Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone... guess I will make my intro. I'm in the MD/DC area.

I placed my order for my white M3 black interior, everything standard on 5/25. I've been stalking this thread since then but finally decided to post. Quick question. I went into the Montgomery Mall showroom to test drive but ordered online. I sent a text to the SA that helped me with the test drive and he looked up my RN number. Did he assign my car to him? Do they not work on commission? LOL

Anyway, my delivery date has moved several times and is now sitting at July 27- August 16. *sigh*

Reactions: GiFer
Carvana took my ICE today, so we're now a one-car family. I've already had to borrow my wife's car twice. Hope my 6/26 delivery goes as scheduled.

Since ordering, I've really been noticing Teslas on the roads. I always leaned towards the 3 over the Y, but my wife wanted me to give it more thought. I stuck with the 3, since we have the Odyssey as the family road-trip vehicle.

To be honest, though, if she had really pushed me, I would have been okay with the Y.

But now... every time I see a Y on the road, it just looks like a bloated 3 to me. :) And I'm amazed at how many X's I see.
I have been driving my wife's ICE car and been a 1 car family since 4/30.

Reactions: Zinzan
Alas, the EDD for my May 10th order for a SR+ Red went from the end of June to August 15 - September 4!

My SA now says:

With the immense demand we are seeing at this time, it is most likely we will not see a vehicle produced from our factory this month. If you still wish to take delivery in June, we will have to seek inventory that is available onsite. These may vary from your configuration, but will be available to pick up immediately.

You have to be dedicated to become a Tesla owner.
Rather than wait until the fall to receive my red Tesla SR+, I accepted my SA's offer to look for an available model. He found the same car in white with 200 miles on it. I accepted this car, and picked it up yesterday on June 15th. Yea! It's not red, but it was 2K cheaper and still has a nice pearly white.

Once I accepted the car on-line, there was much insistence to pay using ACH before picking up the car. My SA agreed I could pay with a cashier's check so there was time to look the car over before finalizing purchase. This made a little bit of trouble since the Tesla App on my phone would not update to allow me to open the car because I hadn't paid. The car looked fine to me, so luckily found a service rep nearby who took my check inside and had my App updated to access the car.

The only surprises for me were: 1) no USB-A port in the console anymore, like in the owner's manual, so I couldn't use a flash drive filled with music. and 2) the tires were updated from the Continentals to Michelin Primacy MXM4. Battery was 88% charged when I picked it up, which ended at about 30% by the time I finished the drive from downtown Chicago to Madison, Wisconsin.

Nice to finally be part of the Tesla family.

Hi everyone... guess I will make my intro. I'm in the MD/DC area.

I placed my order for my white M3 black interior, everything standard on 5/25. I've been stalking this thread since then but finally decided to post. Quick question. I went into the Montgomery Mall showroom to test drive but ordered online. I sent a text to the SA that helped me with the test drive and he looked up my RN number. Did he assign my car to him? Do they not work on commission? LOL

Anyway, my delivery date has moved several times and is now sitting at July 27- August 16. *sigh*
I had a similar question when I test drove. I asked and turns out they no longer work on commission! (as of the last 2-3 years if I remember correctly)

Rather than wait until the fall to receive my red Tesla SR+, I accepted my SA's offer to look for an available model. He found the same car in white with 200 miles on it. I accepted this car, and picked it up yesterday on June 15th. Yea! It's not red, but it was 2K cheaper and still has a nice pearly white.

Once I accepted the car on-line, there was much insistence to pay using ACH before picking up the car. My SA agreed I could pay with a cashier's check so there was time to look the car over before finalizing purchase. This made a little bit of trouble since the Tesla App on my phone would not update to allow me to open the car because I hadn't paid. The car looked fine to me, so luckily found a service rep nearby who took my check inside and had my App updated to access the car.

The only surprises for me were: 1) no USB-A port in the console anymore, like in the owner's manual, so I couldn't use a flash drive filled with music. and 2) the tires were updated from the Continentals to Michelin Primacy MXM4. Battery was 88% charged when I picked it up, which ended at about 30% by the time I finished the drive from downtown Chicago to Madison, Wisconsin.

White is nice, too.

There should be a USB port in the glove box!

I sent my Tesla Advisor an email yesterday asking about if I would get my VIN soon (EDD 6/18 - 6/30) and he didn't answer. I will call him later today but I'm getting real anxious.
So I called my Tesla Advisor and left a message but no response. So I called the Costa Mesa Sales Center and got a Sales Rep that picked up. He asked me what's going on and as I started to explain that my Advisor didn't answer my call or email and I'm calling to get some answers, he sighed loudly in my ear on the phone and said, "well, what is the issue?" I told him that I wanted to know if the EDD 6/18-6/30 may still be accurate since I have a lease I need to turn and didn't want to be without a car and he said "If the site says that then you'll get a call in that range." 😟 I hope he knows what he's talking about...

