Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 SR+ MSM exterior/Black interior/18" Wheels/ with FSD

I placed my order 10/8, and the EDD has jumped back and forth between Jan and March. Since sometime in November, my EDD has been Dec 7-31st. It's almost Dec 7, so I'm expecting an updated EDD real soon.

Reactions: treebank
I have a M3 RWD on order, I was curious if the order is delivered before the 31st could I delay it, the tesla store employee said that you can now hold an order for 3 days not 30. So not 30 days?
Well, this is odd! Typically this 30 days is for you to shop around for auto loan. 3 days might not be practical. You can ask back to confirm with Tesla associate should it be 3 hours.

For folks putting orders on hold until 1/1, go watch The Bearded Tesla Guy's latest most recent vid about BBB.

TL;DW The law, if passed as is, will only go into effect at the time of signing. Manchin et al may push this at least a couple of weeks into Jan, meaning taking delivery on or about 1/1 wouldn't do you much good for a renewed tax credit.

I think this is an important point of consideration. If you're holding on to an order that locked in at a lower price than they are now, you may not want to risk delaying too long and having Tesla cancel the order. Reordering will reset your MSRP to current pricing.
Good point! Unless you can hold the delivery for 90 days or longer without jeopardizing your original order price, otherwise, with current Tesla delivery policy, chance is almost not exiting for the BBB to be signed as a law before 12/31.

I’m getting sorta concerned, but I’ve never been through this process before so what do I know…

I ordered in the beginning of August (EDD Dec 19-31) and I still haven’t received a VIN yet . From sources it can take hours, days or even weeks and going through this forum I see others have ordered after I have (same model close to same area) and have gotten VINs. We are pushing 4 months and all I can’t get any info from customer service. Should I be concerned at all?
Update: looks this morning and now my EDD is Feb 7 - Mar 7. I hope that’s not the case and changes back.

I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but is there a way to determine if the car will have the LFA or NCA? I had to agree to the vision and slower acceleration statements, so I assume mine will have the LFA, but is there somewhere that is indicated based on the VIN or whatever? Or is that at this point, all 2022 SRs are being delivered with the LFA?

Of course as soon as I post this my EDD changes this AM to Jan17-Feb14. Really hope that is not the case. Would really like my car before EOY.
If (Big IF) the bbb does pass by eoy, you getting your car by Jay 17- Feb 14 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
Edit: Of course if your household income exceeds $500k, this doesn't apply to ya...

Last edited:
I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, but is there a way to determine if the car will have the LFA or NCA? I had to agree to the vision and slower acceleration statements, so I assume mine will have the LFA, but is there somewhere that is indicated based on the VIN or whatever? Or is that at this point, all 2022 SRs are being delivered with the LFA?
I think its a LFP since you had to accept lower acceleration. Congrats on your car

Reactions: SkepTeach
Reactions: Labs
Quick update:
This morning my order updated to January 21 - February 18.

Glad to see that Standard Model 3 orders are being fulfilled with 2022 VINs. Excited to see what can be confirmed once people start receiving them!

Hey all, Just checking in. My EDD moved to Dec 16 - Dec 31 for a bit and then pushed out to March 10 - April 7. I was hoping to get it before the year ends but we'll see what happens.

Updated timeline:
Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Seats, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7