Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a new EDD today of 9/9-10/7 prior to this one it was EDD 10/3-11/7 which changed last week from the original one after order on 5/19.. original EDD was 10/1-11/12.. I’m 4 weeks out from the earliest date I can possibly receive delivery which is a 4 wk time frame. I’m hoping this may get shorter as I get another week or so closer and I get a vin also in the near future. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Or have any insight on what’s next.
OD 5/19, RWD, black, black, aero, no fsd, FL

Reactions: alangold
Questions for those in Québec!!

- Can we submit the rebate request through the online services before taking delivery or only after?
- Also, I read in the website that sometimes the dealership does the application for you on the day of delivery. Is this the case with Tesla or we need to do it by ourselves?

- Can we submit the rebate request through the online services before taking delivery or only after?
- Also, I read in the website that sometimes the dealership does the application for you on the day of delivery. Is this the case with Tesla or we need to do it by ourselves?
- From what I understand the main criteria is to have your VIN. And you do. However, we've seen stories of VIN vanishing so even with a 99% probability I would play it safe and wait to have the car in my drive-way.
- I'm pretty sure that my SA told me that Tesla does not. When I bought my Volt in 2016 the dealer not only took care of it but in that time, it was deducted from your payment and the dealer was receiving the incentive...later.

Reactions: fer_
- From what I understand the main criteria is to have your VIN. And you do. However, we've seen stories of VIN vanishing so even with a 99% probability I would play it safe and wait to have the car in my drive-way.
- I'm pretty sure that my SA told me that Tesla does not. When I bought my Volt in 2016 the dealer not only took care of it but in that time, it was deducted from your payment and the dealer was receiving the incentive...later.
I was curious, so I signed up for the online service to check what they ask.
They actually ask 3 things: VIN, license plate and vehicle registration date.
I only have the VIN, so I'll have to wait until next week anyway. Car is arriving on tuesday, August 16th :)

Reactions: MtlMV
Just received a new EDD today of 9/9-10/7 prior to this one it was EDD 10/3-11/7 which changed last week from the original one after order on 5/19.. original EDD was 10/1-11/12.. I’m 4 weeks out from the earliest date I can possibly receive delivery which is a 4 wk time frame. I’m hoping this may get shorter as I get another week or so closer and I get a vin also in the near future. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? Or have any insight on what’s next.
Five days ago, I went from a four-week window (September 1 - September 29) to a two-week window (August 20 - September 3). Still no VIN, though.

Reactions: Canesfan89

I think It's a DIY situation, that's what I understood.

There is a push at the end of each quarter to push out more cars. - Elon likes the pumped up figures - as soon as you get your vin you can final decide on lease or purchase - I changed from 3 year lease to 5 year purchase - in just a few minutes - time to order your car mats - cup holders - screen protector and more 😎

Ordered a few days after you... EDD moved up today to 9/14 -10/19. Let's see I guess!

Tesla is not allowed to do this, only a "Dealer" can not a car manufacture. So it you were to purchase a EV from your local Ford dealer, they could do it and remove it from the amount due. But not a manufacture IE Tesla.

When you pick up your car you will be given a folder. In the folder will be all the doc's you need to apply for the rebate. The paper you'll be given that is your temporary registration is one of the 3 sets of doc's you'll need to submit.
You will need to scan and save them in 3 different files and submit them in the 3 boxes on the website.

Do it properly the 1st time and it will sail though. I think I was approved in 1 week and got my cheque in another 5 weeks after that.

• Informative