Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me Tesla offering me more than carvana and CarMax. Plus your credit goes down once you pay off a car and I have to redo financing with Tesla in a month so it would be worse for me to sell right before another credit check I was about to sell to CarMax today but their offer was lower
Barely, at least in my case. I paid off our 2017 Subaru Outback in March once we got our stimulus checks, and Credit Karma showed that my score dropped from 819 to 817 in early April after it was reported. Big whoop. It was back up to 819 the following week.

I found out that the NEMA 14-50 adapter for the mobile connector isn't included. That's definitely a priority if you plan to charge at home. When I ordered, they were out of stock on the Tesla site. I asked to be notified when they were back in stock and a week later was notified. Using the included 120v adapter is a waste of time at 3-4 miles of range per hour. I also ordered the Homelink module from Tesla. Yes, it's a luxury. I found it to be very convenient in my last car - a Model S.

I almost found out the hard way that the mobile connector really needs some support. My plug came loose and almost started a fire. Thankfully, the breaker tripped and a disaster was avoided. See attached image. I ordered this from Amazon: Amazon.com: BougeRV Tesla Mobile Charger Chassis Holder Wall Mount UMC Holder fits Tesla Model 3/ Y/X/S Gen 1 & 2 Standard Mobile Charger: Automotive

I ordered the wheel covers here so I could ditch the awful aero covers: Amazon.com: Tesla Model 3 & Model Y Center Caps Hubcaps Cover Aero Wheels/Rims Cap Kits for Original Rims [Titanium Deep Gray with Silver T Logo]: Automotive

I've still got a bunch of things in my Amazon cart saved for later including:

Center Console film
Shopping bag hooks
Garbage bag
Seat Covers
Floor Mats
Ambient lights
Spoilers
Pedal Covers
Smart Ring
USB Hub

I'm playing those by ear for now. I'm sure as I get closer to EDD (now 9-13 weeks like everyone else), I'll end up purchasing some of them ;-)
That plug looks done, did you have to buy a brand new mobile connector? The link you provided is a holder, which I might end up getting now too.

My SA just reached out via email. They do so every week or 2. Got the following, "Your Model 3 is in line for production and is estimated to be on its way mid to late August. I will be sending you updates in the coming weeks to best prepare you for delivery."

I guess we will see which is right. EDD or SA. Website shows - Delivery date: July 28 - August 17

My SA just reached out via email. They do so every week or 2. Got the following, "Your Model 3 is in line for production and is estimated to be on its way mid to late August. I will be sending you updates in the coming weeks to best prepare you for delivery."

I guess we will see which is right. EDD or SA. Website shows - Delivery date: July 28 - August 17
Wow SA actually reaches out to you!? Curious, when did you place your order?

Ordered an SR+ today, my account shows 9-13 weeks.

I have searched through the threads and I think I understand that I need/want to buy floormats and homelink as it will come with neither. Although I have seen various comments on the floor mats, so maybe it varies by location?

Wow, glad I read this. I was not aware that the included adapter was slow charging. I've been doing everything to get ready for the car (accessories, solar panels with EV charger attached to the inverter, etc) and I thought I was all set. I'll have to pick up one of these. I found it on Amazon for $85 or on Tesla for $95. A lot of people seemed to have fitment issues with the Amazon one, may be worth the extra $10 just to get it straight from Tesla.
That sounds a little pricey to me. IT sounds like you may be looking at the J1772 adapter. You'll get one of those. I was talking about the Gen 2 Mobile Connector 14-50 adapter here: Gen 2 NEMA Adapters

That plug looks done, did you have to buy a brand new mobile connector? The link you provided is a holder, which I might end up getting now too.
No. Thankfully, it only fried the adapter. Had to replace the adapter and plug. Yes, I bought the holder to support the transformer built into the Mobile Connector. The weight of the previous transformer pulled the plug part way out of the outlet causing the issue. I'm hoping the holder prevents that this time around.

Reactions: Phyzi Driver
Yeah they keep me updated and check if I have any questions advise me to start thinking about charging option. I have 2 SA that I can reach out to but all of them work together from what it seems, Ordered June 2nd. MSM/Black no fsd paying cash.
I’m so jealous! I’ve contacted Tesla multiple times via chat and over the phone to request a callback from my SA; I’ve never heard back. I asked for a contact number or email but was told that that information was not available. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Did you ever do a test drive? That is how someone was assigned to me and I got the contact.
I test drove 2 time. Maybe that’s why. But other then my excitement to want the car right now. The process has been great and the SA answered all my questions on concerns even calling to congratulate me on my new purchase when he saw it pop up in his system. Crazy how people can have a such a huge different experience.

Does anyone know if it is possible to take delivery from Rochester, NY Tesla (Henrietta, NY)? I live near Syracuse and it wasn't an option. It's a lot closer than NYC

Also, if this delivery data helps anyone for comparison...
Mt. Kisco pickup
Blue/Black/18 SR+
8/17-9/6 EDD, financing approved 7/2, ordered a week before
I live in Camillus. When I ordered mine Rochester was not given as an option. I would much rather go to Rochester than Mt. Kisco myself.
Hope to see you around the roads in CNY soon! I ordered the same configuration. :cool: