Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered one of the inventory cars thanks to discord, the vin says it's made in US when you look it up I'm not sure why less range, hopefully just an update or typo but I got a vin so not complaining too much
Edit: just read that email, so the new batteries are the cause of it but I'm not sure I mind still.

Last edited:
On check out, it says the inventory is located in Phoenix, wow. Should I just pick it up or wait til October 17- Nov 17 for my EDD? I'm wondering if the original order with 263 mile range is the LFP battery or not. If it is, then I'd like to wait. But if it's not, why wouldn't I just reserve the one that's for sale in my city right now? What's your take on losing 10 miles in range?
If you expect to use superchargers it seems like charging rate is slower. If you charge at home then it's not going to be different. Size you live in Arizona the likelihood that you'd have to deal with freezing problems is small.

If you expect to use superchargers it seems like charging rate is slower. If you charge at home then it's not going to be different. Size you live in Arizona the likelihood that you'd have to deal with freezing problems is small.
Look at bjorns charge curve. Mic showing better than 2021 Fremont charging. Worse than 2020 Fremont. Peak lower but it's the integral that counts.

Bjorn's outlook on the LFP battery variant and the general consensus in the comments look pretty good for LFP batteries.

I haven't done any actual data logging and measurements with my SR+ (Fremont) on the 0-60 times at different SoC but purely from a driver's POV, I feel a noticeable increase from 80% 0-60 vs 50% 0-60 times.

Look at bjorns charge curve. Mic showing better than 2021 Fremont charging. Worse than 2020 Fremont. Peak lower but it's the integral that counts.
I was very disappointed w/ the '21 SR+ charging curves compared to the previous '20 SR+.

For all those who want the comparison source: '21 SR+ vs '20 SR+ charging rates

Lots of good info compiled in that article. Suggest everyone take a quick peak at some of the charts.

ordered 7/17 and I never got said email, must mean I'm next up!
I didn't get an email either. ordered July 15. However I do live in Canada in one of the more north cities where it gets very cold. maybe that's the reason? In any case I hope we get our cars soon. feel like some folks have been given the opportunity to jump the line where we didn't get the choice.

I ordered early August and got the email. Had a Blue/White, no FSD and standard 18's. I found a Red/Black, no FSD and 18's at my location in Rocklin, CA, and just put the 250 down. Happy to finally be able to get my car now!

Edit: My EDD on the old Blue one was late October- early November but I'm driving a gas guzzling old-school MB right now in interim and I'm literally losing $400-$500 just on gas per month with how much I drive so I needed the car ASAP. Not really sure whether this is possible, but if I back out of my old order, is there anyway anyone else could take it? I'd be happy knowing someone else here got it.

Kind of a mess, but there seems to be a lot of cars available now. My original order was a red/white due 9/27 - 9/30, then today an opportunity came up to buy the same car in Scottsdale AZ that is in inventory. Then a few minutes later another opportunity came up to order the same config again in Los Angeles where I actually live, so I jumped on that as well. My SA texted me and told me not to order any more cars. The third one I ordered isn’t showing up on my account web page, perhaps because there is a 2-car limit. At any rate my SA is out today and says she will call me tomorrow to try to get things cleaned up….

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: asquared17
Kind of a mess, but there seems to be a lot of cars available now. My original order was a red/white due 9/27 - 9/30, then today an opportunity came up to buy the same car in Scottsdale AZ that is in inventory. Then a few minutes another opportunity came up to order the same config again in Los Angeles where I actually live, so I jumped on that as well. My SA texted me and told me not to order any more cars. The third one I ordered isn’t showing up on my account web page, perhaps because there is a 2-car limit. At any rate my SA is out today and says she will call me tomorrow to try to get things cleaned u….
Don't listen to your SA just keep buying bro!!! :)

Bjorn's outlook on the LFP battery variant and the general consensus in the comments look pretty good for LFP batteries.

I haven't done any actual data logging and measurements with my SR+ (Fremont) on the 0-60 times at different SoC but purely from a driver's POV, I feel a noticeable increase from 80% 0-60 vs 50% 0-60 times.
The only problem I have with Bjorn's testing of the MIC Model 3 is that he did it during warm temperatures. My main concern is winter. Usually he is the go to for winter testing but obviously he doesn't live in Antarctica so he can only test in the winter for some of the year.

Reactions: Baytomax