Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand your frustration and wish you the best with whatever you decide. As for the Mach-E, it may be a very nice car, but just like I would have never bought the original 2008 Tesla Roadster, I would never buy the first EV that Ford attempts to build. Look at the problems Jaguar and Audi owners are having with their current EVs. If you think dealing with Tesla’s order process is difficult, try owning one of those vehicles and dealing with service issues on a regular basis.

Regarding your $100, if you don’t have a sales adviser you can just call the main number at Tesla, ask for sales, and let them know you need to cancel due to their inability to deliver by year end. I would wait until at least January 2 to do this as right now I know it’s difficult to get through to anyone at Tesla. Once January rolls around they will have plenty of time to answer their phones again.
OCR1, Thank you for advice.

Reactions: OCR1
Just Received :

TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - You are on track to receive one of the last Teslas built in 2019! We currently expect your Model 3 to be built Monday night and are planning for you to take delivery on 12/31 at the Tesla Factory (45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538) once it is produced. Details on more precise timing to come tomorrow. If you are unable to take delivery on 12/31, please reply JANUARY and we will plan your delivery for next month.

Just Received :

TESLA DELIVERY UPDATE - You are on track to receive one of the last Teslas built in 2019! We currently expect your Model 3 to be built Monday night and are planning for you to take delivery on 12/31 at the Tesla Factory (45500 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538) once it is produced. Details on more precise timing to come tomorrow. If you are unable to take delivery on 12/31, please reply JANUARY and we will plan your delivery for next month.

Just got the same text

Reactions: SMAlset
Just Received :

Just got the same text

Congrats you 2! I am happy for you guys.

When did you order? I guess I am the last local man standing who got screwed LOL!

Just Received :

Just got the same text
That’s amazing! Congrats!!

Just Received :

Just got the same text except mine said car being built Tuesday morning. Ordered SR+ on 10/31.

Reactions: SMAlset
After my earlier email about not getting a car this year, I replied asking for their thoughts on the next steps.

I received a reply from the "Assistant Store Manager" asking if I was most worried about the tax credit ending on 12/31.

I replied that I did not particularly care about that, but wanted a car, since I am a bit stuck with the 2 of us getting to work with 1 car.

I have not heard back in the 5 hours since that email.

I am just constantly surprised with their "organization". If I were working in a management position to try to take care of a customer who we had wronged, I would have a handful of thoughts and options, and reply to any of their questions with an option or 2 which seems like it would help them out.

The radio silence is just confusing....why ask me if the Tax Break is a huge deal and then not follow it up with info on how they can mitigate the loss, or their current thoughts on what the next steps are.

Just Received :

I also got this. I went back to the factory this morning and talked to the delivery folks who said my VIN is still assigned even though it doesn’t show up in the account. They said they didn’t know if the car would be built in time which is why the delivery appointment disappeared from the account. I got this text about two hours ago, so I’m hoping it actually happens!

After my earlier email about not getting a car this year, I replied asking for their thoughts on the next steps.

I received a reply from the "Assistant Store Manager" asking if I was most worried about the tax credit ending on 12/31.

I replied that I did not particularly care about that, but wanted a car, since I am a bit stuck with the 2 of us getting to work with 1 car.

I am just constantly surprised with their "organization". If I were working in a management position to try to take care of a customer who we had wronged, I would have a handful of thoughts and options, and reply to any of their questions with an option or 2 which seems like it would help them out.

The radio silence is just confusing....why ask me if the Tax Break is a huge deal and then not follow it up with info on how they can mitigate the loss, or their current thoughts on what the next steps are.

I think these decisions get made higher up and he probably is proposing something and waiting for approval.

I wish you get it buddy. Many people who have been waiting and local got to end of line. All the best.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Just Received :

did you guys choose to have your car picked up in Fremont?

wonder if we can change delivery location to the Tesla Factory if it guarantees delivery by 12/31

I understand your frustration and wish you the best with whatever you decide. As for the Mach-E, it may be a very nice car, but just like I would have never bought the original 2008 Tesla Roadster, I would never buy the first EV that Ford attempts to build. Look at the problems Jaguar and Audi owners are having with their current EVs. If you think dealing with Tesla’s order process is difficult, try owning one of those vehicles and dealing with service issues on a regular basis.

Ford did build the Focus Electric from Dec 2011 to May 2018 in North America. My co-worker had one and it was a full electric vehicle.