Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 693770View attachment 693771View attachment 693772
Anyone else buying accessories before you have your car? šŸ˜
I've ordered all my accessories except the 6-50 adapter (Out of stock).

Received:
Thinsgo floormats
Tesla T logo puddle lights (Red back doors, Blue front doors)
Center console tube light/Under seat lights
Wheel cap covers
Red and Blue vinyl Tesla T covers (Red on trunk/frunk, blue on steering wheel and side cameras)
Matte screen protector
14-50 adapter
Center console organizer
Center console top secret compartment
Cup holder center spring cup squeezer
Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet, Carlinkit adapter and various accessories for a CarPlay screen to mount under the 15" Tesla screen

Shipped:
5-20 Adapter
Mud flaps
Blue aluminum pedal covers
Digital "analog" speedo/guages for behind steering wheel

Ordered, not shipped:
Tesla paint repair kit
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+, Blue on Black, 18" Rims, No VIN yet

Last edited:
posted in the Canadian section, but thought I put it here as well,
ordered June 30, blue/ white sr+ , wild ride on the EDD like everyone else, and tried not to get excited until I got a vin and........
OK NOW IM EXCITED,
no email yet, but checked account page and VIOLA! The Tesla Vision agreement came up, then I did the source code check to see if vin was there and ............
IT showed up!
now just waiting for notice of delivery scheduling,
I've dreamed of owning an electric car since I was 10, now it is becoming reality, whooo0!

Tesla also tends to send all of their trade-inā€™s to auction vs reselling it like Carvana & Carmax, so they donā€™t tend to value them like others.

Definitely recommend shopping around like pipp and others have mentioned. Also consider tax benefits in states that charges you the difference in Sales Price & Trade-In Value (e.g. a 10,000 trade-in might give you a $600-700 deduction in Tesla taxes in FL, so if your third-party difference is within that, youā€™ll be leaving money on the table).
This is new, the tax benefit that you mention. But looks like CA doesnt have it
Good on you! Maybe Tesla doesnā€™t discriminate against red/white SoCal folks after all!

If I had it to do over again I would have checked these three prices for my old Prius C: Tesla, Carmax, and Carvana. I only checked Tesla ($4300) and Carmax ($7500). I suspect I would have gotten a bigger offer from Carvana. It doesnā€™t take that much time/effort to get the estimated trade-in amount, and the differences in price seem like they can get pretty substantial.

In general I get the feeling Tesla lowballs trade-ins so that they have room to be a little bit lax in how much scrutiny they put on the cars to be traded in. That way if they get screwed on a few cars that are lemons, itā€™s OK because Tesla pays such low prices for all the other trade-in cars that it more than makes up for the lemons. But regardless of what you end up deciding trade-in wise, itā€™s good to make the decision knowing the exact trade-in pricing offers you have at your disposal.
Definitely looking around. KBB cash value check gave a lower value than Tesla but i dont think that is accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: HyperionM3
O. M. G.!!!!!! Itā€™s happening yā€™all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasnā€™t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And Iā€™m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!
Yasss Iā€™m so excited for you!!!

And there's the VIN! Now I just have to get my current car back from the bodyshop so I can sell/trade. But it looks like I should have enough time.

Question. Do I have enough time between VIN and payment? My current car would be down payment. But I'm yet to decide whether to trade in or sell it to CarMax, etc.
Try Carvana, a lot of people are getting best offers from them and the process is simpler than Carmax. Most of the process is online rather than at a physical location.

Reactions: HyperionM3
This is new, the tax benefit that you mention. But looks like CA doesnt have it

Definitely looking around. KBB cash value check gave a lower value than Tesla but i dont think that is accurate.
Carvana offered $1,500 more than Carmax and the entire process was painless. Accepted the offer on Monday and submitted all the docs, vehicle picked up on Wednesday and money was in the bank the following day. Don't even bother with Vroom.

Reactions: curlette461
Carvana offered $1,500 more than Carmax and the entire process was painless. Accepted the offer on Monday and submitted all the docs, vehicle picked up on Wednesday and money was in the bank the following day. Don't even bother with Vroom.
Try Carvana, a lot of people are getting best offers from them and the process is simpler than Carmax. Most of the process is online rather than at a physical location.
I just check Carvana, it gave me quite less that what KBB cash and Tesla Trade in has. Is Carvana entirely online? I know Carmax isnt, and requires in person inspection. My car is being fixed for hail damage, so new painted all over, and its mechanically is great condition. I expect really good value for it

Reactions: Vystery
O. M. G.!!!!!! Itā€™s happening yā€™all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasnā€™t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And Iā€™m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!
Congratulations!!!!

• Love
Reactions: curlette461
I've ordered all my accessories except the 6-50 adapter (Out of stock).

Received:
Thinsgo floormats
Tesla T logo puddle lights (Red back doors, Blue front doors)
Center console tube light/Under seat lights
Wheel cap covers
Red and Blue vinyl Tesla T covers (Red on trunk/frunk, blue on steering wheel and side cameras)
Matte screen protector
14-50 adapter
Center console organizer
Center console top secret compartment
Cup holder center spring cup squeezer
Amazon Fire HD 10 Tablet, Carlinkit adapter and various accessories for a CarPlay screen to mount under the 15" Tesla screen

Shipped:
5-20 Adapter
Mud flaps
Blue aluminum pedal covers
Digital "analog" speedo/guages for behind steering wheel

Ordered, not shipped:
Tesla paint repair kit
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range+, Blue on Black, 18" Rims, No VIN yet
I have a red SR+ and applied my vinyl covers opposite of you lol. Red on tires/steering wheel and blue on frunk/trunk.

What center console tube light did you get?

So theyā€™re not doing a home delivery like they originally mentioned. Having to pick up from Burbank location which isnā€™t an issue.

Spent an hour trying to call them, just voicemail prompt. Decided Iā€™ll just spend 30 mins driving over to get in contact with a person. He said my car is set to arrive to their location on the 10th. He said I can pick it up that day if they can get it washed and prepped. He said to call their store number that day but that line just goes to voicemail. No one picks up phones here.

Just really wish I had a point of contact because this is just frustrating. My delivery window isnā€™t convenient and Iā€™m just trying to give them my money.

Last edited: