Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VIN today! Here are some data points:

Trade in text 09/06 (even though I dont have a trade in). On 09/08 I walked into Tesla to ask them to change my delivery location from Kansas City to Oklahoma City.
Woke up this morning to a VIN! FWIW no source code yesterday. No email or text even today. 350XXX.

Following the Reddit sub everyday for 3 months I can definitely say upgraded options do get VINs faster than basic builds (~90% of the time). Not because they prioritize them but because less people buy them. I.e. Hertz ordered a gazillion basic builds.

OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD (no trade-in, set to cash day 1, no changes)

06/01 EDD: SEPT to DEC
06/02 EDD: Oct 29 to DEC 24
06/14 EDD: Oct 11 to DEC 06
06/27 EDD: Oct 15 to NOV 26
08/01 EDD: SEPT 29 to NOV 03
08/11 EDD: OCT 15 to NOV 26
08/17 EDD: SEPT 18 to OCT 16
08/30 EDD: SEPT 19 to OCT 03
09/03 EDD: SEPT 18 to OCT 02
09/09 EDD: SEPT 11 to SEPT 16

Last edited:
I’m personally not going to cancel my mobile connector order. I’ll give them the chance to ship it nearer to my vehicle delivery or have it included with the car. I made a thread on this forum and a few people said that their connectors finally shipped once they got a delivery date.
I hope that’s true - but I’m afraid to chance it.

My OD was May 2nd, I paid for a Mobile Connector on May 2nd, and have heard nada from Tesla. How would I even go about finding out if it’s shipped? I called my local rep and they told me to email teslaorders.com, which I did. Crickets.

How do I request a refund?

My OD was May 2nd, I paid for a Mobile Connector on May 2nd, and have heard nada from Tesla. How would I even go about finding out if it’s shipped? I called my local rep and they told me to email teslaorders.com, which I did. Crickets.

wow, this is crap. 4 mos. and you have not received it yet? text/call Tesla.

i received my mobile connector today (about 10 days after putting in my order using the coupon code they sent). it comes with BOTH 14-50 and regular plug. i had previously purchased a 14-50 bc i didn't know it would come with one...so i have 2 now.

and i've decided to not install a 14-50 but rather go for the wall charger. it's just about $150 more to get a wall charger than install an industrial grade 14-50 with a GFCI breaker.

Trade in text 09/06 (even though I dont have a trade in). On 09/08 I walked into Tesla to ask them to change my delivery location from Kansas City to Oklahoma City.
Woke up this morning to a VIN! FWIW no source code yesterday. No email or text even today. 350XXX.

Following the Reddit sub everyday for 3 months I can definitely say upgraded options do get VINs faster than basic builds (~90% of the time). Not because they prioritize them but because less people buy them. I.e. Hertz ordered a gazillion basic builds.

OD: 6/1/22, RWD, White / Black / 19"/ no FSD (no trade-in, set to cash day 1, no changes)

Hey congrats! Appreciate the timeline! Which Reddit sub were you following? I need something else to obsess over 😂.

Woke up to a 2 Week Window!! OMG! It’s happening!
New EDD 9/24-10/8 Guess they’re making a push for end of Q3 sales; that’s what I was hoping for. Also got notification that my TeslaShields floormats have shipped today. I still don’t have my charging outlet installed in the garage; should be soon - hopefully next week.
Is there anything I need to do now or am I waiting for the text that says the car has left the factory?

wow, this is crap. 4 mos. and you have not received it yet? text/call Tesla.

i received my mobile connector today (about 10 days after putting in my order using the coupon code they sent). it comes with BOTH 14-50 and regular plug. i had previously purchased a 14-50 bc i didn't know it would come with one...so i have 2 now.

and i've decided to not install a 14-50 but rather go for the wall charger. it's just about $150 more to get a wall charger than install an industrial grade 14-50 with a GFCI breaker.
The RWD L2 wall charger negatives: Almost the same speed (saves one hour in an overnight charge), is more money and is not portable.

Positive: Looks cool.

This will be our 3rd Tesla & we’ve only ever used the portable charger the car came with.

Some data points:

6/01/22 (Order date) for M3, also ordered Mobile connector (both 5-15 and 14-50).
8/24/22 Got email from Tesla it's shipping. I went on Tesla.com onto my account and confirmed it did ship via UPS.
8/29/22 Received my Mobile connector
9/06/22 Trade in text received (even though im not doing a trade-in)
9/09/22 VIN received.

