Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That sounds promising! Is there any connection to the factory step and VIN being assigned? I’m guessing you don’t have the precious VIN just yet, but hopefully you’re closing in quick!
No VIN yet, so it'll be interesting to see when they assign the vin knowing that factory gate date. I'm not trying to get my hopes up too much because I still think it could get delayed.

Howdy Gang. Long-time listener, first-time caller. I'm starting to get antsy about my order, and since misery loves company...here I am! I had an EDD of March-April after I ordered, ran out to buy accessories, and got my NEMA 14-50 wired. As you might guess, I now have trust issues.

Order date: 01/08, RWD, MSM, Black, Aero, no FSD, Northern California

My current EDD is WAY out there, July 19 - August 16.

We're considering changing the config to the white interior. Do any of ya'll know if this would cause any delay or issue with our order?
Anyone with a similar order date care to chime in with their EDD?
If you change any features other then adding the self drive I believe(cause its a software update), it will delay the production of your vehicle.

They just screwed me again!!! M3 RWD red/black 18" FSD, changed delivery range from April 4 to 18 to April 12 to 26 !!!!
My financing has expired 5 times now!!!!
My order date was December.
No VIN.
What is wrong with these people?
Have to wait to do financing until you get a VIN. EDD’s are notoriously incorrect. It won’t happen, until it happens.

Have to wait to do financing until you get a VIN. EDD’s are notoriously incorrect. It won’t happen, until it happens.
I hesitated on re applying for financing back in January when my first approval lapsed, and my delivery window changed dramatically. I tried to get information from Tesla but no one had a clue as to why my date changed. Then someone at Tesla said it was because my financing expired and I had not re applied, so since then I have kept up my financing approval, reapplying quickly when it has lapsed.

I hesitated on re applying for financing back in January when my first approval lapsed, and my delivery window changed dramatically. I tried to get information from Tesla but no one had a clue as to why my date changed. Then someone at Tesla said it was because my financing expired and I had not re applied, so since then I have kept up my financing approval, reapplying quickly when it has lapsed.
Change your payment status to "Cash", when you get a VIN number you can call Tesla and have them adjust it back to financing and re-apply so you don't keep taking hits on your credit.

They just screwed me again!!! M3 RWD red/black 18" FSD, changed delivery range from April 4 to 18 to April 12 to 26 !!!!
My financing has expired 5 times now!!!!
My order date was December.
No VIN.
What is wrong with these people?

Interested to see how this progresses for you...

The EDD you said got bumped 2 weeks back (booo) but that might correspond pretty close with the "factory gate" date that @rudythecar talked about yesterday... add 5-7 days for the vehicles to ship and mayyyyybe it actually will arrive?

Newb here...trying to learn as much as I can. One thing that I have learned for sure is patience is Key Haha . OD 10/20/21, Changed order from LR to SR 12/21/22...

I decided to got with the LFP, M3 SR White/White standard Aero wheels, No FSD.

Delivery date was 1/22, then they changed 2x more after that. Currently 4/11/22 to 5/4/22... I'm hopeful this holds, but have little confidence at this point. I am in SoCal.

Since I am in the 30 days window, do you think this will hold? I keep checking the App and even talked to SA. She said just keep checking for my VIN...Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Great White
Newb here...trying to learn as much as I can. One thing that I have learned for sure is patience is Key Haha . OD 10/20/21, Changed order from LR to SR 12/21/22...

Delivery date was 1/22, then they changed 2x more after that. Currently 4/11/22 to 5/4/22... I'm hopeful this holds, but have little confidence at this point. I am in SoCal.

Since I am in the 30 days window, do you think this will hold? I keep checking the App and even talked to SA. She said just keep checking for my VIN...Fingers crossed.
Until you have a VIN, the estimates are basically worthless. Once you get a week window, the vin usually arrives a day or 2 later.

Oh interesting, you're the first I've heard that downgraded from LR to SR+/RWD. Welcome to our purgatory! :eek:;)

They always say the people with no problems never come back to post- which I almost did. Just wanted to say, the car is perfect. OD was 9/30/21, ended up picking up 3/16/22. The wait stunk, but it is worth it. Charging has been easier than expected and the experience at Mt. Kisco was great. Hang in there.
Congrats on the great new ride! :)
Very glad that the reward after the months of waiting & unknown is worth it.

Reactions: Great White