Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered my M3 RWD on 4/9 with EDD July 30-September 10. White/Black interior/Aero. Any idea if this timeframe is realistic or when I can expect a VIN? I got 3rd party financing that expires 6/18. With the LFP batteries being produced faster, I would think it wouldn’t get pushed further out.
I picked up in LV in Sep 2021 and March 2022. My guess - you'll get a VIN end of quarter of your EDD range.
My experience, LV deliveries seem to go with EOQ west coast push. Tho, of course, in no way this happens 100% off LV/CA deliveries.

My LV experience, Sep 2021 (Model Y) and March 2022 assigned 2 VINs (Model Y and Model 3 I picked up April).

Also, best to arrange financing until with or closer to getting a VIN, or you risk quotes expiring and getting credit check again.

Tesla East Sahara LV April 2022:
20220419_113846.jpg

I picked up in LV in Sep 2021 and March 2022. My guess - you'll get a VIN end of quarter of your EDD range.
My experience, LV deliveries seem to go with EOQ west coast push. Tho, of course, in no way this happens 100% off LV/CA deliveries.

My LV experience, Sep 2021 (Model Y) and March 2022 assigned 2 VINs (Model Y and Model 3 I picked up April).

Also, best to arrange financing until with or closer to getting a VIN, or you risk quotes expiring and getting credit check again.

Tesla East Sahara LV April 2022:
View attachment 799053
I had to get a prequal to ensure I can carry two auto loans simultaneously while I await delivery. Just hoping it doesn’t get pushed too far out, and unsure of NV deliveries and how they process. My EDD range is like mid quarter so we will see!

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Since there seems to be a few new users, to those, there is a survey Google sheet gathering some information on delivery progress and you are welcome add your order info to it using the Google form link located in cell B1.

For those leaving us 😢 to drive their brand new, long awaited car 🤜🤛, don't forget to update your info before rushing to play with you new toy, adding goodies, PPF, etc... and eventually complain about something 🤣

A few stats. Based on the Google sheet only, received VINs so far this year = 273
  • April = 61
  • March = 62
  • February = 106
  • January = 44
Seeing that this sheet shows 212 VIN in Q1 and knowing that M3 deliveries in Q1 where 295,324, the sheet seems to represent only 0.07% of the whole data.
Q2 started well with 61 VIN in April compared to 1st month of Q1 at 44, a 39% increased...based on our very poor sampling.
Hopefully this acceleration will increase as we move toward June, end of Q2 🤞

My EDD just changed to July 15 - Aug 26

OD Nov 5 Black/Black/19" no fsd

Up to this morning it was May 16 - June 13, no idea what is going on but I hope this is happening because it wants to jump back to May/June time frame with VIN 🤞
Mine just changed this morning as well. Now it is July 12 - August 23rd. OD was 9/20 approx. it was up until this morning may 15-June 20. What gives here? Another 2.5 month delay? This is becoming a joke.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
How long did it stay at the June - Aug window?
Was like that for exactly 11 days. Before that I had a May 12th to June 8th EDD. Before that one back in March 14th I had an April 10th to May 8th date which I had for about 3 weeks prior. Then the next day on the 15th it changed simply to August 2022. That April 10th to May 8th one was the closest I came previously.

Reactions: Rezan8
Was like that for exactly 11 days. Before that I had a May 12th to June 8th EDD. Before that one back in March 14th I had an April 10th to May 8th date which I had for about 3 weeks prior. Then the next day on the 15th it changed simply to August 2022. That April 10th to May 8th one was the closest I came previously.
Well I guess this is good to see. Mine has had a similar pattern so I’ll hope for a change. My charger is sitting collecting dust.

Similar story was in the June-August delivery window for a few weeks and then switched back to May with a 2 week window….

I just got the message asking me if I wanted to trade in a vehicle with my purchase. I wont, but I wanted to know what the next step usually is after this message.
You would reply no trade if you have none. Then the process continues. EDD may still be pushed back or you could get a VIN and delivery. The trade in process is independent of the EDD apparently. I've seen others who had to keep renewing their trade in data for months.

I have been thinking about looking at one of these too - please let us know what you thought, and how it compares to the Model 3.
I went to take the test drive and the (typical) car salesman went home early and the receptionist lady just said come back another day. This is a huge reminder of why dealing with Tesla is so much better than dealing with legacy dealers and their slovenly sleazy practices and methods.

I went to take the test drive and the (typical) car salesman went home early and the receptionist lady just said come back another day. This is a huge reminder of why dealing with Tesla is so much better than dealing with legacy dealers and their slovenly sleazy practices and methods.
I have bought all of my cars from dealerships and I still prefer it. This process with tesla has been the absolute worst car buying experience I’ve ever had. The super long wait times and lack of communication are horrendous. And please don’t act like tesla doesn’t have sleazy practices. They are constantly raising prices and omitting hardware and software features. Auto park should be standard as it is on several other cars…not locked behind a $12k price wall. At least at a traditional dealership you can drive your car away the same day and negotiate extras. Just bought a c40 recharge and was able to have window vents and all weather mats thrown in for free. Oh and it came with a charging cable with a nema 14-50 adapter. Y’all kill me acting like tesla is perfect and without faults. This same attitude by the masses is the reason why tesla does whatever they want because they know folks will still buy…smh