Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You still have to authorized the transfer after linking your account to Plaid. Tesla cannot take your money. With that said, I submitted my payment in advance and didn't lose any leverage in the transaction. The delivery staff seemed indifferent about whether payment was made prior to or on the delivery date via plaid or certified check.

It is unproven, but I suspected those who submit their payment are expedited to a degree since lots of buyers try to game the system by saying they are cash buyers then switch to financing after they get their delivery date locked in.
For the Plaid payment, once I input the id and password, and selected an account, verified the account, and continued, I see a page of submitting the form with a big blue "confirm". If I hit the "confirm" then, Plaid will immediately withdraw the full amount? Thanks. The advisor texted me saying "it appears your vehicle has a tentative ETA for Jan 1st. Would you be open to taking an available inventory vehicle to secure delivery today". However when I checked the on-line inventory, I only saw two exact same specs vehicles coming soon to Bay Area and Sacramento. They aren't available yet. I doubt that these two are the ones to be picked up today. The advisor is not replying immediately to address the questions.

Last edited:
For the Plaid payment, once I input the id and password, and selected an account, verified the account, and continued, I see a page of submitting the form with a big blue "confirm". If I hit the "confirm" then, Plaid will immediately withdraw the full amount? Thanks. The advisor texted me saying "it appears your vehicle has a tentative ETA for Jan 1st. Would you be open to taking an available inventory vehicle to secure delivery today". However when I checked the on-line inventory, I only saw two exact same specs vehicles coming soon to Bay Area and Sacramento. They aren't available yet. I doubt that these two are the ones to be picked up today. The advisor is not replying immediately to address the questions.
Sounds stressful. In Musk's leaked email to employees, he asked them to do everything possible to get deliveries done by midnight. He said every single one will matters. I wonder if they are remaining open until 12am.

Inventory or not, everyone is saying that the build quality of RWD has improved to near perfect.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorEV
Tell the advisor that you will accept a free upgrade (in color and wheels) for the same price. They might be able to do something.

• Helpful
Reactions: Harry.K.Chu
For the Plaid payment, once I input the id and password, and selected an account, verified the account, and continued, I see a page of submitting the form with a big blue "confirm". If I hit the "confirm" then, Plaid will immediately withdraw the full amount? s.

I had two model 3s on the last step (accept delivery) with the Plaid payment step completed on both. I didn't see either in my bank account, and one was there for two days. I was then able to cancel one of the 3 through Tesla. I don't think the payment actual starts until you accept delivery.

Sounds stressful. In Musk's leaked email to employees, he asked them to do everything possible to get deliveries done by midnight. He said every single one will matters. I wonder if they are remaining open until 12am.

Inventory or not, everyone is saying that the build quality of RWD has improved to near perfect.
Turned out that vehicle is ready to be picked up at 8pm at Fremont. So we will be there to pick it up. The adviser said they open till midnight tonight. Hope everything could go smoothly.

Last edited:
Turned out that vehicle is ready to be picked up at 8pm at Fremont. So we will be there to pick it up. The adviser said they open till midnight tonight. Hope everything could go smoothly.
Thank goodness. 😅

Take some pictures of Fremont for us if you can. The last time I recall them pushing this hard was 2019 when Musk and his mother were volunteering to help with deliveries at Fremont.

Picked up my RWD today at Vallejo. Had a 1PM appointment but showed up close to 3 after someone from Tesla told me a few days ago that as long as I show up after my time, it should be ok. Had brought a cashier's check (my credit union said it's the same as a certified check) and told the Tesla rep I'd like to look at the outside first before paying. The outside looked fine although it was drizzling so didn't really spend that much time on it, paid and got in the car and the inside was good, but there were smudges in several places on the seats, 1 blue/red smudge on the lower left part of the seat (around where the seat controls are) doesn't seem to wipe off with water, not sure if it's worth doing a service visit.

They were busy but not ridiculously so, there weren't many places to park for customers as there were were lots of cars staged. Very simple process. Very happy with the car so far!
Seems like I can't edit older messages. Just want to point out that today the red/blue smudge on the seat came off with some more wiping so I officially have no real complaints about the quality (aside from the grease smudges in general).

Here's my 18 wheels with the covers off, I think it actually looks nice in an edgy way without the center cap but currently looking for center caps. I don't like the new style ones from Tesla.

Attachments

• PXL_20221231_181719833.jpg
    PXL_20221231_181719833.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Helpful
Thank goodness. 😅

Take some pictures of Fremont for us if you can. The last time I recall them pushing this hard was 2019 when Musk and his mother were volunteering to help with deliveries at Fremont.
Got the vehicle and left the site around 9:30pm. Lots of people waiting there. Thanks for all the suggestions here. We are parking at a hotel garage tonight and saw some TurboDock chargers here. When I installed the App and tried to charge the car, it asked the 4-digit PIN which I don't have. I could not find a way to register the App to get the PIN and the hotel front desk does not know the PIN. Does someone have experience with this ? Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_5826.JPG
    IMG_5826.JPG
    594.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5823.JPG
    IMG_5823.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 106
Got the vehicle and left the site around 9:30pm. Lots of people waiting there. Thanks for all the suggestions here. We are parking at a hotel garage tonight and saw some TurboDock chargers here. When I installed the App and tried to charge the car, it asked the 4-digit PIN which I don't have. I could not find a way to register the App to get the PIN and the hotel front desk does not know the PIN. Does someone have experience with this ? Many thanks.
Congrats on the car and thanks for the pictures.

