Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered MSM M3 yesterday, 1/2/23, after reading an article that said now’s a good time to purchase a Tesla M3 SR or MY. It stated that from January to March while the applicable governmental department solidifies the rules, we’re in a grace period where the battery source isn’t taken into account. Hope the article is accurate. I did check out the IRS website and Tesla M3 SR currently is eligible for the (up to) $7500 tax back.
Currently my delivery window is Jan-Feb

Reactions: MacO512
I put my order in for a Model 3 SR on Dec 22nd and got my home charger (about a week later) and now my app says estimated delivery Jan 7th-21st. I'm located close to Dallas, Texas. Will update once they contact me with a VIN.. nothing yet.
I ordered a M3 on 12/22 with an expected delivery in December.
My mobile charger arrived yesterday, and according to my Tesla account my delivery is still expected in December 2022 even though it’s already January 4th.

• Funny
Reactions: MacO512
Placed an order 12/11/22 (black model 3 RWD) and few days later the EDD was 12/26-12/31. The VIN number was there already and little later preliminary registration number. But no delivery.

EDD changed in the beginning of the year to 01/02-01/10. Then every day after that to 01/03-01/15 and right now it is 01/20-02/03.

Doesn’t feel fair since I had to do my part in this tight schedule (down payment, insurance and other additional costs in case the delivery would have happened in Dec). Would have been happy to just wait longer instead.

Is it possible that delivery date just keeps moving forward or is it actually pretty close?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230104_190032_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20230104_190032_Tesla.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Tomkat
I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having trouble getting the M3 you wanted in Hawaii. In my situation, I ordered a car out of inventory instead of customizing because I thought the car was readily available for delivery. Unfortunately, the car has been in transit ever since I placed my order on 12/23. Also, depending on your income and tax liability for 2023, you may still be eligible for a $7,500 tax credit from the IRS if you get your car before March. As of January 1st, Tesla became eligible for the EV tax credit again, but only for certain models. In March, the Treasury is expected to announce the eligibility for battery sourcing which may negatively impact the tax credit for certain cars. You may want to seek advice from a CPA if you want to determine your own eligibility.
Basically need 300k or less AGI if joint (150k single) in either 2022 or 2023 with 7500 tax liability in 2023 and you qualify. I am a CPA but don't work with taxes.

401k deduction might be able to reduce AGI if your close to limits.

Ordered MSM M3 yesterday, 1/2/23, after reading an article that said now’s a good time to purchase a Tesla M3 SR or MY. It stated that from January to March while the applicable governmental department solidifies the rules, we’re in a grace period where the battery source isn’t taken into account. Hope the article is accurate. I did check out the IRS website and Tesla M3 SR currently is eligible for the (up to) $7500 tax back.
Currently my delivery window is Jan-Feb
Your statement sounds correct.

I placed an order for a M3SR. My EDD says Jan-Feb. A Tesla Chat advisor on the website told me my vehicle will enter production within the next few days and I'll have a VIN within next week. Meanwhile, other advisors state there's a 60% chance I'll have it before February. Don't know who to believe...

I placed an order for a M3SR. My EDD says Jan-Feb. A Tesla Chat advisor on the website told me my vehicle will enter production within the next few days and I'll have a VIN within next week. Meanwhile, other advisors state there's a 60% chance I'll have it before February. Don't know who to believe...

At the point they give you the VIN for your car, it usually leaves Fremont within the week and should arrive at your local delivery center within one to two weeks depending where you are located. The delivery center usually requires a few days to test, quality check, and detail the car. You will be given a three day window to schedule your pickup. They tend to be pretty strict with that delivery window.

There is always the possibility of delays in transport.

Reactions: RayzorEV
At the point they give you the VIN for your car, it usually leaves Fremont within the week and should arrive at your local delivery center within one to two weeks depending where you are located. The delivery center usually requires a few days to test, quality check, and detail the car. You will be given a three day window to schedule your pickup. They tend to be pretty strict with that delivery window.

There is always the possibility of delays in transport.
Thanks! My EDD updated last night to January 16-30th. Hoping it's accurate!

The M3 RWD I ordered out of "inventory" on 12/23 has been in transit ever since. It's been in TN for at least a week as of today. I'm not sure what the hold up is. My delivery is scheduled for the end of next week in GA, but I'll believe it when it happens. Tesla has already postponed my delivery a few times. Will provide regular updates here until I take delivery.

The M3 RWD I ordered out of "inventory" on 12/23 has been in transit ever since. It's been in TN for at least a week as of today. I'm not sure what the hold up is. My delivery is scheduled for the end of next week in GA, but I'll believe it when it happens. Tesla has already postponed my delivery a few times. Will provide regular updates here until I take delivery.
Safe to presume that the transportation around an out-of-state inventory car falls outside of their business-as-usual logistics pipeline. So all bets are off. Sounds like they will have to eat the cost of a tow truck driver delivering your car to Georgia on a flatbed.

You might have to push them to get the deal closed.

Last edited:
Safe to presume that the transportation around an out-of-state inventory car falls outside of their business-as-usual logistics pipeline. So all bets are off. Sounds like they will have to eat the cost of a tow truck driver delivering your car to Georgia on a flatbed.

You might have to push them to get the deal closed.
I don't know where the car was located when I ordered it on 12/23, but it did make its way to AL before getting stuck in TN. I've been pushing and have received zero apologies. They keep telling me the car is in transit.

Just curious, how did you tell where your inventory car is/was located?

Ordered a M3 RWD on 12/24 then on 1/1 was offered to switch to an inventory car of a different color with a vin already assigned for faster delivery. That's what I did and since then, the estimate has been 1/15 - 23.

I live in a city with a service center but I assume it wasn't already located there or I'd have heard by now. Haven't had any communications beyond the standard fill out your info in the app notifications.

Of course I should be patient and wait until at least the 15th before I do any digging.

I don't know where the car was located when I ordered it on 12/23, but it did make its way to AL before getting stuck in TN. I've been pushing and have received zero apologies. They keep telling me the car is in transit.
When you found the car in inventory, did you use your home zip code? I'm in California but if I was to order an inventory car in New York (by using a NY zip code), it would tell me it's available to pick up at the local NY location. How did you get it to be shipped?