Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current shortage is so bad that there are no M3s available in Miami for neither a test drive nor even display at stores/dealerships.

They are expecting some M3s for test drives in the first week of May.

Super frustrating to be in such darkness.......

This is interesting. I was in LA earlier this month and noticed every Tesla store I stopped by was empty. The Tesla stores here in BC still have cars in the stores - drove by two days ago and was just the same as early March when I went in for a test drive.

I was thinking about ioniq5. 100 days and no markup - I will check it out.

It's a great car - was actually my first choice until I realized how long I'd be waiting for one. I have one on deposit, but unfortunately the sales procedure up here in Canada is a bit different. Unlike you down in the States, we can't walk into a dealership and buy one or reserve an incoming one. We have to factory order and get in the queue. I ordered mine in January of this year and my most recent update told me it wasn't scheduled to be built till the second half of next year...

Reactions: Soosh
This is interesting. I was in LA earlier this month and noticed every Tesla store I stopped by was empty. The Tesla stores here in BC still have cars in the stores - drove by two days ago and was just the same as early March when I went in for a test drive.

It's a great car - was actually my first choice until I realized how long I'd be waiting for one. I have one on deposit, but unfortunately the sales procedure up here in Canada is a bit different. Unlike you down in the States, we can't walk into a dealership and buy one or reserve an incoming one. We have to factory order and get in the queue. I ordered mine in January of this year and my most recent update told me it wasn't scheduled to be built till the second half of next year...
I looked into this last week and found out it was a 14-16 month wait.

EDD changed from Apr 29 - May 27 to May 21-Jun 18 this morning

OD is Sep 18, 2021
White/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD/Miami

At this point, I am frustrated beyond limits. The EDD has changed more than 15 times since ordering the vehicle. I am baffled by the automated EDD updates from Tesla

My lease for my car is up end of May. Last year when I ordered my M3 in August I fugured I would get it end of the year. That dream came and went but I was positive by some time first quarter 2022. That past. Start of this month I was confident it would happen at least by my lease end date. Doesnt look likely.

I was gonna buyout my car anyway and sell it, but what kills me is that the interest rates shot up so much and I almost feel compelled to just keep the car I buyout and sell the Tesla as soon as it arrives, whatever era that may be in.

My lease for my car is up end of May. Last year when I ordered my M3 in August I fugured I would get it end of the year. That dream came and went but I was positive by some time first quarter 2022. That past. Start of this month I was confident it would happen at least by my lease end date. Doesnt look likely.

I was gonna buyout my car anyway and sell it, but what kills me is that the interest rates shot up so much and I almost feel compelled to just keep the car I buyout and sell the Tesla as soon as it arrives, whatever era that may be in.
We are in pretty similar situations.

My current lease ended on Feb 28.

Back last year; the average wait for M3 SR was about 3 to 4 months. Considering the lead time, I made the reservation for my M3 in Sep 2021 (hoping that the new car would be delivered before expiration of lease).

As we all know now, the above 'hope' has gotten shattered multiple times already.

I ended up purchasing my lease car and currently using the same for my daily commute. Hopefully, shall be able to sell it for some profit in a few months once Tesla blesses us with a VIN.

The EDD has been acting up super weird this week and changed twice in a span of 3 days.

Thursday/Friday: Changed from Apr 29 - May 27 to May 21 - Jun 18

Today morning: Changed from May 21 - Jun 18 to May 11 - May 25

I am not getting excited, as this is the 3rd time to get into a 2 week window. One thing for sure that this automated EDD system knows very well how to play with our emotions/brain.....lol

Let's keep the information flowing and hopefully (one day) we shall be able to decipher a pattern in all these ever changing EDDs

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - present)

I haven't received an update to a 2 week window as everyone else. Still showing a 28 day window on my end.

I would rather do a factory order than going to dealership to order one. At least, with the factory order, I can be sure there would be no crappy markup packages being added. After seeing the prices increase in the local Honda dealerships, I really can’t stomach myself to buy from dealerships again.

I would rather do a factory order than going to dealership to order one. At least, with the factory order, I can be sure there would be no crappy markup packages being added. After seeing the prices increase in the local Honda dealerships, I really can’t stomach myself to buy from dealerships again.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'm still following the Ioniq5 subreddit and there's regularly people from the States talking about dealer mark-ups. The sad thing is, people want the car enough that they pay it. Markups above MSRP apparently are 'illegal' in Canada, but dealers still find a way around it by tacking on extra add-ons, etc.

Sorry rest of the world. Quick update for my Canadian fellows who were like me, hoping that the 2022 Federal incentive revision would re-insert the M3 as part of the program while we wait and provide a $5K rebate. Well it won't. Unless Tesla drops the RWD by $5K.

Deceiving yearly update as even some of the currently accepted model are like $50 even $10 away from the limit in an economy where all components prices are increasing daily. The revised program leave room for SUV's and the yet non-available basic F-150. Another model that will rapidly cross the threshold.

Sorry rest of the world. Quick update for my Canadian fellows who were like me, hoping that the 2022 Federal incentive revision would re-insert the M3 as part of the program while we wait and provide a $5K rebate. Well it won't. Unless Tesla drops the RWD by $5K.

Deceiving yearly update as even some of the currently accepted model are like $50 even $10 away from the limit in an economy where all components prices are increasing daily. The revised program leave room for SUV's and the yet non-available basic F-150. Another model that will rapidly cross the threshold.
Answering my own post...If the M3 SR could be back on the menu at $50K ish, the M3 RWD/SR+ would fit in the program 😁

Reactions: theocguy
Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

M3 RWD Black/Black | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - present)

I haven't received an update to a 2 week window as everyone else. Still showing a 28 day window on my end.

Wow what a roller coaster ride. So your wait is going to be 7-8 months at this point. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and was given Sep-Oct EDD. Seeing your experience, I may not even get the car this year. Maybe I should look into the EV6 lol. Wasn’t looking to get an SUV but if it’s cheaper, readily available, equipped with head-up display, and subsidized by the government, I’ll have to give it a fair shot.

Reactions: theocguy and NNM3
Wow what a roller coaster ride. So your wait is going to be 7-8 months at this point. I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and was given Sep-Oct EDD. Seeing your experience, I may not even get the car this year. Maybe I should look into the EV6 lol. Wasn’t looking to get an SUV but if it’s cheaper, readily available, equipped with head-up display, and subsidized by the government, I’ll have to give it a fair shot.
Definitely a rollercoaster that I wasn't planning to be on this long. Just sharing my journey with present and future buyers.

This Tesla journey is total different from my first experience.