As to the chargers in the garage, is there someone else who shares the garage like a company? It's odd the hotel wouldn't know the PIN. You could check plugshare to check people's comments. Or worst case, try 1111 or 1234 etc.

Congrats on the car and thanks for the pictures.

As to the chargers in the garage, is there someone else who shares the garage like a company? It's odd the hotel wouldn't know the PIN. You could check plugshare to check people's comments. Or worst case, try 1111 or 1234 etc.
Thanks! Tried some possible PIN codes but did not work. I will go find supercharger stations today. There are two stickers with car VIN and other information on the wind shield. Are they supposed to be left there before installing the plates from DMV?

I ordered a 2023 M3 RWD from inventory on 12/23. Got VIN assigned and had an original delivery date of today (12/28). Delivery date was then pushed to 12/30 and now they’re saying they may not have it until 1/1. Based on my text messages with Tesla Delivery, it does not sound like they will honor the $7,500 referral credit after 12/31. This feels like bait and switch because it seemed like the car was in inventory when I ordered it, but now I may lose the $7,500 credit. I’m aware that it may be possible to get this in the form of a tax credit, but I wanted it up front and that’s why I chose something out of inventory. Does anyone have any experience/advice to share?
My delivery date was pushed from 12/28 to 12/30, then to 1/3, then to 1/9, and now a window of 1/7-1/16. There was no way I would have gotten any M3 RWD with the EOY discount even if I picked one from inventory it as soon as it was announced. I very much feel misled by Tesla on this, but will likely proceed with purchase as we're committed to going full EV. Not sure what went wrong with transport though.

My delivery date was pushed from 12/28 to 12/30, then to 1/3, then to 1/9, and now a window of 1/7-1/16. There was no way I would have gotten any M3 RWD with the EOY discount even if I picked one from inventory it as soon as it was announced. I very much feel misled by Tesla on this, but will likely proceed with purchase as we're committed to going full EV. Not sure what went wrong with transport though.
At least you got a VIN #. I placed my order on 12/22 hoping to get in on the sale, and I still haven’t heard anything from Tesla, other than the fact that my mobile charger is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. I’m disappointed in myself for being so prideful. I purposely waited to put my order in because I didn’t want to miss out on the $7,500 tax credit. As soon as they announced the $7,500 credit along with the 10,000 free SC miles I put my order in. I had contacted our SA the day the $3,750 credit came out and asked if there were any M3 on the island. That was weeks ago, and the SA still hasn’t responded. I was waiting to hear back from him because I wanted him to get credit for making the sale, but I finally pulled the trigger when the credit increased to $7,500. I’m a little upset with the SA because he told me not to place an order until the very end of the year in order to make sure I could get the tax credit. He never even contacted me to let me know about the end of the year incentives from Tesla. I learned about the credits from this site.
I have a feeling Tesla will lower the price of the M3 and MY, so I’m tempted to cancel my order, but then again… who knows… I could be wrong. I’m just disappointed that I missed out on the end of year deal.

At least you got a VIN #. I placed my order on 12/22 hoping to get in on the sale, and I still haven’t heard anything from Tesla, other than the fact that my mobile charger is on its way and should arrive tomorrow. I’m disappointed in myself for being so prideful. I purposely waited to put my order in because I didn’t want to miss out on the $7,500 tax credit. As soon as they announced the $7,500 credit along with the 10,000 free SC miles I put my order in. I had contacted our SA the day the $3,750 credit came out and asked if there were any M3 on the island. That was weeks ago, and the SA still hasn’t responded. I was waiting to hear back from him because I wanted him to get credit for making the sale, but I finally pulled the trigger when the credit increased to $7,500. I’m a little upset with the SA because he told me not to place an order until the very end of the year in order to make sure I could get the tax credit. He never even contacted me to let me know about the end of the year incentives from Tesla. I learned about the credits from this site.
I have a feeling Tesla will lower the price of the M3 and MY, so I’m tempted to cancel my order, but then again… who knows… I could be wrong. I’m just disappointed that I missed out on the end of year deal.
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble getting the M3 you wanted in Hawaii. In my situation, I ordered a car out of inventory instead of customizing because I thought the car was readily available for delivery. Unfortunately, the car has been in transit ever since I placed my order on 12/23. Also, depending on your income and tax liability for 2023, you may still be eligible for a $7,500 tax credit from the IRS if you get your car before March. As of January 1st, Tesla became eligible for the EV tax credit again, but only for certain models. In March, the Treasury is expected to announce the eligibility for battery sourcing which may negatively impact the tax credit for certain cars. You may want to seek advice from a CPA if you want to determine your own eligibility.