Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you completed everything in the account? Before I went on hold, my SA was hounding me to finish the trade-in portion. I had received a quote but not accepted it. He said it would severely delay getting a VIN if everything is not completely filled out.
Yeah I’ve done everything including securing financing through Tesla’s preferred lenders. I’m sure I’ll get a VIN soon. Likely already would have if I would have gone with white instead of red.

Do you guys know what to do if my ordered tesla is my first car ever, and i do not have any form of auto insurance yet.
Completed every other sections but submit proof of insurance and review section
When you get VIN, shop around for insurance and when ready, you can submit your proof of insurance.
I'm also at this stage but being in QC, all insurance company asks for the VIN to issue a proof.

Enjoy the long wait, buy your accessories, and keep checking your Tesla app for EDD updates 20 times a day. 😂

Do you guys know what to do if my ordered tesla is my first car ever, and i do not have any form of auto insurance yet.
Completed every other sections but submit proof of insurance and review section
In BC all you got to do is contact your SA and let them know you will be bringing insurance papers with you. I contact ICBC and got them to give me a roughy quote for insurance on the car.

When I log into my Tesla account it shows my model 3 is on hold until 6/1/22. I just received an email saying my order would be canceled and my deposit forfeited if I don’t hit the “I’m ready” button by December 9th. I sure hope the email was in error!
I read an article that Tesla were starting to do this if you'd gone beyond the 30 day limit stipulated in the purchase agreement... How long has it been on hold for?

Well, it’s finally here. Like others say, it’s worth the wait. Everything went smooth. Showed me to my car, signed some paper work, handed over my check and that was it. My car was on the ramp ready to go. Here in San Juan is a service center, not really a dealership. My inspection went well. I couldn’t find anything wrong. I was worried my wireless phone charger would not work. I read stories here that they don’t work or there was no usb c ports because of the chip shortage. But no, all was working well. The 2 hour drive back was great. Felt like a 40 minute ride. The suspension on the 3 is really good. This baby has great instant acceleration when you punch it. Very happy with my purchase. Have an appointment for Tuesday for tints. I hope you all get your cars soon. Just don’t think about it. I gave up after 2 weeks of checking everyday. I estimated a 3 month wait and I was very close. It was a nice surprise when they call you and tell you your car has arrived. God bless. Safe driving.

Attachments

• 78A5B734-F15F-4434-B858-36294FEC1352.jpeg
    78A5B734-F15F-4434-B858-36294FEC1352.jpeg
    610.3 KB · Views: 97
  • 0E272662-D2C9-4DF4-B458-3EAE301F0962.jpeg
    0E272662-D2C9-4DF4-B458-3EAE301F0962.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 8A4464A5-AAD8-4898-93C6-108988B47DEA.jpeg
    8A4464A5-AAD8-4898-93C6-108988B47DEA.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 77
  • E7E04B76-DD96-4A91-93F0-A88517CCBF2F.jpeg
    E7E04B76-DD96-4A91-93F0-A88517CCBF2F.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 796F6082-6461-4839-89EC-86B892CC2C21.jpeg
    796F6082-6461-4839-89EC-86B892CC2C21.jpeg
    724.2 KB · Views: 67
Well, it’s finally here. Like others say, it’s worth the wait. Everything went smooth. Showed me to my car, signed some paper work, handed over my check and that was it. My car was on the ramp ready to go. Here in San Juan is a service center, not really a dealership. My inspection went well. I couldn’t find anything wrong. I was worried my wireless phone charger would not work. I read stories here that they don’t work or there was no usb c ports because of the chip shortage. But no, all was working well. The 2 hour drive back was great. Felt like a 40 minute ride. The suspension on the 3 is really good. This baby has great instant acceleration when you punch it. Very happy with my purchase. Have an appointment for Tuesday for tints. I hope you all get your cars soon. Just don’t think about it. I gave up after 2 weeks of checking everyday. I estimated a 3 month wait and I was very close. It was a nice surprise when they call you and tell you your car has arrived. God bless. Safe driving.
I might missed your previous post, when did you ordered this M3?

Update - Scheduled Delivery Finally!!!

Model: M3 SR+, DBM/Black/Aero
Placed order on 9/13/21
EDD Previous - All over the place (Nov '21 to June '22)
EDD as of 11/7: 12/11-12/31
EDD as of 11/18: 11/22-12/20
EDD as of 11/19: 11/21-12/2
Vin: 11/24 Delivery Scheduled for 11/28
Received delivery on 11/28. I love it so far and am always trying to find an excuse to drive somewhere.
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG

I had until Dec 2nd to click I’m ready. Weirdly enough,I never hit ready. The website did it for me itself on Nov 30th. And just this morning I got my VIN. It says delivery within the next week. Tesla told me; take order or it’ll be canceled.

• Informative
Reactions: alset3000
I had until Dec 2nd to click I’m ready. Weirdly enough,I never hit ready. The website did it for me itself on Nov 30th. And just this morning I got my VIN. It says delivery within the next week. Tesla told me; take order or it’ll be canceled
Did you get the dreaded ultimatum email from Tesla after your order had been on hold for 90 days? I ordered back in September and have had my order on hold since November. I'm wondering if I'm going to get the same email once my order hits 90 days old Tomorrow. Best of luck getting delivery pushed until January!

Did you get the dreaded ultimatum email from Tesla after your order had been on hold for 90 days? I ordered back in September and have had my order on hold since November. I'm wondering if I'm going to get the same email once my order hits 90 days old Tomorrow. Best of luck getting delivery pushed until January!
No I never got the ultimatum email from them. I placed my order in August. Didn’t ask for a hold until mid September. And thank you. I’ll keep you guys updated