Hey congrats! Appreciate the timeline! Which Reddit sub were you following? I need something else to obsess over 😂.
r/TeslaModel3SRDelivery (RWD only)

r/TeslaModel3Delivery (RWD, LR, and P). IME there's so many P's and LR's here I just stay in the first link.

If you're just now joining reddit you'll never leave it, so many fun subreddit's (forums) on there. I joined for Tesla and now i'm on a multitude of things, Tennis, NBA, Airbnb, work stuff, planes, and a kajllion others lol.

• Love
Reactions: IndyGopher
r/TeslaModel3SRDelivery (RWD only)

r/TeslaModel3Delivery (RWD, LR, and P). IME there's so many P's and LR's here I just stay in the first link.

If you're just now joining reddit you'll never leave it, so many fun subreddit's (forums) on there. I joined for Tesla and now i'm on a multitude of things, Tennis, NBA, Airbnb, work stuff, planes, and a kajllion others lol.
Thank you! I'm a long time Reddit user, so I prolly shouldn't add another sub but I must lol!

Reactions: SuperKirby

😭 cries in early April order, with near exact build still waiting…

Congrats. I’m guessing you must have gotten a car someone else rejected, though.

Seeing all these June orders is making me so ready for my order to be delivered! OD 4/7/22 white/black/aero/no fsd, Knoxville center Considering upgrading color or interior to maybe make delivery faster... Currently have a 4 wk window Oct 22-Nov 26

Day 353 (Friday )..Delivery of my Model3 RWD MSM!!!😁Looks so much better than on the app! Halifax SA was really friendly despite my monthly rants.
Drives like no other car I've had before, and will soon set it to chill mode (can't afford to put new tires on every month). Autopilot likes to hug the centerline a little more than I'm used to, but I'll get used to that.
The included charger won't be here until Wednesday, but fortunately I bought one in mid-August.
Thanks to everyone out there for your support. It helped my sanity knowing that I wasn't alone. Hope these past few months mark the last of the year-long wait times.
Happy driving!

The RWD L2 wall charger negatives: Almost the same speed (saves one hour in an overnight charge), is more money and is not portable.

This will be our 3rd Tesla & we’ve only ever used the portable charger the car came with.
If you have to install a NEMA outlet for your Tesla because you don't already have one, then you may as well get a wall charger.
Nice to see people who order in June getting their vin. Hope July order will follow soon

Yeah buddy. I see June dates coming up with Vins!...my OD is Jun.15!
No delivery in sight for me... OD 6/12 white, black, aero, no FSD, central California and EDD still 11/12 - 12/22

And it’s with the wait. Presenting my new Tess. Picked up today with 8 miles on the odo and virtually flawless. I would say much nicer than my 2018 in many ways. She’s has every feature and detail expected. I55 days from order to delivery. I think I’ll keep her for a while.
C309D8D7-3BBD-4056-8EBA-0A6F785771D9.jpeg

If you have to install a NEMA outlet for your Tesla because you don't already have one, then you may as well get a wall charger.
I disagree. It’s really not worth it outside of visual appeal unless you drive enough on a daily basis to justify the slightly higher charge speeds (which most people do not). The tesla chargers also only works for Tesla’s which is useless if you ever purchase a different EV or a friend with a non tesla EV ever needs a charge. A nema outlet in your garage can also be useful for certain high powered tools or appliances.

That extra money upgrading to the tesla charger vs using a basic nema outlet could be used instead to drive many miles, buy floor mats, etc.

I disagree. It’s really not worth it outside of visual appeal unless you drive enough on a daily basis to justify the slightly higher charge speeds (which most people do not). The tesla chargers also only works for Tesla’s which is useless if you ever purchase a different EV or a friend with a non tesla EV ever needs a charge. A nema outlet in your garage can also be useful for certain high powered tools or appliances.

That extra money upgrading to the tesla charger vs using a basic nema outlet could be used instead to drive many miles, buy floor mats, etc.
Is there any big different between using the Nema outlet with Tesla mobile connector vs Tesla wall connector?

yeah, my friend does the same. I haven't made up my mind yet whether I'll do the wall charger. will see what mybchargimg needs are after a couple months and then decide. but I have decided that NEMA 14-50 will not be my L2 choice if/when I go that route.