Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had an order since May for a color MSM. Has anyone been assigned a VIN lately for this color?

My estimated delivery currently says Oct 23 - Nov 5. Will probably change tomorrow if no VIN is assigned today.
My MSM w/ black interior and aero wheels ordered on 9/9 has a VIN and EDD of 10/31-11/6. Really weird how I will get my car in about 7 weeks to the southeast and you are in CA and still don’t have it. I talked to the Tesla store yesterday and they expect it to arrive 11/2 with it being on rail to Alabama yesterday.

My EDD was initially Dec 19-Jan 5, then moved to Feb-Mar. No change this morning. I ordered at the end of August. SR+, Silver/White, 18".

I peeked at existing inventory, but they all have FSD. This makes perfect sense for Tesla, but I don't want/need FSD.
How bizarre. I ordered 9/22, MSM/White (I'm assuming that's what you mean by silver) and my EDD immediately was Nov 22- Dec 22.

Hasn't moved at all since then.

Crazy EDD game we have to play (this is my 2nd rodeo with EDDs).

I'm in the Bay Area CA. so not sure if they are trying to fit me in for EOQ.

8A3079C0-D36B-4C34-9935-56E35A23162F.jpeg

It’s here! No issues with deliver, they were extremely busy and person I worked with was very new, but otherwise great. Only quality issue is that once of the interior trim pieces looks a little crooked but that’s it.

Also, datapoint on LFP batteries. My VIN has an E for the 7th digit and is an LFP, so doesn’t seem like you can tell battery type by VIN anymore.

Reactions: zzlark
View attachment 724826
It’s here! No issues with deliver, they were extremely busy and person I worked with was very new, but otherwise great. Only quality issue is that once of the interior trim pieces looks a little crooked but that’s it.

Also, datapoint on LFP batteries. My VIN has an E for the 7th digit and is an LFP, so doesn’t seem like you can tell battery type by VIN anymore.
Did you pick an LFP car from inventory or did you order a car through the normal process and get an LFP?

Got my VIN today! Some updates/things I’ve learned along the way to help others here:

OD: 8/3
Original EDD: early October. Was pushed back twice every time I reached day 2 of the EDD window, which I now know was because I’d didn’t complete my profile. I had cash per the SA for the longest time, then had her switch it so I could look at financing, but never actually applied as I didn’t want a hard pull super early on before I thought I was getting my VIN. Stupid me. This time I hit my window, it got pushed back but way shorter, from 4 weeks to 2 weeks. And got my VIN a few days prior to the beginning of the window. So complete your profile!

Rate matching: they are no longer doing. Was told Tesla only likes to do this EOQ. Spoke with multiple SAs. Very unfortunate.

External financing. Best I’ve found so far was DCU. 1.99 then a .5discount with direct deposit and .25 due to EV. 65months. So far everything has been smooth. You DONT need a referral, just donate $10. You must set up external financing for the exact amount, and send that form to DCU. Their name needs to be on it. Waiting to hear back from them on Monday. Tesla only requires a picture of payment and tracking number of the check from the bank to accept delivery. Hoping by Monday I’ll have everything wrapped up with DCU.

Delivery: latest I could set it was Thursday - but they told me it was still in Fremont. And when it reaches LA I’ll solidify a more solid date. Need to pick up within 72hours of it arriving in LA.

Hope this info helps!

Reactions: BnGrm
Got my VIN today! Some updates/things I’ve learned along the way to help others here:

Original EDD: early October. Was pushed back twice every time I reached day 2 of the EDD window, which I now know was because I’d didn’t complete my profile. I had cash per the SA for the longest time, then had her switch it so I could look at financing, but never actually applied as I didn’t want a hard pull super early on before I thought I was getting my VIN. Stupid me. This time I hit my window, it got pushed back but way shorter, from 4 weeks to 2 weeks. And got my VIN a few days prior to the beginning of the window. So complete your profile!

Rate matching: they are no longer doing. Was told Tesla only likes to do this EOQ. Spoke with multiple SAs. Very unfortunate.

External financing. Best I’ve found so far was DCU. 1.99 then a .5discount with direct deposit and .25 due to EV. 65months. So far everything has been smooth. You DONT need a referral, just donate $10. You must set up external financing for the exact amount, and send that form to DCU. Their name needs to be on it. Waiting to hear back from them on Monday. Tesla only requires a picture of payment and tracking number of the check from the bank to accept delivery. Hoping by Monday I’ll have everything wrapped up with DCU.

Delivery: latest I could set it was Thursday - but they told me it was still in Fremont. And when it reaches LA I’ll solidify a more solid date. Need to pick up within 72hours of it arriving in LA.

Hope this info helps!
Did you receive a call to schedule your delivery appointment the same day you received your VIN?

Just received my VIN today (about 4-5 hours ago). Not sure when I should be expecting a call as my estimated delivery has gone from Oct 23 - Nov 5 to now Oct 27 - Oct 30. This changed once I had a VIN in my manage dashboard today.

Hope this info helps!
So I placed my order on 8/12. And my EDD is now the end of Jan. My profile is done and ready for financing. Since I'm on the east coast. Can that effect the delivery date? My EDD use to be end of Oct.

Finally!!!!! Got my vin! order date 07/10 got up half asleep saw “complete your insurance” in my emails, just uploaded documents. So extremely excited. I got the SR+ in MNM for those of us that were waiting for this color spec, i think they’re rollin them out. I’m gonna miss this forum. On cloud 9
Congratulations! Mine got pushed back to 11/13 - 12/4.

Reactions: SPCCAR0922
Existing inventory. Honestly don’t remember what the range was listed on the order page because I jumped to order it so quickly 😬
Thanks! I was prepared to pay the $2k increase to get an LFP car from inventory, but now that its a $4k increase, the proposition isn't quite as enticing....seems like if I was willing to do that, I might as well just pony up for the LR....looks like I'll be holding out for my ordered delivery and see what I get.

Reactions: cfbackrow