Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I knew the timeline based on my original order, I have enjoyed the journey of checking EDD and reading these forums. I am fortunate to have a SA that is communicative and I have always called the Tesla number and have received help from a human when needed. I know there are quirks of working with this company. I had good experience with my Tesla Solar install earlier this year. I would say, this is not an experience of walking in dealership and picking car, haggling and then walking away with car after exhaustive negotiation. Its a different experience. People who need the car today or now, should only check the inventory cars (if any available) on Tesla website or go to other EV manufacturers. While I have enjoyed the journey, many have agonized and taken the EDD too seriously that has caused them aggravation and turmoil. If the vehicle does not become available within the original timeline, I can understand people become upset (and there are many such cases). However, I have seen many who ordered early July and the initial delivery timeline was greater than 16 weeks. If such people after 2 weeks complain about EDD, I think that is a bit out of order.

Just enjoy the EDD or dont check it if it bothers you. When the VIN is assigned, you can start tracking your delivery. Believe me it will be peaceful and enjoyable experience.

Spoken like someone with a vin already on a lifeboat floating away from the Titanic. Lol just messing with you, I agree staying positive will cause less stress.

What is worse, trying to get a PS5 near launch day or waiting for a Tesla Model 3?

At least with the Tesla, you have a vague place in line. With the PS5 it was you vs a thousand bots and a-hole resellers.
Tesla… I have a PS5 that I ordered on Launch day. Waited 3 days for delivery.

SR+ Black/Black Aero No FAD Ordered 06/05

EDD changes daily. Currently Aug 9-29