Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to post another update that after just under 3 months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my car earlier this afternoon. WOW I’m so in love! These past few months I would always see Teslas driving around me wherever I go not really feeling anything, because I knew I didn’t have my car yet and felt like I got used to seeing them around. But when I saw mine waiting for me as I walked to Check In I couldn’t stop smiling as if it was my first time seeing one. It’s a different feeling knowing it’s yours and that the wait is over.

I picked up @ the Irvine Service Center, however when I first ordered the car I had originally selected Costa Mesa. I do still believe their location change played a role in my wait time as well as those awaiting theirs. I can also confirm that I received an NCA battery as it reads 263mi and I can set limits to “Day” and “Trip.” I’ve only put in around 40 miles so far but I can’t wait to keep breaking her in!

I can’t wait to see everyone get theirs and am hopeful for a fast delivery!!! Keep your patience and push thru!!!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to post another update that after just under 3 months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my car earlier this afternoon. WOW I’m so in love! These past few months I would always see Teslas driving around me wherever I go not really feeling anything, because I knew I didn’t have my car yet and felt like I got used to seeing them around. But when I saw mine waiting for me as I walked to Check In I couldn’t stop smiling as if it was my first time seeing one. It’s a different feeling knowing it’s yours and that the wait is over.

I picked up @ the Irvine Service Center, however when I first ordered the car I had originally selected Costa Mesa. I do still believe their location change played a role in my wait time as well as those awaiting theirs. I can also confirm that I received an NCA battery as it reads 263mi and I can set limits to “Day” and “Trip.” I’ve only put in around 40 miles so far but I can’t wait to keep breaking her in!

I can’t wait to see everyone get theirs and am hopeful for a fast delivery!!! Keep your patience and push thru!!!
Now it's time to accessorize the car and protect the car. Start with car mat and screen protector. There are so many videos on what accessories to get. One thing for sure though, if you don't get PPF, the car will experience many love kisses from pesky pebbles on the road. Tesla's paint isn't exactly top notch.

Reactions: fpskeli
Now it's time to accessorize the car and protect the car. Start with car mat and screen protector. There are so many videos on what accessories to get. One thing for sure though, if you don't get PPF, the car will experience many love kisses from pesky pebbles on the road. Tesla's paint isn't exactly top notch.
Thank you for the tips!! I snatched a few essentials while waiting for delivery (floor mats, screen protector, console organizer, cleaners) and I’m glad because it’s always better early than late! I’m excited to start throwing in the cuter, more random but useful accessories, but am soon going to schedule a tint + ppf! I’m so excited :)

Reactions: SMIERTC and hlin07
I've been experiencing some pretty wild swings in my EDD. My most recent EDD update was January 27th - February 24th. That lasted about a week, then I got a bounce back to November 16th - November 30th this morning when I woke up. The January - February date lasted about a week December change. I'm kind of happy honestly, but I wish that the system were more accurate so it would allow me to budget my funds more accurately.

Weird thing is that the same day that I got an update on my M3SR+ this much closer, I got a delivery update on my Starlink saying that it would be shipped out around the same date. I know it has to be complete coincidence because it is a different company entirely, but I thought it was strange regardless.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior - Full Self Driving.
Just noticed my EDD yesterday moved from Feb 9-March 9 to Jan 27-Feb 24. After watching The Bearded Tesla Guy's video about the tax credit breakdown, I'm wondering if it's going to continue creeping forward as people cancel to wait for 2022.

In my case, my current car is going off to GMTV probably sometime this coming week, and then I'll have 60 days to use that for a sales tax credit. My dilemma is....if I can take delivery of my M3 SR+ within 60 days of selling my MME, I will for sure avoid sales tax (~$2800) since I'm getting $54k for my MME, which means I would almost definitely have to get it sometime before Dec 31. But, if Congress gets its act in order and passes the bill, and then I end up getting it in 2022, I would have to pay the sales tax but get the credit, so I would net ~$5200. Obviously that's the better option, but it's a crapshoot, and it's all out of my hands anyway since it's a function of both Tesla's delivery schedule and Congress. Not great odds for expediency for either party....and soooo frustrating!

Who knows though, maybe it'll work out that I'll sell my car, get the Tesla within 60 days, *and* have the tax credit retroactively applied once Congress gets everything sorted. I ordered at the beginning of July, so I locked in at $4k below what it would cost me now. Not sure my luck is that good, but all I can do is sit back and keep waiting.

Hi All,

Below is my status.

OD :: 09/24/2021
EDD :: 11/12 to 11/16

When I ordered delivery was showing march-22 and it moved till JAN and today morning I got VIN number. I am looking for EV tax credit. How shall I proceed now ?
It's a bit of a gamble. If Congress passes the new tax credit law, will it only apply to cars bought Jan 1 2022 and after, or apply to purchases made in 2021? That's the question and the bet you have to make now. Does Tesla allow you to delay delivery for any period of time, to at least wait a few weeks and see what happens? Or is it, here's your VIN, delivery has to between within X number of days after it arrives at the store or until it is delivered to your home?

Here is mine

Model: M3 SR+, White/Black/Aero
Ordered: 9/07
EDD changes: no date->March->no date->January 21-Feb 10 for the last 3 weeks.
Unfortunately we Canadians are the last ones to get our car looks like. Ppl with ODD 24th Sept has EDD for Nov and most dont even want it now because of the ev credit.. Its really frustating how Tesla does it. I hope they ship SR+ to Canada along with LR M3 that are scheduled for December or something..

Unfortunately we Canadians are the last ones to get our car looks like. Ppl with ODD 24th Sept has EDD for Nov and most dont even want it now because of the ev credit.. Its really frustating how Tesla does it. I hope they ship SR+ to Canada along with LR M3 that are scheduled for December or something..
Yep. Canada is last in line... Hope it don't get delayed but advanced.

Good news Montréal! August deliveries starting ! I saw on the spreadsheet 2 others from MTL ordered the same day and have around same delivery date! (Exact same model)

Model: M3SR3+ White/Black seats
Ordered 8/8
Original EDD: 21 oct - 04 nov
EDD 2: 27 oct - 17 nov
EDD 3: 31 oct - 14 nov
EDD4: 4 nov - 10 nov
Delivery date nov 6th

Reactions: amit_gunner
Hi , I had ordered M3 SR+ with no option and receive VIN today. 5YJ*E1EA*MF*****. Its 2021 model.

OD : 09/25/2021
Delivery scheduled : Nov12-Nov16

I have two question.

1) I am looking for ev tax credit , So if I decline delivery , How many months i can postpone ? how does it work basically ?
2) If i decline delivery, Will i be liable to pay new price?
3) If i want 2022 model, What shall i do , I don't want to miss EV tax credit & new year model.

Please suggest me here. I am new to this thread and I need your help guys.

Hi , I had ordered M3 SR+ with no option and receive VIN today. 5YJ*E1EA*MF*****. Its 2021 model.

OD : 09/25/2021
Delivery scheduled : Nov12-Nov16

I have two question.

1) I am looking for ev tax credit , So if I decline delivery , How many months i can postpone ? how does it work basically ?
2) If i decline delivery, Will i be liable to pay new price?
3) If i want 2022 model, What shall i do , I don't want to miss EV tax credit & new year model.

Please suggest me here. I am new to this thread and I need your help guys.
2) I'm 99% confident, yes.