Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unclear if you can swap reservations.

However, I believe you can modify your reservation without losing your deposit. It would most likely result in a delay till next year. This would achieve the same goal without financial consequences however it would most likely postpone delivery.

Good luck !
Wow. Why are they charging the destination fee AND a transport fee. Is that even legal?

Less capacity per volume (ok for sr). Worse at low temp. Better longevity. 100pct charge is more acceptable. Arguably safer. Generally considered cheaper. I'm not sure how I feel about it... the mic lfp have bigger capacity... but I think also they lowered the price for lfp versions.
Living in Syracuse, cold weather performance is a key item for me. At this point for what the info is, I’d prefer the battery I’m getting. In a warm climate, might go the other way.

Reactions: Mad4sax
Debating whether I should pick up my car at the nearby Service Center (15-20 mins away) or have it home delivered. If I pick it up at the SC, I could probably have any issues addressed on the spot versus having to book an appointment if I notice any issues with home delivery.

Any other pros or cons I should consider?

Has anyone ordered within the last week on the East coast? Is the Jan est delivery on the website accurate or did it change to an earlier date for you?
I ordered Aug 15, and I was super surprised to see my EDD range is Oct 6-26. I was fully expecting a January date. I think it really depends on your location, your build, and how quickly you get your pre-delivery tasks done.

My delivery date is this Wednesday and am having second thoughts about the black color :confused:

Anyone interested in a black SR+ M3 with 19" wheels and willing to trade reservations? I am looking for a white SR+ preferably with white interior. I am not in a rush and can wait on delivery.

I am not even sure if you can trade/swap reservations but I will call on Monday to ask. I am located in NC so you may have to add shipping costs if you take over this order. Alternatively, if anyone wants to make me a cash offer please DM me.

You can swap - Tesla Order Support stated you need to send a request to [email protected] and it would be addressed in approx. 3 business days.

Reactions: pipp
VIN!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!🍾🎈🎉🎊
Picked up my sweet girl today at Tyson’s sales center. She’s *almost* perfect. Had a small scratch on the rear passenger side panel and a couple of the handles are recessed. But I was super happy with my experience. Met my SA, checked the car over, put in floor mats/screen protector, dropped off signed paperwork and off we went.
Just a word of caution: my husband drove it and now he’s joining the model Y wait club because he’s ordering a Tesla as well. So watch those spouses. They’ll fall head over heels in love with it 😂. Best of luck to everyone still waiting!!View attachment 699605View attachment 699606View attachment 699609View attachment 699610
She’s so pretty!! This is absolutely my second choice of confit with the blue/white!! Absolutely stunning and I hope you enjoy her! 😍😍😍

• Love
Reactions: curlette461
Can you send some links to the complaints? When I heard this rumor I did some research online but didn't see much negative. Charge rate seemed okay, weight is higher (negative), phantom drain seems a bit higher but not really significant, and theoretically the cold weather performance is worse... but I didn't see any concrete evidence on the cold weather issue.

I refuse to retire from this page until you have your VIN. It’s definitely your turn!
Hahahaha! If my EDD is to be believed, that will be awhile. I wish there was something I could do. I can’t yell at my SA because I know it’s completely out of his hands too, but I’m getting very antsy at this point.
Enjoy your car in the mean time for the both of us!!

(moderator note)

This is a waiting room thread, not a battery technology discussion thread. There is already a thread created by @RLEE about this rumor (of lifepo batteries), should be directed to that thread, and not made here.

Please move any further discussion on battery technology to that thread. Thanks

Reactions: asquared17
Took delivery on Saturday and everything looked immaculate but today we saw that the rear glass gasket looked odd and you could see into the trunk on the left side. Can anyone confirm if this is normal? I've attached some pictures of both sides and you can see how the left side seal looks like its cut. My wife insists that it wasnt like that when we picked up but i find it unlikely someone has come along with a surgical scalpel and cut it...

Other than that we love it! Its worth the wait.

Attachments

• PXL_20210823_013131634.jpg
    PXL_20210823_013131634.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20210823_013136703.jpg
    PXL_20210823_013136703.jpg
    474.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PXL_20210823_013151271.jpg
    PXL_20210823_013151271.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 63
  • PXL_20210823_013156408.jpg
    PXL_20210823_013156408.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 77
Took delivery on Saturday and everything looked immaculate but today we saw that the rear glass gasket looked odd and you could see into the trunk on the left side. Can anyone confirm if this is normal? I've attached some pictures of both sides and you can see how the left side seal looks like its cut. My wife insists that it wasnt like that when we picked up but i find it unlikely someone has come along with a surgical scalpel and cut it...

Other than that we love it! Its worth the wait.
Mine is the exact same. Another thread says it's normal but my service appointment is Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20210804_174143.jpg
    20210804_174143.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 65
Thanks, it sure seems odd, I wonder why there is no sealing in that area. Good to know that it seems like a normal thing - I am interested to hear what they say at tesla during your service appointment

Do you know where that other thread is?
Cancel your appointments lol the service center will probably laugh at you nicely😀. Every 2021 Model 3 that has been produced with the powered trunk since October 2020 does not have a gasket there. You will find countless threads and countless YouTube videos where this has been discussed at length. It is because the power trunk mechanism is large and they can’t fit the gasket in there. That’s why the other side has a gasket because there is no powered trunk mechanism on that side.

Cancel your appointments lol the service center will probably laugh at you nicely😀. Every 2021 Model 3 that has been produced with the powered trunk since October 2020 does not have a gasket there. You will find countless threads and countless YouTube videos where this has been discussed at length. It is because the power trunk mechanism is large and they can’t fit the gasket in there. That’s why the other side has a gasket because there is no powered trunk mechanism on that side.
Haha well in that case it looks like we've struck out finding a flaw in our car!

Forgot to post a photo! Here she is at our first pitstop after picking up!

IMG_20210822_192520_769~2.jpg