Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ugghhh meanwhile my 4/7 white/black SR+ order just few miles from the factory has yet to deliver :(
i feel you! my black/black SR+ was taking forever. so i decided to settle on a "new" inventory model. I had to get black with white interior. A bit more expensive of course having white seats and paying a $1,000 transport fee but I couldn't take the waiting anymore. I am without a car in LA for 5+ weeks now haha

Reactions: rsaucedo23
i feel you! my black/black SR+ was taking forever. so i decided to settle on a "new" inventory model. I had to get black with white interior. A bit more expensive of course having white seats and paying a $1,000 transport fee but I couldn't take the waiting anymore. I am without a car in LA for 5+ weeks now haha
My family of 4 adults has been sharing two cars for months now in a suburb outside LA. We're all part or full-time employed... it's been a nightmarish wait for this tesla :(

Reactions: rsaucedo23
No need to hurry on the insurance but you can start shopping around without effectively adding the new car to the policy until your delivery date is firm.
I switched from Esurance to Geico (better price end better coverage). Been with Esurance for at least 7 years but they couldn't match Geico's price. You can upload the insurance proof just before taking delivery.
If you trade in your car to whoever sells you a new car, the value of your trade in reduces the price of your new car (and therefore you pay less sales tax.

Eg, where I live, sales tax is 13%. Therefore, to be worth it (not counting the convenience factor), an offer to buy your old car should be a least 13% more than a trade in value.

Reactions: GiFer
Also if anyone’s interested I found this one in the bay a few mins ago. Im not a fan of the blue or else I’d jump on it.
93AAD774-4E35-431B-85CA-2411FE09E682.png

A quick question to everyone:

Does the proof of insurance that is needed to be uploaded prior to delivery need to reflect the delivery date? It looks like my insurance premium is a lot lower for some reason starting the day after taking delivery lol. Its definitely a dilemma.
im just wondering what to do.

For anyone who is financing through Tesla, I have a question. I accepted financing through Wells Fargo and got everything approved, but just today I received a letter from Wells Fargo saying I was approved, but Tesla hasn’t accepted the offer for my financing.. and of course when I called Tesla for an explanation, there was no answer. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation and know what to do? Kinda confused here.

For anyone who is financing through Tesla, I have a question. I accepted financing through Wells Fargo and got everything approved, but just today I received a letter from Wells Fargo saying I was approved, but Tesla hasn’t accepted the offer for my financing.. and of course when I called Tesla for an explanation, there was no answer. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation and know what to do? Kinda confused here.
When you or a dealer places a financing request, the bank is legally required to send you a letter of approval or denial. My guess is that Tesla's just still working on sorting it out or looking for better rates

Reactions: kelseymarie38
A quick question to everyone:

Does the proof of insurance that is needed to be uploaded prior to delivery need to reflect the delivery date? It looks like my insurance premium is a lot lower for some reason starting the day after taking delivery lol. Its definitely a dilemma.
im just wondering what to do.
unfortunately, i think you need to have active insurance on the day you take delivery. you can always schedule your delivery for the next day if they will let you

Reactions: Justwaiting
The only thing I got from Wells Fargo was the thing that had my credit score on it. I got approved for wells Fargo on the Tesla website.

Reactions: rpayton1974
I gotta say, these Tesla advisors may be the worst customer service reps I've ever experienced. I have no idea what they get paid for doing, considering they will not respond to any messages or calls. What exactly do they do?
Most likely they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to make the end of quarter numbers...

I am interested to see when you get your details about making payments... so I have an idea of when to expect mine.
I got an email from them (Wells Fargo) a few days ago (day after I took delivery) that says I will be getting some welcome package soon that will have all the stuff for the loan in it. The email did tell me my payment due date and amount. Says the welcome package will have all the info on how to make a payment online.

Reactions: GiFer and makirules