Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let’s clarify here. It’s not a rebate. It’s a tax credit. I want to make that distinction as there are people out there who are not prepared for this and they aren’t eligible for the tax credit.

Example:

The EV tax credit is a federal credit for income taxes owed to the IRS; you must owe enough taxes to take advantage of this opportunity. If you owe no income taxes to the IRS, then you can’t benefit from it.

Let’s say you buy an EV that qualifies for a $6,000 tax credit, and you owe $3,000 in income taxes. You could receive a $3,000 credit on your income taxes. However, the tax credit can’t be passed on to someone else, as only the original registered vehicle owner qualifies.
What does owing income taxes mean? I’m pretty sure the IRS owes me income taxes because the withholding is greater than the liability.

The credit comes off the total IRS tax not what you owe. If your total tax was say $3,000 and you had a $6,000 tax credit you would use $3,000 and have a carryover to next year of the remaining $3,000 credit. the credit is not refundable. In this example you would get all tax withheld back as a refund since you tax was reduced to zero with the credit.

The credit comes off the total IRS tax not what you owe. If your total tax was say $3,000 and you had a $6,000 tax credit you would use $3,000 and have a carryover to next year of the remaining $3,000 credit. the credit is not refundable. In this example you would get all tax withheld back as a refund since you tax was reduced to zero with the credit.
That’s what I figured. I don’t know how anyone who can afford a Model 3 can have a tax liability lower than 10k.

Specs: Deep Blue Metallic-Black Int-18” aero-Kansas City pickup location.

Placed my order placed October 3rd, 2021. Current EDD is July 11-August 21 and has been since April 6th.

Haven't had any communication ever so I decided to call last week to see if I could get a crumb of information. Person was decently helpful, switched my payment method to cash to see if the EDD would move up a month to June and told me to call back in 48 hours if nothing changed. Nothing did so I called back and that person was confused but in the end offered to submit “a case escalation to the factory”? never heard of that before. Still no changes called today and that person was the most dismissive and least helpful and just said the current EDD is “accurate” and to just keep waiting. Starting to lose hope in this car tbh.
Would you care to add your order info in the Survey and see your order be part of this Dashboard?

I filled it out as soon as I ordered back in August and I no I have seen it there. But now I don't see it on the sheet anymore. When I try to edit it it tells me I've already made a response.
These are the (6) outstanding SR+ August 2021 orders. I think that sometime records disappears for reasons I have no control of. When told in the Google survey that you already filled it, I think that modifying one of the field and re-submitting reinserts the record but I cannot experiment it. Feel free to share if your attempt works.

SR August 21.jpg

When I started the Dashboard on May 14th there was (1) entry with an "Order date" in the future. So all graphs are based on Order Date between Jan. 1st 2021 and Today, thus excluding this invalid entry. Recently, (2) more persons answered a date in the future to "Order date". Not sure if they are confused with their EDD, prank data or whatsoever. The fact is that without going more extensive with a blacklist filtering strategy that I don't have time to implement, these invalid Order date will catch up, starting July 4th and will skew a bit more the stats. I've added a section at the end of the desktop version of the Dashboard, listing those invalid entries as of Today but that's about all I can do, hoping that the users will see it and correct it.

Ivalid dates.jpg

Ivalid dates DB.jpg

Reactions: Soosh
These are the (6) outstanding SR+ August 2021 orders. I think that sometime records disappears for reasons I have no control of. When told in the Google survey that you already filled it, I think that modifying one of the field and re-submitting reinserts the record but I cannot experiment it. Feel free to share if your attempt works.

View attachment 808133
Thanks! that worked!
1653404284834.png

Reactions: Jbedz and MtlMV
Hopefully soon we all get to celebrate !! I see 7 of us from August still outstanding now . I rember we also had a July order that was still waiting not sure if they got their model 3 delivered.
The one from July is not showing in the outstanding anymore. Of the early Jan/21, some have no VIN date but do show VIN# that leaves (1) in Feb. and (1) in Apr. that I suspect being forgotten updates. This is why I've started the outstanding graphs from August which seems to all be OK. However that time period seems to show forgotten updates for the LR and P version.

Prior to August.jpg