Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pain of ordering in June with an EDD of October - December 2022, then checking today what new order EDDs are and it is the same.

Got THE text
Scheduled Delivery for Wednesday
Congrats!... and obligatory "f**k you!"
Should I fill out my leasing application before getting a VIN? Does leaving the payment option as cash impact estimate delivery date?

Edit: also I'm interested in hearing what you all think - we are expecting a baby in Nov so we'll need a car for hospital trips, check-in etc. My Model 3 EDD is Nov - Dec which means it could totally come after the little one. I'm thinking of getting a rental in the short term and wait out until EDD. Any other options that you all think I should explore? Thank in advance!
Cash usually moves the EDD up from what Ive heard. You can change it to financing once you get VIN, also wait to fill out loan apps because they expire.

re: your edit,
You don't have a car right now at all? And you might not have your car until after your baby is born?

How does one get this code? Is it based on order date? I planned on buying a mobile connector, but now wonder if I will also be receiving a code? Thanks so much!
iʻm not sure what their algorithm is...maybe if youʻre a week away from your EDD they send it to you? no idea. my previous EDD was 8/30-9/04...i think i might have received my code on 8/31. my order date for M3 was 3/15. when did they start removing the mobile connector with new orders?

I changed from Midnight Silver Metallic to Black and it moved up from November to September. You can always change it back and see if the EDD changes back with it.
Great news! So I changed from silver to blue tonight and the EDD date changed from 10/18 - 11/23 to 9/16 - 9/22!!! And I now have a VIN! It took just a couple of hours. Best 1000$ ever spent. Info below:

OD: 4/27
4/27: Aug - Oct
6/2: 11/11 - 12/23
7/2: 10/14-12/9
8/4: 10/27-12/8
8/22: 10/27- 11/23
9/5 (changed color): 9/16-9/22 (and VIN)

Great news! So I changed from silver to blue tonight and the EDD date changed from 10/18 - 11/23 to 9/16 - 9/22!!! And I now have a VIN! It took just a couple of hours. Best 1000$ ever spent. Info below:

OD: 4/27
4/27: Aug - Oct
6/2: 11/11 - 12/23
7/2: 10/14-12/9
8/4: 10/27-12/8
8/22: 10/27- 11/23
9/5 (changed color): 9/16-9/22 (and VIN)
I changed from msm to blue too but just because I think it looks wayyyy better. Got the vin as soon as I changed as well lol

Should I fill out my leasing application before getting a VIN? Does leaving the payment option as cash impact estimate delivery date?

Edit: also I'm interested in hearing what you all think - we are expecting a baby in Nov so we'll need a car for hospital trips, check-in etc. My Model 3 EDD is Nov - Dec which means it could totally come after the little one. I'm thinking of getting a rental in the short term and wait out until EDD. Any other options that you all think I should explore? Thank in advance!

According to my SA leaving the payment option as leasing does not affect the order date but when I had called tesla customer service they switched my payment option to cash that way it does not show the application process as "incomplete". Then when I received my VIN, my SA switched it back to lease so I could fill out the application. They say it doesn't affect it but I personally think it is best to switch to cash payment and then switch it back when you get your VIN.

In regards to rental have you thought about Turo? Not sure of your budget for rental but it is possibly a good option and you could rent a Tesla to get the feel. Just a thought.

Model 3 RWD/MSM/White/19"/No FSD/NJ
Estimated Delivery Date History:
04/26Order Date
05/30Aug 20 -- Nov 1
06/02Oct 1 -- Dec 1
06/15Oct 10 -- Nov 21
08/01Sep 4 -- Oct 9
08/20Sep 18 -- Oct 16Changed seats to white
08/26Sep 9 -- Sep 22
08/30Sep 14 -- Sep 17Got VIN
09/02Sep 14 -- Sep 17Got text departed factory

East coasters how long does it normally take to deliver a car to east coast from Freemont?

Has anyone ordered a wall charger in the last few weeks, and if so could you comment on shipping & delivery time? I ordered one this morning, but no delivery estimate was provided.

Too bad Tesla is not able to provide a rough delivery timeline when ordering products, the way most online retailers do. I find this strange and backwards given that they are a tech-focused company with a strong logistics capability.

Reactions: AYM707
Has anyone ordered a wall charger in the last few weeks, and if so could you comment on shipping & delivery time? I ordered one this morning, but no delivery estimate was provided.

Too bad Tesla is not able to provide a rough delivery timeline when ordering products, the way most online retailers do. I find this strange and backwards given that they are a tech-focused company with a strong logistics capability.
I ordered one 2 or 3 weeks ago and got it in less than 5 days. I'm in central CA

Reactions: Bricktopshog

I ordered Aug 26 with code and it was delivered by UPS on Sep 2nd. My guess is those with code take precedence over regular orders. After all if you have your car, you need to charge.

Cash usually moves the EDD up from what Ive heard. You can change it to financing once you get VIN, also wait to fill out loan apps because they expire.

re: your edit,
You don't have a car right now at all? And you might not have your car until after your baby is born?
No we don't own a car at all. I think I will be looking for short term rental like Turo or getaround while waiting.

According to my SA leaving the payment option as leasing does not affect the order date but when I had called tesla customer service they switched my payment option to cash that way it does not show the application process as "incomplete". Then when I received my VIN, my SA switched it back to lease so I could fill out the application. They say it doesn't affect it but I personally think it is best to switch to cash payment and then switch it back when you get your VIN.

In regards to rental have you thought about Turo? Not sure of your budget for rental but it is possibly a good option and you could rent a Tesla to get the feel. Just a thought.

Thank you. I was looking at Turo and other non-EV rental. That sounds like my best course of action right now.

Reactions: jacobvargas

I’m in QC Canada, ordered one using the promo code on Aug. 31. Got a “Shipped” email on Sept. 3 with a UPS tracking number, but when I check the tracking on ups, it just says label created with no estimated delivery date. I will keep you guys posted if anything changes in the coming days.