Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on 9/8 with an estimated delivery of January. Late November, I got the notice about vision (no radar) and the slower 5.8 sec 0-60 notice.

I clicked OK, then one day later got a VIN. I simply called Tesla and asked to put on a 30 day hold.

The delivery was scheduled for 12/2, so the 30 day hold is for 1/1. I don't anticipate any pushback from Tesla at this point.

I ordered on 9/8 with an estimated delivery of January. Late November, I got the notice about vision (no radar) and the slower 5.8 sec 0-60 notice.

I clicked OK, then one day later got a VIN. I simply called Tesla and asked to put on a 30 day hold.

The delivery was scheduled for 12/2, so the 30 day hold is for 1/1. I don't anticipate any pushback from Tesla at this point.
Did you talk to sales or the delivery when calling?

Just called them to place another hold. Was told
Whoever answered at Tesla. 888 518.3852
interesting. I just got off the phone. Was told she can submit a hold but it could lead to a auto cancel. So I told her to hold off on that. I mentioned the agreement saying I have 30 days to accept delivery but they didn’t seem to care. Not sure what to do. Maybe go to the local store?

For folks putting orders on hold until 1/1, go watch The Bearded Tesla Guy's latest most recent vid about BBB.

TL;DW The law, if passed as is, will only go into effect at the time of signing. Manchin et al may push this at least a couple of weeks into Jan, meaning taking delivery on or about 1/1 wouldn't do you much good for a renewed tax credit.

I think this is an important point of consideration. If you're holding on to an order that locked in at a lower price than they are now, you may not want to risk delaying too long and having Tesla cancel the order. Reordering will reset your MSRP to current pricing.

I read the text that passed the house, and it said "after 12/31/2021." Earlier versions had the date after 12/31 or the passage of the bill, but that's not in the current version. Of course, the Senate could add that back in.

I read the text that passed the house, and it said "after 12/31/2021." Earlier versions had the date after 12/31 or the passage of the bill, but that's not in the current version. Of course, the Senate could add that back in.
This what I thought. The credit is based on the tax year so making it retroactive if passed in 2022 wouldn't be a big deal. You wouldn't file the return until 2023

EDD just reappeared this morning and is now Dec 01 - Dec 29.
Update: On Dec 01, EDD changed to Dec 04- Dec 16. On Dec 4th, still shows the same EDD window, no VIN (I thought it would get pushed out again since I entered it).

Does Tesla not do VIN assignment/updates over weekends?

Details: White/Black/Aero, no FSD, ordered 9/21, location Silicon Valley

Last edited:
When I took my car I did a careful check and didn’t find anything. But a week after delivery, I found the coolant cap was missing and later I found the cap was placed not far from the tube. Someone just forgot to put it on. And a yellow cap wasn’t closed either. Is coolant filled in the delivery site or is it filled in the California factory?

Update: On Dec 01, EDD changed to Dec 04- Dec 16. On Dec 4th, still shows the same EDD window, no VIN (I thought it would get pushed out again since I entered it).

Does Tesla not do VIN assignment/updates over weekends?

Details: White/Black/Aero, no FSD, ordered 9/21, location Silicon Valley
Almost back to square one, EDD is now Dec 9 - Dec 31. Genuinely curious how it’s so difficult to manage logistics and estimate deliveries. At this point the edd is meaningless to me, they will schedule delivery when they schedule delivery 😌

M3 RWD/SR+ ordered 9/14, initial EDD February 2022.
EDD fluctuated between 10/28/21 and 3/14/22, mostly centered on late November 21.
VIN assigned 11/20.
Delivery schedule options sent 11/24.
Update: Scheduled delivery for 12/3,
Accepted delivery at Tesla Richmond 12/3
Everything looks good and works well - everything is awesome!

Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)
Location: Silicon Valley about 30 minutes from the Fremont, CA factory
Website estimate when I ordered: EDD June 2022
After placing order and completing profile online: EDD April 2022
October 9 update: EDD Dec 18 - Dec 31
Mid October update: EDD Dec 23 - Dec 31
Nov 18 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 31
Dec 5 update: EDD Dec 7 - Dec 19

No VIN assigned yet, but hopefully coming soon.

Ordered 10/3/2021
M3 SR+ White exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/No FSD (price was $39,990 at the time)

Sounds like we’ll get the VIN and delivery at very similar times because we have the same config, location and ordered around the same time.

I’m also <30 minutes from the Fremont delivery location but I’ve seen a few recent deliveries in the area getting converted to home deliveries instead of pickup (as was originally indicated at the time of ordering) - any insights on this?

Sounds like we’ll get the VIN and delivery at very similar times because we have the same config, location and ordered around the same time.

I’m also <30 minutes from the Fremont delivery location but I’ve seen a few recent deliveries in the area getting converted to home deliveries instead of pickup (as was originally indicated at the time of ordering) - any insights on this?
The SA I spoke to in-person at the Sunnyvale location when I ordered the car told me I would be getting a home delivery. To be honest, I think I would rather pick up from a delivery center. I'm not sure if this is something I can request once I have a VIN assigned, but I will try.

Ordered 10/3/2021

Very interesting. I placed my order on October 4, 2021: the exact same configuration as you (except with 19-inch wheels). My EDD has been stuck between Feb, 09-March, 09 for what seems like eternity! NYC resident.