Last edited:
Reactions: Firewifey
So... interesting story but n=1

A friend placed his reservation for a white/white M3SR+ end of May and had his loan conditionally approved for a couple weeks now but never submitted his proof of income until a couple days ago. His estimated delivery window kept getting pushed further towards the end of July-early August and the loan offer was gonna expire end of June, so he decided not to complete the verification because it'd be useless anyways. So his profile was technically never "complete" (quotations because there is conflicting info whether the payment method section has any bearing on the completeness of a reservation). Anyways, fast forward to today, he somehow got a VIN assigned to him with delivery scheduled on 6/25 even though his portal was showing July-August this whole time.

For the past 4 days and this morning, my EDD held steady at 7/3-7/23 (original order date 4/9).

Just got the call (+email notification) at 3pm that I just got VIN assigned. My SA told me that he had put me on a watchlist since I had called last week expressing concerns that my auto loan approval was expiring by the end of the month. Luckily, there is an available car with matching configuration already at the Burbank SC, now pending inspection and delivery in the next few days!

Hang in there for everyone that is waiting!

Uhhhh..... So I decided to place my order for a Model 3 SR+ last Friday. I saw that the lead time is 9-13 weeks. I thought I should get my order in now so by August/September I should be able to pick it up. 5 Days later and I have a VIN and a delivery date of next week. UMMMMMM!!!!!!! I am going to sell my car to Vroom or Carmax which is going to take me 2-4 weeks just to get my money from that. So this is a predicament. Am I going to lose my $100 that I placed on the order if I don't pick it up? I will probably give the service center a call tomorrow and see what avenues I have but man did this go from 1-100 fast.

Uhhhh..... So I decided to place my order for a Model 3 SR+ last Friday. I saw that the lead time is 9-13 weeks. I thought I should get my order in now so by August/September I should be able to pick it up. 5 Days later and I have a VIN and a delivery date of next week. UMMMMMM!!!!!!! I am going to sell my car to Vroom or Carmax which is going to take me 2-4 weeks just to get my money from that. So this is a predicament. Am I going to lose my $100 that I placed on the order if I don't pick it up? I will probably give the service center a call tomorrow and see what avenues I have but man did this go from 1-100 fast.
As I've read here.. You wont lose your $100, you can tell them you aren't ready for delivery and they will pass that car down to someone else, but that will probably push your delivery to the next quarter then.

Thanks, my expectation was to have it delivered in August/September which is next quarter anyway so hopefully everything will work out. I am going to try an exhaust every option I have to take it now though since my 2015 Corolla is fetching a pretty high price right now on Vroom and who knows what the used market will be like in 2 months. Probably the same though since the unemployment benefits will be expiring around that time.

Reactions: GiFer
Some of the posters on this forum live quite far from the delivery point. What happens if your car is deemed not driveable by Tesla tech support and needs to be towed to a service center which could be a few hours away? Does Tesla pay for this tow? Then the owner of the car has to pick it up at their cost? A week ago I drove my car to the service center which is only a few miles from where I live, they gave me a loaner and I picked it up repaired the next day. Not sure what happens if the service center is a few hours away. Thanks.

Talked to my delivery person today and still no luck. She has a very good feeling that I will get a vin soon but she said I might still lapse my 60 day financing so hopefully the rate stays the same. She said let’s just say “hypothetically” you get a vin assigned on Saturday I still have to wait for delivery to my location in SoCal and inspection so it’s cutting it way close she says. 😔

Reactions: rsaucedo23
Wow, congrats. Quickest delivery turnaround i've come across recently. Curious what were your order specs? Picking up from Chicago?

if you sell to carmax, you should get paid right when you sell. they will issue you a check. but as you've read, some people have placed a hold on their deliveries and were delayed months. if you can sell it quick, i would do that and get your car while you have it :) waiting in the black hole of wondering when you'll get a car is not fun haha

if you sell to carmax, you should get paid right when you sell. they will issue you a check. but as you've read, some people have placed a hold on their deliveries and were delayed months. if you can sell it quick, i would do that and get your car while you have it :) waiting in the black hole of wondering when you'll get a car is not fun haha
Yeah, I have 2 weeks so I'm going to try and find any way to pick up the car (without sacrificing loads of cash or my kidneys). My actual biggest problem is that I need to update drivers license with my current address. That might be my biggest obstacle since the DMV I drove by today was jam packed. It's not a big deal if I miss out though, it's just I wasn't expecting this. It's a good problem to have.