Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have called them a couple times. Last time I spoke to them was 5/22. At that time, they had told me that I should receive my VIN late last week/early this week, but alas here I am... without a VIN. Can't talk to my SA either.
You are very patient, I would have called Friday and probably driven to the dealership yesterday.. Our branch was open during memorial day to handle the huge delivery backlog.

I've got a similar build but white interior no fsd. I've got June 13-26, it moved up a day today.

I looked at the Delivery Spreadsheet on this site and to be honest not to many Solid Black SR+ on there... Most are LR or Performance, makes me wonder/nervous that mine won't be done for a while until they have enough of them to build... Granted that's only a handful of people more orders are placed but they don't come to the site to update the sheet...

Reactions: aresgraphicsss
I looked at the Delivery Spreadsheet on this site and to be honest not to many Solid Black SR+ on there... Most are LR or Performance, makes me wonder/nervous that mine won't be done for a while until they have enough of them to build... Granted that's only a handful of people more orders are placed but they don't come to the site to update the sheet...
Ehh yeah I don't think the spreadsheet is very reliable. I think if less ordering solid black SR, then the amount they've made will go first. Bc they can't just put out every other color, they've gotta get some black ones out as well. Atleast I'm hoping.

Not understanding why you don’t have your Vin by now. I would call and talk to someone in Kanas City.
Called back and talked to someone (Pete). He says that they have some model 3s on the lot but are all assigned to someone. He said that most of them are model Ys (which was what I was told previously). He is guessing mine would be available for pickup on the week of the 21st. This would be week 14 of my 1-13 week delivery estimate when I placed the order. Go figure.

He said that generally when I receive a VIN it will be a week or a week and a half after that when I can take delivery (which is contrary to what people have said here... even those who picked up from the same location recently). I asked about that and they said they had a large number of cars delivered and that's the reason for the short pickup time after VIN assignment.

Seems the story is different depending on who you talk to (like as with all customer service jobs really).

At this rate, I just hope I get it this quarter....

If I don't get one this quarter I will just cancel the order and write it off waiting for another EV to hit the market. I would love to a have a second car but my wife doesn't work and rarely do we need to travel apart from each other.

My estimated delivery time jumps around a bit, today its 14-30, yesterday it was 13-30, etc. At this point I am just somewhat burned out on the experience and all of the news with Tesla Vision, etc.

If I don't get one this quarter I will just cancel the order and write it off waiting for another EV to hit the market. I would love to a have a second car but my wife doesn't work and rarely do we need to travel apart from each other.

My estimated delivery time jumps around a bit, today its 14-30, yesterday it was 13-30, etc. At this point I am just somewhat burned out on the experience and all of the news with Tesla Vision, etc.
I suppose I expected some sort of wait (I knew I wasn't going to get my car in a week or two), but this is sort of ridiculous. The lack of transparency, the lack of communication from my advisors, the wonky rhyme and reason for deliveries... this is by far (for me at least) the worst car experience that I have ever had... but also this is the first Tesla I have ever purchased... maybe if it was my 2nd, I wouldn't be so surprised and would at least know what to expect.

Reactions: sirazier
Received Vin Friday night, my SA reach out Sunday morning saying my car was on the way and set pick up date for June 8th. submitted insurance today just waiting on them to ask for payment. Account originally showed estimated delivery of 5/31-6/5 once the Vin was Assigned but I guess it wont be ready until the 8th. Ordered May 11th, White with Black interior No FSD.

I suppose I expected some sort of wait (I knew I wasn't going to get my car in a week or two), but this is sort of ridiculous. The lack of transparency, the lack of communication from my advisors, the wonky rhyme and reason for deliveries... this is by far (for me at least) the worst car experience that I have ever had... but also this is the first Tesla I have ever purchased... maybe if it was my 2nd, I wouldn't be so surprised and would at least know what to expect.
Hang in there... I keep coming back to check if you got your VIN... I was with you all of last week while everyone who ordered after us either got a delivery scheduled or picked up a car. I feel like you might have been on the wrong cycle of them building these cars... We have the chip shortage to blame here... Manufacturing and assembly is a complex process and more so when parts are expected from across the world, just in time for assembly. Based on Chicago lots, seems like delivery to dealership is made weekly... You should see something this week.

Reactions: makirules