Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a base model on order and it keeps getting pushed out. It’s clear what earns the highest margin gets on the top of the list while the lowest one on the bottom. Yes it serves Tesla financially. But you can’t build long term sustainable business with great brand equity this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: theocguy
Hey guys, just joined after observing this room for awhile. OD of 9/11/21, red/white/18”/no FSD. My EDD has changed a lot, but it’s been stuck at July 8 - August 19 for a couple of weeks now. Compared to most others here, seems pretty late for a Sept OD.

I’m hoping it gets moved up, but I feel my price has a lot do with it. Along with the lower $40k base price, I also got it for $5k less because of a New Jersey EV credit that was available when I ordered. Really hope it’s not completely based on purchase price, otherwise I might have to wait a full year to get it.

Reactions: rudythecar
Hey guys, just joined after observing this room for awhile. OD of 9/11/21, red/white/18”/no FSD. My EDD has changed a lot, but it’s been stuck at July 8 - August 19 for a couple of weeks now. Compared to most others here, seems pretty late for a Sept OD.

I’m hoping it gets moved up, but I feel my price has a lot do with it. Along with the lower $40k base price, I also got it for $5k less because of a New Jersey EV credit that was available when I ordered. Really hope it’s not completely based on purchase price, otherwise I might have to wait a full year to get it.
I am also from NJ and also got the 5k EV rebate exact same configuration except I have black interior. Aug 4th order date and my EDD is June-July. I guess the lower your purchase price , the further down you are pushes in the delivery queue. No doubt about it!

Reactions: Johnsson90

Welcome to purgatory! My OD and EDD are very similar to yours, so it’s not just you.

M

ake sure all pre-delivery tasks are completed, including financing option. You’re going to want to set that to cash for now. You’ll be able to change it later.

Looks like the end-of-quarter push is here-- fingers crossed!
OD: 8/31/21 White/Black/Aero/ no FSD
On hold from mid-November to 12/8/21
Previous EDD: 4/21-5/19
New EDD as of this morning: 3/26-3/31
Pick up in Buena Park, CA
I really don't want to get my hopes up but we will see!
After being pushed to 4/15-5/20, just got pushed even more to 4/28-5/26.

No doubt, Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct.. basically anything 2021 hopefully gets to the end of this tunnel soon! I am dismayed some that the google doc M3 tracking sheet has a LOT of blank spaces on there with few updates :(
Yes, the last date of delivery (RWD) is 3/27/2022.
2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)
I will fill this out for everyone when/IF my car gets delivered!

Yup it’s set as cash and all tasks are completed. Hoping I get one of those good EDD changes where it moves up a month or 2. It’s so random.
Here is the reply I got today from my agent:

"Your current credit approval expires on 4/29/2022. Your financing/payment method does not affect when you are assigned to a VIN so even if it expires you're still in priority queue to get assigned a VIN. If you want me to switch you to cash that's fine but it isn't going to affect your next VIN assignment."

Here is the reply I got today from my agent:

"Your current credit approval expires on 4/29/2022. Your financing/payment method does not affect when you are assigned to a VIN so even if it expires you're still in priority queue to get assigned a VIN. If you want me to switch you to cash that's fine but it isn't going to affect your next VIN assignment."
It will just save you from potentially getting multiple credit checks until your DD.

Reactions: Spivas