Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on my buddy's delivery history and what I have personally experienced so far (haven't picked up yet), the two week window means you're a week to 10 days away from a 4-5 day window. Once you get the 4-5 day window you should see the VIN in the source code, not in the app.
When the car is put on a truck from the factory you will get a text to look for a delivery scheduling text soon.
Once the car arrives at the dealership you should get the text to schedule delivery and that's when you can see the VIN in app plus the MVPA (purchase agreement).
I have seen most Canadians go through this, not sure if some details are different for U.S. customers.

Interesting. Ive heard others say they received 2 week windows only to get them pushed as well. Hopefully it works out. Certainly dont want to have to be one of the rare few who waited over a year.

I mean, this is my first 2 week window and also just yesterday the first time my date shifted closer upon a change in dates. Was so used to it getting pushed further out.

I'm getting nervous seeing so many deliveries and VINs getting assigned in Canada and nothing happening to me 😭

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for everyone else, it's just that my EDD hasn't been updated for a while and we're getting closer to August...

I'm wondering if MSM color is harder to get, because most of the cars being delivered rn are either black or white...
Still puzzled about those 2021 orders outstanding. They're getting EDD that are not really earlier then early 2022 one's.

Interesting. Ive heard others say they received 2 week windows only to get them pushed as well. Hopefully it works out. Certainly dont want to have to be one of the rare few who waited over a year.

I mean, this is my first 2 week window and also just yesterday the first time my date shifted closer upon a change in dates. Was so used to it getting pushed further out.
I'd like to believe those were exceptions to the rule. Heck I had a two day window back in March and I'm still waiting.
I also saw a couple of people get a VIN assigned and then the VIN was pulled and EDD pushed back!! Nothing is guaranteed until you have picked up the car lol

This should be the process IF one was getting the car.

Still puzzled about those 2021 orders outstanding. They're getting EDD that are not really earlier then early 2022 one's.
Yes even more puzzling if you order an m3 today in Florida the delivery est is same as mine from 4 months ago - this entry model as it called by the press - is now the stepchild of Tesla - the model y getting more production
Ag

Model 3 | SR+ (now RWD, White Paint, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, Basic Autopilot) | Order Date: Oct 21, 2021. | Vancouver | EDD Before July 12: July 18 - Aug 15
EDD Before Yesterday: July 22 - August 5

This morning, the EDD was pushed back by 5 days: July 27 - August 10

Still a two weeks window. hopefully, I'll get it by the end of the month or at least the first week of August.

Guys, can anyone inform me of what my best option would be here? The most current EDD I have received is today (Saturday, 7/23) for 7/26~8/7. OD was 4/1/22.

I'm on Cape Cod, it will take me, at minimum, eight days to get back to AZ in order to pick up the Tesla in Tucson (six days on the road in our model Y, with two days of prep prior to leaving).

Does anyone know how much latitude I have time-wise? I can send the cash for the car, so that's not an issue.

Rich

Based on my buddy's delivery history and what I have personally experienced so far (haven't picked up yet), the two week window means you're a week to 10 days away from a 4-5 day window. Once you get the 4-5 day window you should see the VIN in the source code, not in the app.
When the car is put on a truck from the factory you will get a text to look for a delivery scheduling text soon.
Once the car arrives at the dealership you should get the text to schedule delivery and that's when you can see the VIN in app plus the MVPA (purchase agreement).
I have seen most Canadians go through this, not sure if some details are different for U.S. customers.
I had 7 two week windows…
It means nothing till you get a text/email and vin

Guys, can anyone inform me of what my best option would be here? The most current EDD I have received is today (Saturday, 7/23) for 7/26~8/7. OD was 4/1/22.

I'm on Cape Cod, it will take me, at minimum, eight days to get back to AZ in order to pick up the Tesla in Tucson (six days on the road in our model Y, with two days of prep prior to leaving).

Does anyone know how much latitude I have time-wise? I can send the cash for the car, so that's not an issue.

Rich
Do you know anyone that you would trust to pick it up for you? My SA said that can be arranged.

Guys this is beyond belief 😊😊😊 I just got my final payment email and the VIN number is visible in the MVPA !!!!!

PLEASE guide me as to the next steps as I need to convert my order to financing instead of all cash. Tomorrow is Sunday and Monday is a crazy work day for me so by WHEN do I need to pay the down payment and what are the next steps for me to do ???

AND HOW do I convey to Tesla that I need to convert it to finance ?

Hope all of you get delivery asap 😊😊😊 THANKS

Guys this is beyond belief 😊😊😊 I just got my final payment email and the VIN number is visible in the MVPA !!!!!

PLEASE guide me as to the next steps as I need to convert my order to financing instead of all cash. Tomorrow is Sunday and Monday is a crazy work day for me so by WHEN do I need to pay the down payment and what are the next steps for me to do ???

AND HOW do I convey to Tesla that I need to convert it to finance ?

Hope all of you get delivery asap 😊😊😊 THANKS
Text them to switch to finance then you have to apply and get approved. Usually takes a day or two.

I see you’re from Langley. Guessing you’re picking up at the Surrey location? When did you order?

I’m been hearing that if you upgrade to red/blue exterior the delivery will be much closer. Do you think that’s true?
I switched mine from black to deep blue and got a VIN in a couple days then took delivery the same week. I also upgraded the wheels from the aero to sport wheels

It is nice to see the folks that I've seen in this forum since September of 2021, start to receive VINs! Congratulations

Last edited: