Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it absolutely unbelievable that a "Tech company" that can shoot a rocket into earth orbit and re land the launch module, can't tell me an actual date for delivery of my $80,000 car. Won't fit roof racks until after I take delivery. a ten day delivery window. entered that today the 20th November, still no #$%#$ word.
Am beyond frustrated.
Everyone knows it's easier to shoot a rocket into orbit and launch the booster, than it is to deliver a car. Supply chain issues! No supply chain issues for rockets.

Ok, I just noticed the OP is in Australia, so his car is coming from China. The issue for MIC Teslas is that the Chinese use a mix of Gregorian and lunar calendars, which causes all sorts of confusion when it comes to delivery dates in the West.

Reactions: vsg055
All that extra weight from the LFP battery really hurts stop/go city driving since more energy is required to get a heavier car moving. Once you're at constant speeds it doesn't much matter as aero losses take over - hence the same highway rating as 2021 model.

You're going to pay for that loss in efficiency and slower acceleration for the entire life of the car. Even if you never charge to 100% and don't need the extra capacity or longevity of the LFP battery. Wish they would have honored NCA orders for people who ordered before the switch.

Ordered September 4th w/ eta January 2022
September 5, etd now October 23- November 12
Sept 19 - date disappeared
September 26 - date finally reappeared as December 22 - January 11
On October 14 changed to Nov 21- Dec 19
On October 17 changed to Dec 13- Dec 31
On October 28 changed to Nov 20- Dec 18
On October 29 changed to Dec 17-31
On October 30 changed to Jan 28-Feb 25
On October 31 changed to Dec 18-Dec 31
On November 1 changed to Dec 4-Dec 31
On November 18 changed to Nov 20- Dec 15
On November 19 changed to Nov 21 - Dec 5
It getting there!

Reactions: MJ1954 and getimti
That's not correct.

I feel like during one of his videos he also suggested that it could have been a software difference as well that could be a contributing factor. it’s going to take some time to actually see if there’s a true difference. Is it the packs. Or is it the software playing games.

My EDD went to September this morning. Ordered M3 SR+ 9/21: white/black/aero. Until now EDD had stayed steady at 12/18-01/07 since ordering. Not sure if this is just a glitch or they really expect me to wait a year to get a car
EDD still September - is anyone else still seeing this too? People who got a VIN recently, did you see this before yours was assigned?

Got a couple of frustrating, non-committal texts from my SA (Not even sure they are my SA, they're the person that booked the test drive for me)

Just so you all know. Tesla monitor this forum for negative reviews. I have been penalised for daring to question their delivery schedule.
now I am be told that my wait time has been extended by 10 days.

While there are in fact sometimes tesla employees that read TMC, that doesnt happen. They also have no input on where posts go, if they are moved etc.

If someone was actually going to"change a delivery date" because of a post, they would first have to know who you actually are based on your user name, and if someone was that annoyed, they would absolutely move it more than 10 days.

TlL ; DR -- No you didnt.

I've been experiencing some pretty wild swings in my EDD. My most recent EDD update was January 27th - February 24th. That lasted about a week, then I got a bounce back to November 16th - November 30th this morning when I woke up. The January - February date lasted about a week December change. I'm kind of happy honestly, but I wish that the system were more accurate so it would allow me to budget my funds more accurately.

Weird thing is that the same day that I got an update on my M3SR+ this much closer, I got a delivery update on my Starlink saying that it would be shipped out around the same date. I know it has to be complete coincidence because it is a different company entirely, but I thought it was strange regardless.

Ordered 9/14:
EDD December 2021
EDD Update February - March
EDD Update March 5th - April 2nd
EDD Update February 17th - March 17th
EDD Update January 26th - February 23rd
EDD Update December 16th - December 31st
EDD Update January 27 - February 24th.
EDD Update November 16th - November 30th.

Got SR+ Blue with Black interior - Full Self Driving.
Did you get the car?