Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delivery process is God awful, no doubt. However, what are you supposed to do? No other EV has an LFP Battery or has the years and experience that Tesla has. So, yes. Tesla will continue to do this as long as they want and can because they are simply the best in the EV game for the unforeseeable future. As of late, I've been thinking of cancelling my order and maybe getting the RAV 4 Hybrid or Kia EV, but I came to my senses and decided to continue being patient (not my natural strong suit). I've been waiting since 9/11 of 2021 and my EDD is July27-Aug 24. I won't settle, so I guess I'll keep waiting............

The delivery process is God awful, no doubt. However, what are you supposed to do? No other EV has an LFP Battery or has the years and experience that Tesla has. So, yes. Tesla will continue to do this as long as they want and can because they are simply the best in the EV game for the unforeseeable future. As of late, I've been thinking of cancelling my order and maybe getting the RAV 4 Hybrid or Kia EV, but I came to my senses and decided to continue being patient (not my natural strong suit). I've been waiting since 9/11 of 2021 and my EDD is July27-Aug 24. I won't settle, so I guess I'll keep waiting............
Do you mind sharing your order specs?

Newbie here..my order date 04/09..and my current edd is august 7-september 18..ive read in the the AwD section that they are getting their vins within 3 months..are rwd delivery going to be at the end of the year judging by most of the guys here ordered theirs last year and not even gettinh vins..should i change my order to awd..my config is blue,black interior,aero wheels no fsd..

Newbie here..my order date 04/09..and my current edd is august 7-september 18..ive read in the the AwD section that they are getting their vins within 3 months..are rwd delivery going to be at the end of the year judging by most of the guys here ordered theirs last year and not even gettinh vins..should i change my order to awd..my config is blue,black interior,aero wheels no fsd..
I was debating the same thing to change to LR - until my delivery day got moved up last week. Tesla seems to be prioritizing the LR over the SR… That said I do want the LFP battery for longevity/charging/safety reasons. The short answer though is if you need the car sooner you may be better off going LR tough call

I was debating the same thing to change to LR - until my delivery day got moved up last week. Tesla seems to be prioritizing the LR over the SR… That said I do want the LFP battery for longevity/charging/safety reasons. The short answer though is if you need the car sooner you may be better off going LR tough call
Agreed, The LFP is a special battery, if you can wait then you really should. They mentioned that half of all their vehicle deliveries are LFP so they are making a ton of them. And with Shanghai already back to 80%, it potentially could improve delivery times. The original LFP SR 3's in the US were China-made, I believe, so the dates can still improve rather quickly.

Reactions: Soosh
Share a little bit of my experience.
OD: Oct 2021
EDD: Aug 15 to Oct 20, 2022

After placing my order, I didn't finish my profile, since I knew it would be June next year, so complete trade-in and finance didn't make sense at that time.

Fast forward to April 2022, I started to pay attention to my EDD and then got advice from here to skip trade in and choose cash as payment.

Went to test drive last week and talked to a SA. He told me that I would never be put in the queue before the profile was completed. So which means, even though I ordered Oct last year, I am actually in the queue with who ordered this April.

Big disappointment, terrible experience. I wish I know this forum earlier, Tesla SAs are useless...

Still in the waiting game. I had a VIN assigned for a week now and the ED keeps getting pushed out by a day everyday. Currently ED is May 2-6th. I thought that by having a VIN things would move along more smoothly, but apparently not.
The same thing here, vin a week ago and EDD keeps moving day by day. Haven’t been able to schedule pickup date. We called this evening and they did confirm the car is at the pickup location, they said it takes a few days for
Them to go over the car and prep for delivery. I’m thinking it’s waiting on missing parts like others have said could be the issue.

Newbie here. I placed my order on 04/30/2022 and the EDD on the app is showing as Nov 19- Jan 14. Thanks to this community, I came to know that I should provide trade-in info AND set payment as cash(due to the EDD being so far away) or risk being put at the end of the queue perenially. Is there anything else I should be doing(besides the long wait 😅)?

Reactions: Gagu and Soosh

After placing my order, I didn't finish my profile, since I knew it would be June next year, so complete trade-in and finance didn't make sense at that time.

Fast forward to April 2022, I started to pay attention to my EDD and then got advice from here to skip trade in and choose cash as payment.

Went to test drive last week and talked to a SA. He told me that I would never be put in the queue before the profile was completed. So which means, even though I ordered Oct last year, I am actually in the queue with who ordered this April.

Big disappointment, terrible experience. I wish I know this forum earlier, Tesla SAs are useless...
Yep this is exactly what happened to me. Except i ordered back in August 2021, and didn’t realize until February 2022 that i had to set to cash and disable my trade in. So my actual ODD is February, even though i really ordered it in August 2021.

Exact same thing happened with me. I ordered in Sep 10th 2021 but didn't complete my profile cuz i was never told. i was so frustrated when i got to know that last week.