Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m scheduled to help a friend pick up their SR+ in Orange County tomorrow. They are directing us to pick it up at 1905 Main Street in Irvine. Has anyone else gone there to pick up their car? Is it just a parking lot that Tesla is renting out? I’ve only picked up my cars at the Costa Mesa facility so far.

I’m scheduled to help a friend pick up their SR+ in Orange County tomorrow. They are directing us to pick it up at 1905 Main Street in Irvine. Has anyone else gone there to pick up their car? Is it just a parking lot that Tesla is renting out? I’ve only picked up my cars at the Costa Mesa facility so far.
Most likely. I was suppose to pick up my car at the Buena Park SC, and was directed to Knott's Berry Farm parking lot to pick up my car. They rented a portion of their parking lot.

Most likely. I was suppose to pick up my car at the Buena Park SC, and was directed to Knott's Berry Farm parking lot to pick up my car. They rented a portion of their parking lot.
Thanks. I wonder how they will handle charging the car before delivery since they obviously won’t have any wall connectors in the parking lot. We requested they change the location to the Costa Mesa delivery center but I’m anticipating they will say no. Every delivery I’ve done so far has required the service center to fix a few things. Having the service center right next to the delivery center has saved me a lot of time I otherwise would have wasted making appointments for them to fix things.

Thanks. I wonder how they will handle charging the car before delivery since they obviously won’t have any wall connectors in the parking lot. We requested they change the location to the Costa Mesa delivery center but I’m anticipating they will say no. Every delivery I’ve done so far has required the service center to fix a few things. Having the service center right next to the delivery center has saved me a lot of time I otherwise would have wasted making appointments for them to fix things.
My car had about 70% charge when I picked it up.

Awesome. Did you have any issues that I should look out for? Meaning with the car itself.
I had some minor issues. I had a very small misalignment on the frunk and The two front doors require more force than normal to shut. I saw quite a few people on Reddit reporting a similar issue. Also there was some damage to the headliner. I reported it all and they promised to repair it. Nothing to worry about honestly, but it’s best to get it fixed. Even if they didn’t fix it I would still be happy with my car.

I had a VIN appear last night with an estimated delivery date of 3/24-3/27. A couple of hours later, it showed my account on hold until July 1, but to click “I’m ready” if I want it earlier. I clicked “I’m ready” and now no VIN and shows EDD 1-13 weeks again. I am already very angry considering the fact that I had initially ordered a model Y SR and then they stopped making them, but would not let me just transfer the $100 over to the model 3 order. So they basically just kept $100 of mine when it is not my fault that they stopped making the model Y SR. Now with a disappearing van after getting my hopes up, I am really tired of Tesla’s shenanigans.

Reactions: Grob103
I had a VIN appear last night with an estimated delivery date of 3/24-3/27. A couple of hours later, it showed my account on hold until July 1, but to click “I’m ready” if I want it earlier. I clicked “I’m ready” and now no VIN and shows EDD 1-13 weeks again. I am already very angry considering the fact that I had initially ordered a model Y SR and then they stopped making them, but would not let me just transfer the $100 over to the model 3 order. So they basically just kept $100 of mine when it is not my fault that they stopped making the model Y SR. Now with a disappearing van after getting my hopes up, I am really tired of Tesla’s shenanigans.
They did not stop making the model Y SR. You just have to special order it not from the website. Also, if you wanted to change cars from the first $100 deposit, you just needed to contact them to change your order. No additional $100 deposit for a different model needed.

They did not stop making the model Y SR. You just have to special order it not from the website. Also, if you wanted to change cars from the first $100 deposit, you just needed to contact them to change your order. No additional $100 deposit for a different model needed.
That is completely incorrect according to a Tesla employee at the nearest service center. He told me that even though Elon tweeted that they are still being made off menu, that they aren’t. He checked inventory for me and there weren’t any. He then checked with his manager who also said they aren’t making them anymore at all, not even “off menu.” He said since there weren’t any in inventory, and they could NOT be ordered off menu, that my only option was to either upgrade to MY LR for a lot more money or change to a different model altogether. I slept on it and went to the service center the following day and test drove a model 3. After deciding that I liked it, I asked him about transferring the $100 and he said that it could not be done. He said the only change they allow it if you change the options on the same model. He said if you change models, you lose the original hundred dollars and have to place another hundred dollars. This was told to me directly buy a Tesla employee at a service center.

Reactions: Grob103
I had some minor issues. I had a very small misalignment on the frunk and The two front doors require more force than normal to shut. I saw quite a few people on Reddit reporting a similar issue. Also there was some damage to the headliner. I reported it all and they promised to repair it. Nothing to worry about honestly, but it’s best to get it fixed. Even if they didn’t fix it I would still be happy with my car.
Appreciate it. Did the sales advisor alert you to anything before hand or did they present you with the car and think it was perfect? I'm working with someone who's name begins with G. (Don't want to put them on any sort of blast/call out online as they've been great.)

Appreciate it. Did the sales advisor alert you to anything before hand or did they present you with the car and think it was perfect? I'm working with someone who's name begins with G. (Don't want to put them on any sort of blast/call out online as they've been great.)
I know exactly who you’re talking about, G was great and helpful. Although he wasn’t my advisor. And no, they didn’t alert me to any issues. I took it home and looked over it at home. I am a little dissatisfied with that they weren’t transparent with me. They seemed really rushed to deliver.

We took delivery of our white/black/18 SR+ last night. We spent about 45 minutes looking over the car before accepting it. The car was in nearly perfect condition. We found one microscopic chip on the lower bumper and a little bit of missing paint on one of the door hinges (on the interior) that needs a little touch up. But otherwise everything looked perfect. The car had 117 miles of range on it. The new interior looks great. Owner is very happy today.