Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7/18:M3 RWD: Blue: White: 19":NoFSD: NC

I placed out M3 RWD order and I can track EDD, manage etc on my phone Tesla App, but my wife's app looks nothing like mine. She can't see the Order, the EDD or anything. Is this expected? Anything I can do that would allow her to be able to look every day and be frustrated with how long its taking and all the change as well?? ;)

Thanks
Bill

Only the primary account will see that, afaik.

For all the BC'ers. British Columbia just changed the $3000 EV rebate. It is now income based. Good news for some. Bad for most.
I just emailed the BC govt and they advised me hat if the car is already ordered and is delivered prior to October 31, 2022, there is no need to apply for the rebate under the new rules and the $3000 rebate will apply (assuming the car was ordered early enough to be priced under the cap.)

Hey all. I got this message (on my account) to convert my order from 2021 Model 3 SR+ to 2022 Model 3 RWD yesterday. And a few hours later, I saw VIN in the source code. Then, the delivery window got shorter from Aug 1 to Aug 5.

This morning I got a text to schedule the delivery (between August 3 to August 6). I got super excited and booked the earliest one.
Model 3 | SR+ (now RWD, White Paint, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, Basic Autopilot) | Order Date: Oct 21, 2021. | Last EDD: August 1 to August 5 | Vancouver

Took the delivery today. Quite smooth delivery experience, almost cried looking at the ICBC auto insurance :p ..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for delivery day. :))

Model 3 | SR+ (now RWD, White Paint, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, Basic Autopilot) | Order Date: Oct 21, 2021. | Last EDD: August 1 to August 5 | Vancouver

Took the delivery today. Quite smooth delivery experience, almost cried looking at the ICBC auto insurance :p ..
What’s the deal with the auto insurance? Expensive compared to your previous car?

Oh ok.

Similar to you, for me also the VIN just shows in the source code and not in the app.

But since i got my MVPA, i was able to confirm my VIN.

Based on your EDD, I m sure, you would get your vehicle in the next 2 weeks.

Quick question: You have mentioned your payment is setup for financing. so have you got the rates? I m just going to go for the 96 months to keep the monthly installments lesser (i know, its not a good financial move. but can't help it)
Are you using Tesla financing ? - I looked at a loan calculator on a credit union Webster - the best rate was for 36 months / then they increased the interest rate for a longer loan -

My ICBC amount changed as everyones will. Tesla is considered a premium ride with expensive repair costs, so the insurance will surely reflect that.

The more ICBC discounts you have, the better. My insurance only went up by an extra $240 a year, so 20 bucks a month more. Its currently $180 a month with my Roadside plus coverage. My friend on the other hand has much lower % coverage and is paying like 330 a month for his.

Reactions: ndkcha
So, my trade in offer expired yesterday and I submitted the updated odometer right away to get another offer...
Someone asked about how long does it take. In my experience (renewing my offer for the 3rd or 4th time), it's usually pretty fast. I'm expecting a new offer today, let's see...

I hope this doesn't affect my delivery. A Tesla rep told me that it shouldn't... But we never know right.
I was wondering if I shouldn't just click on "I don't want to trade in a vehicle". They will text me about the trade in anyway, right?
How does that offer looks compare to selling it yourself on Kijiji?

Hey Guys, got a few questions on EDD.

I ordered Model 3 RWD on March 2022 with a original EDD of August and as of today my EDD is October26-December7, are the EDD true to form or will it most likely go out more or come sooner? I live in California.

Also I am on the fence of changing my order to duel long range, will that push out my order as well? On the tesla website it shows that duel motor long range has a EDD father out than the RWD which I thought was odd as I though the higher end model would come in faster than the standard.

Thanks

When I changed our SR+ order to an LR, my EDD moved up 3 months. I was a February order and I was able to get the LR at the prices they were when I made my initial order. For us that was about a $7k savings over what it would be if I were to have ordered it today.

Hey Guys, got a few questions on EDD.

I ordered Model 3 RWD on March 2022 with a original EDD of August and as of today my EDD is October26-December7, are the EDD true to form or will it most likely go out more or come sooner? I live in California.

Also I am on the fence of changing my order to duel long range, will that push out my order as well? On the tesla website it shows that duel motor long range has a EDD father out than the RWD which I thought was odd as I though the higher end model would come in faster than the standard.

Thanks
From what we've seen in the last few months, your initial EDD has very little chances of materializing. There are peoples with 2021 OD in this forum still waiting. However, being in CA gives you an edge as Tesla seems to make the furthest deliveries early in the quarter and blitz to local (Fremont) in order to meet production numbers.

As far as switching to LR, all the ones that did saw huge improvements but that may have been because LFP cells made in China were back-ordered in Q2 and as these cells gets available, it is possible that there will be a RWD blitz, explaining why the published EDD is currently longer for the LR compared to RWD.

Your guesses are as good as anybody else.

Welcome to the group.