Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my EDD was 9/07-9/11. got a call this morning to schedule delivery.

called Tesla...agent says, "soooo...it looks like your car is on island so we can schedule deliver for next week...OH...itʻs been prepped and itʻs ready. you can pick it up this weekend...OH, you live 15 minutes away, we can deliver it to your house...OH, looks like weʻre light tomorrow and can deliver it tomorrow afternoon. does that work?"

me: 🤯

so i guess iʻm getting my car tomorrow. metallic silver/black interior/19". no FSD. ordered 3/15

THIS is why you should plan in advance and get all your financing/insurance stuff ready as soon as you get that 4-day window...
Next call:
SA: Hey is your house the one by the hill?
Customer: Yes
SA: I'm outside.

I don't understand why most of people here saying that the mobile connector is out of stock? it's been in stock ever since I placed my order last Aug 18.......am I missing something?

I ordered my mobile connector on August 20th, and it hasn't shipped yet. On the other hand, I ordered a wall charger on Tuesday (two days ago), and it shipped the next day. The only logical conclusion is that the mobile connector is not in stock. People on the forums are stating that the mobile connector is in limited supply and being rationed for customers who are close to their delivery date (I can't confirm this).

Looks like the pack is assembled in Fremont:

So “at least 50% of the value of the battery’s components must have been manufactured or assembled in North America” looks to be true.
Assembled in the US but nothing regarding "50% of the value of the battery’s components" though. It can be 80% from China and still be assembled in the US.

I think what is happening is that the Mobile Connectors are/were being bought by folks who don't have a Tesla, or ordering multiple Mobile Connectors and then flipping them on eBay for a quick buck or two. So they wait to give them out when you pick up the car. Even if (like me) you have already paid for them. The problem is they seem to give you the old 'free' version without the 14-50 adaptor. I want the one I paid for, with the 14-50 adaptor.
I got an email just now with the coupon code for a free mobile adaptor or 200$ off of a wall charger. Since I already bought the wall charger I ordered the mobile one.

Interestingly, the email said this too: “Note: Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery.”

I ordered mine on 4/27…. 👏👏👏

Reactions: kaimanson
I don't understand why most of people here saying that the mobile connector is out of stock? it's been in stock ever since I placed my order last Aug 18.......am I missing something?
Well here is what happened to me:

June 12: order model 3, wall connector, and mobile connector
June 18: receive wall connector at my door
July: still no mobile connector
August: still no mobile connector
Sept 2: cancel mobile connector order and place new order
Sept 6: mobile connector shipping notification

Didn't see a waiting room for this yet.

Ordered SR+ (black/black/aero) on 3/3. Got a delivery appointment today for 3/28 in Cincinnati. We'll see if it holds.
Order SR M3 on April 30 and now have a Houston delivery center pickup Sept. 19 in the morning (I know that can move). Upgraded wheels, paint and white leather. The buying process was SO easy and I never left my house. BMW, Ford, etc. you'd better get your sh*t together. I may be waiting five months but I didn't sit in a dealership for three hours listening to someone sell me an extended bumper to bumper warranty with a 37 page exclusion list. Nor was I asked to pay with a check like it's 1968 (I paid all cash via Plaid).

Well here is what happened to me:

June 12: order model 3, wall connector, and mobile connector
June 18: receive wall connector at my door
July: still no mobile connector
August: still no mobile connector
Sept 2: cancel mobile connector order and place new order
Sept 6: mobile connector shipping notification

Can you tell us where you are in the delivery process for your Model 3? Have you received your vehicle yet?

My EDD is scheduled for between Nov 15 and Dec 27th, so I'm thinking that if I cancel my mobile connector order and re-order today, they may keep me at the back of the line until it's closer to my delivery date.

My scheduled delivery was set for tomorrow 9/9/22 at 1pm. Received a call yesterday from SA stating that car was ready for pick up. Left work early and was at tesla within the hour. Car checked out with no issues, still have 50 miles to check off anything I feel is out of spec. Came with matrix headlights and Hankook Kinergy tires. Headed to Discount Tire tomorrow to purchase their tire certificates!

Can you tell us where you are in the delivery process for your Model 3? Have you received your vehicle yet?

My EDD is scheduled for between Nov 15 and Dec 27th, so I'm thinking that if I cancel my mobile connector order and re-order today, they may keep me at the back of the line until it's closer to my delivery date.
I dont know what a mobile connector has to do with the EDD of your car.

But my OD was 6/12 and my current EDD is Nov 10- Dec 22. I changed to blue yesterday

Reactions: IndyGopher
There was a period for a few weeks about a month ago where on the website, the mobile connector that included the 14-50 NEMA adapter was “Out of Stock” and you could add your name to their email list to be notified when it came back into stock. Since it has come back into stock again, anyone has been able to order directly from the website - I ordered Aug 15th and it shipped Aug 18th. I ordered it because I was concerned that by the time my car is delivered in (fingers crossed) October, they would run out again. If you order a new Tesla right now and check the box for Mobile Connector, it says “Est Dec 2022”, which it said “Est Aug 2022” when I ordered my car in June, but I didn’t want to pay the $200 4 months ahead of delivery for then to hold it for me.

I dont know what a mobile connector has to do with the EDD of your car.

But my OD was 6/12 and my current EDD is Nov 10- Dec 22. I changed to blue yesterday

Well that makes two of us that don’t know what a mobile connector has to do with EDD. However, multiple forum users have speculated that, due to short supply, Tesla is deliberately shipping the connector *only* to users with an upcoming delivery in the near future.

I ordered my connector on August 20th and it hasn’t shipped yet. Others have ordered their connector well after me and have already received it. You ordered your connector on September 2nd and it has already shipped.

The question I’d like to answer is, “Why did you jump ahead of me in the order queue?” Another possible explanation is that if someone orders the connector alongside the car (as I did), perhaps Tesla only ships the connector as the car delivery date approaches. Maybe creating a separate, new order for a mobile connector prioritizes shipping as soon as possible? I’m only guessing here - Tesla hasn’t clarified this.

Last edited:
Well that makes two of us that don’t know what a mobile connector has to do with EDD. However, multiple forum users have speculated that, due to short supply, Tesla is deliberately shipping the connector *only* to users with an upcoming delivery in the near future.

I ordered my connector on August 20th and it hasn’t shipped yet. Others have ordered their connector well after me and have already received it. You ordered your connector on September 2nd and it has already shipped.

The question I’d like to answer is, “Why did you jump ahead of me in the order queue?” Another possible explanation is that if someone orders the connector alongside the car (as I did), perhaps Tesla only ships the connector as the car delivery date approaches. Maybe creating a separate, new order for a mobile connector prioritizes shipping as soon as possible? I’m only guessing here - Tesla hasn’t clarified this.
I see what you mean. Yeah that is strange. I guess a majority of people charge with a mobile connector versus a wall connector, so it makes a little more sense they want to conserve the hot item.

Reactions: Bricktopshog