Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They added one week both ways this morning. SIGH. Order 7/6, blue/black, NJ. Now August 23/Sept 13.

Well. My husband sold our second car (the one that was supposed to be the $400 trade-in) for $900. Which is nice, except... Our insurance told us that if we removed it from our policy and added another car in a couple of weeks, we would get an increase in premiums. Why? I don't know. But it's annoying as heck because now we have to keep that car on our insurance even if we sold it until we get our VIN. And even then, it means paying possibly an extra two weeks of premium until we actually get the car. Also some crap like we would be liable for any ticket until he switches the plates (I mean, we have texts and stuff as "proof" that we sold the car I suppose, so we could contest it, but still).

Also, we're out a car for possibly another month at this point and it completely stinks. Should really just have waited and traded it in, it's stupid, but my husband didn't listen to me so... We had to pay $300 to repair it so it would pass the inspection too. Total suckage.

Don't do it.
Welp, I think i'm done with the EDD checking for a while. Mine this morning now shows October 05 - October 25! I ordered on 7/6 as well..

Reactions: anthonymdfw
Screenshot_20210805-052639~2.png

Order in Q2 delivery 1 day short from Q4 I hate living 15 minutes from the factory. I should placed my order on the east coast and drove back

After receiving my VIN last night, my EDD has shrunk to 8/15-8/21. So, that must mean it’s on the way from the factory!

My wife also ordered a M3 in the exact same configuration as me a day later on 6/24. Her EDD window shrunk to 8 days this morning, which is what happened to me right before I got my VIN.

So, it seems to appear that us midwesterners with late June orders are staring to get VINs now!

My range moved to 9 days today, 8/19-8/28. But I’m not holding my breath just yet. I got down to an 8 day window last week before it shifted out a couple weeks again. Still holding out hope for a VIN next week. Let’s go east coasters!!
Mine keeps moving back and forth from a 9-day, mid-August range to two weeks at the end of August-early September! Crossing my fingers that they’re getting ready to assign VINs to East Coasters…wishful thinking haha

Reactions: curlette461