Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O. M. G.!!!!!! It’s happening y’all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasn’t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And I’m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!
Congratulations. Your wait and persistence pays of. Car delivery would be fun. Enjoy.

OMG!! I got my VIN!! It’s 2 am and I just totally wide awake now! Super excited!!
if you are reading this and still waiting, be positive! It’s just on the way!

ordered 06/06, white/white, no FSD, SoCal.
EDD updated to 08/08-08/12, it was 08/21-09/10 this morning. Obviously EDD means nothing😛
Hell yeah! This is amazing 🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

I wonder if there is an email for the Vancouver/bc region and how one ever goes about finding it.
Did a search on the email and found a link to it on the Tesla Store Locator page. I found the one for Tampa here too, so good luck -

Click on the store name and then if the store has an email, it will show up there. If one isn’t present, try a different one in the same region.

OMG!! I got my VIN!! It’s 2 am and I just totally wide awake now! Super excited!!
if you are reading this and still waiting, be positive! It’s just on the way!

ordered 06/06, white/white, no FSD, SoCal.
EDD updated to 08/08-08/12, it was 08/21-09/10 this morning. Obviously EDD means nothing😛
congratulations !!!! I'm glad we are all in this batch !!

Reactions: iamlina
04746D72-FBD0-4390-880A-E3035B54882F.jpeg
0123BFE3-0278-47F3-84C4-3392C79F80CB.jpeg
5510802F-F4AC-4774-AC99-D797B0A213BA.jpeg

Anyone else buying accessories before you have your car? 😁

And there's the VIN! Now I just have to get my current car back from the bodyshop so I can sell/trade. But it looks like I should have enough time.

Question. Do I have enough time between VIN and payment? My current car would be down payment. But I'm yet to decide whether to trade in or sell it to CarMax, etc.

Good on you! Maybe Tesla doesn’t discriminate against red/white SoCal folks after all!

If I had it to do over again I would have checked these three prices for my old Prius C: Tesla, Carmax, and Carvana. I only checked Tesla ($4300) and Carmax ($7500). I suspect I would have gotten a bigger offer from Carvana. It doesn’t take that much time/effort to get the estimated trade-in amount, and the differences in price seem like they can get pretty substantial.

In general I get the feeling Tesla lowballs trade-ins so that they have room to be a little bit lax in how much scrutiny they put on the cars to be traded in. That way if they get screwed on a few cars that are lemons, it’s OK because Tesla pays such low prices for all the other trade-in cars that it more than makes up for the lemons. But regardless of what you end up deciding trade-in wise, it’s good to make the decision knowing the exact trade-in pricing offers you have at your disposal.

Good on you! Maybe Tesla doesn’t discriminate against red/white SoCal folks after all!

If I had it to do over again I would have checked these three prices for my old Prius C: Tesla, Carmax, and Carvana. I only checked Tesla ($4300) and Carmax ($7500). I suspect I would have gotten a bigger offer from Carvana. It doesn’t take that much time/effort to get the estimated trade-in amount, and the differences in price seem like they can get pretty substantial.

In general I get the feeling Tesla lowballs trade-ins so that they have room to be a little bit lax in how much scrutiny they put on the cars to be traded in. That way if they get screwed on a few cars that are lemons, it’s OK because Tesla pays such low prices for all the other trade-in cars that it more than makes up for the lemons. But regardless of what you end up deciding trade-in wise, it’s good to make the decision knowing the exact trade-in pricing offers you have at your disposal.
Tesla also tends to send all of their trade-in’s to auction vs reselling it like Carvana & Carmax, so they don’t tend to value them like others.

Definitely recommend shopping around like pipp and others have mentioned. Also consider tax benefits in states that charges you the difference in Sales Price & Trade-In Value (e.g. a 10,000 trade-in might give you a $600-700 deduction in Tesla taxes in FL, so if your third-party difference is within that, you’ll be leaving money on the table).