map look (with no satellite view or traffic level colors on the map)

All the more reason (for me) to get the SR instead of SR+. Thanks.

I'm the same as you. Was given "within 2 weeks" delivery then it got pushed to 6-8 weeks when I removed the plus package. Ordered 5/28.
Are you serious?! Why would that be the case? Did you get an explanation? It's literally the same car but with different software limitations that can be upgraded over the air...am I wrong? And doesn't a 6-8 wk delivery time push this to beyond the 6/30 date you need to have the car in order to get the fed rebate of $3,750 :/ ?
I'm considering downgrading my SR+ to SR but not willing to do it if it's going to cause my car to be delivered after June 30.

Are you serious?! Why would that be the case? Did you get an explanation? It's literally the same car but with different software limitations that can be upgraded over the air...am I wrong? And doesn't a 6-8 wk delivery time push this to beyond the 6/30 date you need to have the car in order to get the fed rebate of $3,750 :/ ?
I'm considering downgrading my SR+ to SR but not willing to do it if it's going to cause my car to be delivered after June 30.

I know it’s a bummer, but online it clearly states modifying the order will effect delivery date.

I know it’s a bummer, but online it clearly states modifying the order will effect delivery date.
Sheesh... yah that is a bummer! Don't get me wrong, I read the disclaimer too, but extending it 4-6 weeks past the original date seems excessive. I'd understand if you were changing interior colors, or exterior paint or something substantial causing different parts to be purchased, etc. but let's be real...you're getting the exact same car!

I’m guessing with limited resources for delivery, the company wants to maximize dollar value per delivery by prioritizing configs with higher prices.

Remember at the end of the day, the ultimate number Wall Street looks at is the dollar amount, not just the number deliveries. So if there is one car that has to roll into q3, let it be the lowest priced config. And if prioritizing SR+ delivery over SR brings 1% increase in revenue, the company will be stupid not to do that.

And this unfortunately trumps over how much gov incentive you receive for your purchase.