Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Good luck sleeping tonight and tomorrow night :D
Hey Skydreamerjae! The week starting tomorrow is your week. I think you will receive the text or call to schedule your delivery. Even though your wait has been longer than other's, you've kept a positive outlook.... Meaning, you didn't lash out at others or talk trash. I may be wrong but, I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

My trade in expired and they had to revalue it today before I pick up tomorrow... They took $900 off the trade in price :(
Yeah, I got dinged for 1K. I am going to take my vehicle to Carmax and see if it will be back the 1K. Vehicle is low miles MBZ garaged 99 percent of the time. Tesla will honor the carmax appraisal from what I was told from an OA there

Reactions: George75
Did you accept the trade offer before it expired and they still didnt honor it. Or did the offer expire before you accepted. Just curious as I accepted the offer but am thinking they will change it when the time comes.
They will change it. Mine was adjusted twice, increased 200 dollars, then decreased by 1K today. I will have carmax look at it day of delivery a few hours before.

Yeah, I got dinged for 1K. I am going to take my vehicle to Carmax and see if it will be back the 1K. Vehicle is low miles MBZ garaged 99 percent of the time. Tesla will honor the carmax appraisal from what I was told from an OA there
Just got a CarMax quote today. $900 higher than what Tesla had offered me.

Just got a CarMax quote today. $900 higher than what Tesla had offered me.
And our carmax quote came out $800 lower than Tesla's. But, it hasn't been traded in yet so likely Tesla will lie again and change it lower like the other previous posts. Oh how I love to be to be conned by Tesla.
And BTW, the Tesla store manager said there was no expiration date to their trade in value they gave us. Ask me if I believe a word of that :rolleyes:

And our carmax quote came out $800 lower than Tesla's. But, it hasn't been traded in yet so likely Tesla will lie again and change it lower like the other previous posts. Oh how I love to be to be conned by Tesla.
And BTW, the Tesla store manager said there was no expiration date to their trade in value they gave us. Ask me if I believe a word of that :rolleyes:

I got a Tesla trade in value for my car too, carmax was the same. but K Blue book was 600 higher and with that a bunch of dealerships reached out. I took it to one and they paid me $900 more than KBBook. It's worth to shop it around if you have a weekend.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
For what it's worth, I swung by the Fremont show room and the delivery hub to get any info on my SR+ (ordered 10/31). Both places told me the same thing, mid to late December as Fremont deliveries will be a heavy push towards the last two weeks of December. Was hoping to hear better news, but whatever. It's still within the 5-8 week range I was originally quoted when ordered.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA
For what it's worth, I swung by the Fremont show room and the delivery hub to get any info on my SR+ (ordered 10/31). Both places told me the same thing, mid to late December as Fremont deliveries will be a heavy push towards the last two weeks of December. Was hoping to hear better news, but whatever. It's still within the 5-8 week range I was originally quoted when ordered.

I wonder if you changed your delivery location to Texas or somewhere out of state if you'd get your car sooner. Sure, you'd have to fly out and pick it up, but if you could get your car sooner AND start your ownership out with an epic drive home, why not?

Reactions: skydreamerjae
I wonder if you changed your delivery location to Texas or somewhere out of state if you'd get your car sooner. Sure, you'd have to fly out and pick it up, but if you could get your car sooner AND start your ownership out with an epic drive home, why not?
I had asked about changing my delivery location to Rocklin, as I actually work closer to there than Fremont, but I was told it would take longer. Not sure what I believe though after being on these forums. But I do risk my vehicle being loaded and unloaded on a truck.

Did you accept the trade offer before it expired and they still didnt honor it. Or did the offer expire before you accepted. Just curious as I accepted the offer but am thinking they will change it when the time comes.
I think that once I accepted the trade in it was good for 30 days. But since it took longer than that to get the car, it expired so they revalued it.

They will change it. Mine was adjusted twice, increased 200 dollars, then decreased by 1K today. I will have carmax look at it day of delivery a few hours before.
We don't have a carmax here in Santa Barbara and I didn't want to hassle with driving 40 minutes south and putting even more miles on the car in case carmax didn't have a better offer... I have to say the trade in process was super easy through tesla and I didn't have to worry about the timing..just drove up and left in my new car this morning :)

Reactions: tren01t