Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I just got a VIN after just changing my order not even 24 hours ago and I can't take delivery for at least a few weeks. I reached out to Tesla, but could only leave a voicemail. On my account, the only option I have is "Proceed with Delivery." I'm afraid to click it because I'm not sure what will happen next. I'm super excited a car became available at lightning speed, but when I changed the order delivery estimate was December. So, you can see why I'm not quite prepared. Is it possible to delay delivery of this car a couple of weeks or do I refuse and they'll offer the next one to me?? Thanks for the help!

Pretty sure if you see one with FSD, you can ask them to remove it. Its only software. Not 100%, but its worth a shot
100% can be removed. Don't let FSD prevent you from getting an existing inventory NEW/DEMO vehicle. After placing the order, you can remove it from the Tesla site as well (just as easily as one can add it prior to delivery). You can also call in to Tesla and have it removed (after placing the order). Time is of the essence for Existing Inventory - so be prepared accordingly.

What does the Agreement Review becomes available? My delivery appt. is tomorrow but the Agreement Review is still greyed out.
What does the Agreement Review becomes available? My delivery appt. is tomorrow but the Agreement Review is still greyed out.
A few minutes after they drop off the car. I took delivery yesterday and that’s how it played out for me.

I think the only way to ensure you get an LFP at this point is to buy one from existing inventory. And the best way to do that is to get on the Discord where all the new inventory cars are being posted. Set up notifications for your state (and maybe surrounding states), and act quickly on the car you want.

ABRP is great, and was a big help for me too when I was deciding whether an SR+ would have enough range for me. And for what it's worth, I did my first 114 mile round-trip commute in my SR+ LFP yesterday. With all the talk about how you should only expect to get 80% of the EPA range, the fact is that my trip to work (which is net downhill) I got 102% of the listed range, and on my way home (which is net uphill) I got 97% of the listed range. I left home with a full charge showing 254 miles, and 57 miles later the car still showed 199 miles of range left. That was mostly doing 60-75 MPH on the freeway. To be fair, I was in Chill mode and the weather was perfect. But I did have the HVAC running some, it showed me that if you drive the car conservatively you can get the advertised range, or even a bit more. Eliminated any range anxiety I may have had.
Be cautious using mile range instead of battery percentage. The mile range will drop like a rock as you battery discharges to lower capacity.

Eh, it's like $62 of electricity. Not exactly a huge loss, but free is free I guess.

You would think Tesla would offer an easier solution to finding out if you have an LFP battery pack or not. It would be quite bad if you went by the sticker mileage and have been charging your car to 100% every day since you got it to only realize you have an NCA pack... 🥵
I took mine to the service center and asked them what battery I had. They went to their computer, came back and set it to 100% (LFP). I asked if they could give me a print out stating the type of battery I had and they said they couldnt do that. I asked if they could take a picture of the screen and again the answer was "No". Whats so secretive about the type of battery!!!! Wish Tesla would come out with a definitive answer.

I took mine to the service center and asked them what battery I had. They went to their computer, came back and set it to 100% (LFP). I asked if they could give me a print out stating the type of battery I had and they said they couldnt do that. I asked if they could take a picture of the screen and again the answer was "No". Whats so secretive about the type of battery!!!! Wish Tesla would come out with a definitive answer.
Did you buy existing inventory or regular custom order?

Reactions: GeoG
Congrats! I did a bunch of playing around with "A Better Route Planner" online, entering various trips and driving conditions, then selecting the SR+ LFP, SR+ NCA, and LR model 3's to see how it impacted the total trip time. For the very few trips I'm likely to make in the car, there wasn't enough time difference to make it worth the expense to me. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend spending some time with "A Better Route Planner" to see how much difference the LR will make in your case.
It does depend on the road trip, distance and supercharger locations to determine the road trip time. A trip from NJ to Florida with a SR+ that I calculated with ABRP estimated 11 super charger stops and 3 1/2 hour hours charging. The LR same trip was 6 stops and 1 1/2 hours charging. The issue with the SR on this trip was slower charging and some of the stops were only after 100 miles of driving between super chargers because the SR did not have the range to skip some of the chargers and stop at the next one.