Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they can really get it here that quickly I will be impressed especially after all these delays
Congratulations!
Questions when did you get the message Prepare for Delivery? Also, did they ask you to complete financing and trade in the last couple weeks or did you just get the VIN immediately with final steps...
Any info gives the rest of us an idea of what to expect - Thanks and enjoy the new car!
Before the VIN, my EDD was Sept - October as part of the glitch. On 4/25, I recieved a text from my SA saying that my VIN had been assigned.
After that, it was the Vision and Acceleration agreement. It might have helped since I wasn't trading anything in and was paying all cash, but after that, the other two tasks were to submit proof of insurance and final payment. Signed up for insurance ASAP and submitted the pamphlet with the ink still (virtually) wet, and paid the rest of the cost. Now, it's just the waiting game until my delivery.... Currently at April 27th-May 1st, but keeps getting bumped a day.

If they can really get it here that quickly I will be impressed especially after all these delays

Before the VIN, my EDD was Sept - October as part of the glitch. On 4/25, I recieved a text from my SA saying that my VIN had been assigned.
After that, it was the Vision and Acceleration agreement. It might have helped since I wasn't trading anything in and was paying all cash, but after that, the other two tasks were to submit proof of insurance and final payment. Signed up for insurance ASAP and submitted the pamphlet with the ink still (virtually) wet, and paid the rest of the cost. Now, it's just the waiting game until my delivery.... Currently at April 27th-May 1st, but keeps getting bumped a day.
Thanks for all the info - appreciate it! Enjoy the car & congratulations

Hello friends, I just received the below text from Tesla: “Hi A, if you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.”

My first ever message from Tesla 🤗 I will not be trading so I’m not responding to it.

My question is : is there any significance to the timing of this message ? My current EDD is May 2 - May 30 ? Am I getting closer to a real VIN or 😇 a real car soon ???

Hello friends, I just received the below text from Tesla: “Hi A, if you're selling a vehicle to prepare for your upcoming Model 3 delivery, you can trade your vehicle in with your purchase! Get your trade-in value by responding to this text with your car's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and exact mileage, and a Tesla Advisor will follow up with you soon.”

My first ever message from Tesla 🤗 I will not be trading so I’m not responding to it.

My question is : is there any significance to the timing of this message ? My current EDD is May 2 - May 30 ? Am I getting closer to a real VIN or 😇 a real car soon ???
I don't think it has any connection to your delivery date. I had a 10 day window in March and got this text. I replied no trade in. My EDD then got bumped by two months.
I asked my SA about it and he said this text can be sent within 3 months of best guess delivery date. He emphasized not to connect it to the VIN generation or delivery timing. There are people with trade in values waiting for multiple months and no delivery yet.

I also got this message! My EDD is May 3 - 31. What is your config and order date?

Reactions: RuTang
Really happy for people who have received their VIN's . It would be really nice if people going forwards can note pick-up location so we can keep track of which regions are getting the cars first?

anyone in Toronto / Oakville / Waterloo area got the VINS yet?
Yeah Oakville pickup, got VIN on Apr 25 batch, no word from SA yet. Texted yesterday evening asking if it comes with mobile connector etc. Other details see my signature (on phone browser you have to go to landscape mode to see signature etc)

Sorry, but it does not. I got that message in October and again in February.