Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery yesterday!! It was the smoothest car buying experience ever - signed three docs, listened to a group presentation, found my car in the lot, and drove off. An hour tops only because I took my time looking at the car before we left.

Original estimate 6-8 weeks, actual delivery 4 weeks.

I will say that the speculation that SA’s don’t have any more insight into the delivery timeframe for each specific vehicle appears to be correct - I emailed a SA a couple days before I got my delivery text asking if they had any info and the reply was “should hear from us before the end of March”. The cars are ready when they’re ready.

Greater Los Angeles area, ordered 2/2, received a text yesterday that the vehicle was in transit, delivery is scheduled for this weekend. Original estimate was 6-8 weeks.

SR+ blk/blk 19” AP

Reactions: Jbuckz and Roald44
Took delivery of mine on Friday. Very smooth process but was somewhat disappointed that there was no orientation whatsoever. When we asked the delivery person she said we could come back on Sunday for a group orientation. All we could get her to do was help with setting the phones as keys to the car. Delighted with this amazing car, but there is a learning curve.

Took delivery of mine on Friday. Very smooth process but was somewhat disappointed that there was no orientation whatsoever. When we asked the delivery person she said we could come back on Sunday for a group orientation. All we could get her to do was help with setting the phones as keys to the car. Delighted with this amazing car, but there is a learning curve.

I'll update tomorrow with my experience. But from what it sounds like with all the videos they send via text with the updates, most people know all about the car before delivery. Still would be nice to go through the motions though.

I keep reading about people getting their VIN on their 'source' - can someone tell me where this so called source is? It's been two weeks since I ordered my SR+ Blue with 18s and black interior so I imagine it's still a week or so before i get any update! But would help to know what this source is that everyone keeps talking about. TIA!

I keep reading about people getting their VIN on their 'source' - can someone tell me where this so called source is? It's been two weeks since I ordered my SR+ Blue with 18s and black interior so I imagine it's still a week or so before i get any update! But would help to know what this source is that everyone keeps talking about. TIA!

on google chrome, open your manage part on your tesla account. Once overview has load up, right click and open source. Then ctrl-f on the new tab where the html code loaded, type in 5yj. If you have something, thats your vin

Reactions: Blue2020
I got a call on Friday to say I had been matched early. Picked up on Sunday (Rocklin, CA)! Fantastic car. Worth the wait. I'd originally ordered Jan 11 with an 8-11 week wait. Only got one text in that time with a delivery update. White/White/18/FSD.

So, called Tesla about making a change to my order (from Aeros to 19") as I don't have a VIN yet. They put me on hold and came back and said I'd most likely be getting a delivery notification sometime today even though a car hasn't been assigned. I could still change the order but I'd be looking at late March to mid April delivery window. That said, I responded "forget it.... keep it as is". I keep thinking of all those November people still waiting for cars. With regard to the wheels, it's purely aesthetics as I'm getting white/white and the sport wheels look better to me. He said that once I schedule delivery, if I still wanted the 19's, there shouldn't be an issue arranging that at delivery. We'll see!

Reactions: ofcorona
This is just a recap of my experience ordering and interacting with the SA. I was in the dark in regards to what the next steps were. Hopefully this would give you an idea what to expect after placing your order.
1. Order through website.
2. You will receive text and email to confirm your order is complete.
3. fill out all the available information needed online through the tesla including financing options, trade in, insurance.
4. Wait for several weeks. (at least 3-4 weeks before a VIN is assigned, sooner if you are lucky)
5. check for VIN through Source code
6. Once VIN assigned to you, you will get a text to set up delivery time.
7. Need to complete this step even if you are not able to make the appointment, just pick a day. Completing this step will allow you to print out the purchase agreement which you have to forward to your bank to complete loan to pay tesla.
8. If you are not able to make the delivery appointment, call to reschedule for not more than 1 day later as they will not hold you car for more than 3 days after it arrives at the delivery center.
7. Pay your portion (downpayment) to tesla before or at delivery.
8. Go for your delivery date to pick up your car!!

9. ENJOY the CAR.

If i have forgotten any steps please add to it.

I'm currently matched to my VIN, deliver on March 12. If I see a car in the existing inventory and I want to be matched to it instead, how so I do that? The only option I see is the spend another $100 order fee to click purchase, or to request a call back. Is there some sort of secret phone number to call?

Last night I saw my configuration, available in my area, with $3000 miles on it and a $2700 discount, and I couldn't get in touch with me SA or get a call back.

Reactions: ElectricIAC