Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably not many have done this. But I ordered a Model Y LR and had a delivery date of 2/17 (today). I took another test drive on 2/13 and I didn't care for it. The ride seem too jittery for me. Plus, the large amount of money for only driving 5000-6000 mile a year seemed excessive. So, I cancelled my order on 2/14.

I owned a 2019 M3 but sold it last spring for $5000 more than what I paid for it. I bought my wife a KIA EV6 (she absolutely luvs it). I was going to buy a used Santa Fe but kind of missed my Model3 rwd. So, I called up my rep who helped me with my MY. He found one near me and promised that he can have it delivered before March 1st. I put in a purchase order and EDD is 2/18 - 2/25. That means I get the $7500 tax credit plus it qualifies for the State $2500. Total cost with tax and tags is $35,800. That is an incredible out the door price for a Tesla.

I feel really good about my decision.

Name will be Tessietoo

Probably not many have done this. But I ordered a Model Y LR and had a delivery date of 2/17 (today). I took another test drive on 2/13 and I didn't care for it. The ride seem too jittery for me. Plus, the large amount of money for only driving 5000-6000 mile a year seemed excessive. So, I cancelled my order on 2/14.

I owned a 2019 M3 but sold it last spring for $5000 more than what I paid for it. I bought my wife a KIA EV6 (she absolutely luvs it). I was going to buy a used Santa Fe but kind of missed my Model3 rwd. So, I called up my rep who helped me with my MY. He found one near me and promised that he can have it delivered before March 1st. I put in a purchase order and EDD is 2/18 - 2/25. That means I get the $7500 tax credit plus it qualifies for the State $2500. Total cost with tax and tags is $35,800. That is an incredible out the door price for a Tesla.

I feel really good about my decision.

Name will be Tessietoo
How is tax/tags so low? 42990 - 10000 = 32990 + (42990 * 0.075) for tax = 36200 at a minimum.

Hey All, I'm new here, new to tesla. Took my first test drive in a model 3 on tursday this week. I was hooked right away. I was told there was two avaliable for sale on the lot that day and if I ordered I could pick it up next day. I placed the order for that avaliable vehicle, seconds later I got the Vin number, but it says expected delivery is now Feb- Match 9th. Called tesla and they said the car I was buying was sold an hour before I placed the order but I would get the next one which arrives in the next couple of days. The issue I have now is will I qualify for the tax stamp of 7500? I hear in March the tax stamp goes away. Not sure what exact day. Praying I get it. Did anyone else get it, what's the process?

Hi everyone ! First post here !
I bought a M3 31st January and delivery in Europe is expected 14 to 26 March.

I just wanted to check my thinking here. I should probably wait until the announcements on the 1st of March before making any cancellation decision. My gut feel is that the HW4 refresh will be announced with minor design tweaks that will only really be useful for parking since I don’t have USS (and if you don’t care about FSD). However I suspect the price will increase to give again healthier margins since production costs would also go down thanks to Project Highland. Also I think M3 has never been cheaper if you take into account recent inflation! So I really think pricing will go up. Would you agree?

I guess my other question is: How much is too much for a price increase? I’m tempted to say that if the new HW4 M3 increases by less than $4k, I should probably cancel my M3 HW3 (with no USS) and immediately order a new one hoping for a June delivery. (By the way I live in a country where there is no financial incentive, so no threshold to be under to benefit from incentives).

Let me know what you guys think! Thank you!
Why do you need HW4 for parking? They have said already that for current models that Vision will replace the uss sensors. HW4 is primary use is for ssd

Because HW4 is likely to come with front facing cameras on the bumper and lights, and potentially radar. That eliminates the blind spot currently experienced with HW3 with its front cameras on the windshield.
I don't believe there will be additional cameras but Vision will work similar to what a human perceives. You see an obstacle. As you move your view things do get obscured but you remember the area and objects. Vision will work the same. As you pull in to a spot it remember everything in front of it and its distance

Last edited:
I don't believe there will be additional cameras but Vision will work similar to what a human perceives. You see an obstacle. As you move your view things do get obscured but you remember the area and objects. Vision will work the same. As you pull in to a spot it remember everything in front of it and its distance
That’s all well and good until you’re in a car park where the obstacles previously there have changed and vice versa… e.g. no cars next to you or in front when you came in, but then surrounded by cars when you get out 1 hour later.

Hello, # 1 poster here !!!

For a model 3 RWD, I can choose either white or Silver Metallic at no charge, correct?
How is the white color interior? (White on White) or Silver on White ?

If I start the order process today, I am cover for the 7500 fed rebate, IFF I get the car by 3/23 ?

For a model 3 RWD, I can choose either white or Silver Metallic at no charge, correct?

If I start the order process today, I am cover for the 7500 fed rebate, IFF I get the car by 3/23 ?
MSM is $1000 again. It was free for a while but then back to costing money to have that color.

The Fed rebate of $7500 ends March 1st. No one knows yet what will be the rebate amount on the 1st

Ordered my "inventory" model 3 on Saturday 2/18. It was already "en route" to my local service center, scheduled to be delivered on 2/25. My appointment to pick up is on 2/27. Thats cutting it really close to March 1st. Anyone have any delay issues with inventory deliveries being delayed? I already hav a vin and the car was built before I ordered.

My M3 RWD is still no VIN... but the delivery time indicated on web page (even for orders placed now) seems to be the same, Feb-Mar.
How much can tesla be trusted?
ODD: 9th Feb
EDD: Feb-Mar
Specs: M3 RWD Perl white/18inch Aero/Black interior/no FSD
I wouldn’t rely on the estimated delivery date until you have a VIN.

My EDD has changed 10 times ever since I’ve placed my order last month. It’s gone from March 30th to days away and back to March again lol