Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just Got a message that :

"We currently expect your Model 3 to be built on 12/31. Please prepare to take delivery at our New years eve delivery event at the Tesla Factory".

Yesterday VIN and MVPA appeared.
I just received the same text. Hopefully something a little exciting for this "event".

Yup just got the same thing too, just got off the phone with fremont who bounced me to walnut creek and they dont seem to have any idea whats going on.

I guess that's cool if you didn't already have plans for NYE -- hopefully they have some cool giveaways etc. for attendees. No such luck on my end as I'm down in So Cal.

My understanding is they are just barely able to get the cars out of the factory on 12/31. I am wondering how many people will turn up on the last day ? 300-400 ? what is the per day capacity for Model 3 production ?

I guess that's cool if you didn't already have plans for NYE -- hopefully they have some cool giveaways etc. for attendees. No such luck on my end as I'm down in So Cal.
Yeah, that would bother some who had big plans for NYE. Fortunately for me, I didn't have any big plans this year so guess the family and I will be just cruising in our new ride! And I will be staying up all night installing my accessories!

Yeah, that would bother some who had big plans for NYE. Fortunately for me, I didn't have any big plans this year so guess the family and I will be just cruising in our new ride! And I will be staying up all night installing my accessories!

I'm happy for you and a little bit jealous. I'm taking this news as basically an indication that the rest of us outside the area are SOL if we are hoping for a delivery before the end of the year. Guess I should have ordered 10+ weeks ago.

Got a second text to select an appointment date but the link takes me to a page with this message-
"There are currently no appointments available
A Tesla representative will contact you.

We are working on increasing available appointments. Please check back at 8AM tomorrow."

Anyone else see this?

Ya I'm pissed. Bought tickets for a NYE cruise that leaves at 9pm so no way in hell I can make both. The Fremont delivery hub is bouncing calls to other centers right now, and they don't know sh*t. F*cking sh*t show and now I'm no longer recommending a tesla to anyone till they manage to get their act together.

Reactions: EV_MTV and iamnid
Ya I'm pissed. Bought tickets for a NYE cruise that leaves at 9pm so no way in hell I can make both. The Fremont delivery hub is bouncing calls to other centers right now, and they don't know sh*t. F*cking sh*t show and now I'm no longer recommending a tesla to anyone till they manage to get their act together.
I agree, they shouldn't get a pass for this mess. They certainly won't get one from me.

Reactions: EV_MTV
If you're leasing, will you always charge to 100%? I know charging to 85% is best for battery life but if you're returning the car in 3 years then what's the incentive? Especially since you can't purchase the car after lease.

Charging from 80 to 100% takes way more time so not very time efficient. Much faster charge time from up to 80%. Also charging to upper levels will cause Regen to not be there or less until the battery can use up some of it's charge as regen puts power back into a battery (so like no where to go). If you plug in every night charging to 80-90% shouldn't be a problem and if you use a supercharger I doubt you'll want to sit and wait there to get the last 10-20% of charge if you don't need to. Best thing about urban/superchargers is that you can quickly get enough of a charge to get you where you need to go without much down time.

I ordered my M3 SR+ white exterior/black interior on 12/2. Received availability email on 12/17 (indicated I was available every day between 12/22 and 12/31).

so far no VIN on my account page (haven’t checked the source yet), no text to schedule delivery. I just emailed my Tesla Advisor at Rocklin show room where I am picking my car up to express my concern (if I lose the tax credit I’ll have to cancel our order). She said “You definitely shouldn’t be concerned. You vehicle is still on track for end of year delivery.”

Not sure if that’s something all employees are being told to say at this point, or if she has real information. Probably the former since she gave no details even though I also asked when the next delivery of SR+’s to Rocklin would be.

fingers crossed

I ordered my M3 SR+ white exterior/black interior on 12/2. Received availability email on 12/17 (indicated I was available every day between 12/22 and 12/31).

so far no VIN on my account page (haven’t checked the source yet), no text to schedule delivery. I just emailed my Tesla Advisor at Rocklin show room where I am picking my car up to express my concern (if I lose the tax credit I’ll have to cancel our order). She said “You definitely shouldn’t be concerned. You vehicle is still on track for end of year delivery.”

Not sure if that’s something all employees are being told to say at this point, or if she has real information. Probably the former since she gave no details even though I also asked when the next delivery of SR+’s to Rocklin would be.

fingers crossed
They're just saying that so you don't cancel your order. I ordered 10/25 and have as much information as you do regarding the car. If they ARE in fact going to get us our cars before the end of the year, why so vague in the responses? Shouldn't you know if there's a shipment of cars being sent out to where we are located? It shouldn't be a mystery. They just keep stringing us along. Every time you call, you get a different excuse and different estimated delivery date -- they're just making stuff up at this point. It's very poor business practice and has completely soured me on the entire process. At this point, when the car finally does come, I'll go and pick it up but all joy has been sucked out of the purchase by this terrible process. If there was even one competitor out there that made a decent car, I would have bought it a few weeks ago after what we've gone through here.

Reactions: Krytron
I was told by DC on Monday morning before i got my vin and date on text, that they would be making a batch on the 24th and last by the 26th and that if I dint get a vin by the 27th to call them to see what they can do? Hope you get yours soon!

Well good news! I got my text this morning! Ordered 11/11 SR+, Blue / White, Aero, FSD. Text 12/24, delivery 12/27 @ Burbank!

im convinced no one here has ordered their car before i did. no one is getting boned as hard as me. ordered 10/21 black sr plus black paint black interior fsd. NO UPDATE AT ALL. its disgusting how some of you have ordered WEEKS after me yet you have your cars and i have nothing. its a bunch of bullshit

95d6d637c56bfcf6f171340721738d265c96d5fd711f858ece91bcbb6505cd3f.jpg