Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Saturday scheduled appointment but my delivery coordinator called today and told me they had just unloaded my SR+ off the truck and asked if I'd like to get it today. I said absolutely and raced over to get it after work. The car was in perfect condition, with no paint defects, panel gaps or any other issues I could detect with a pretty thorough inspection before I left. No detectable rattles on the way home.

Please let me know what questions you might have, but here were some surprises:
  • I only bought AP (for $3k), not FSD. Nonetheless, my car seems to have summon mode and it looked like I had a navigate on autopilot option. No idea whether this is a temporary demo or not. Also, while the car had 9.0 installed, it stated it had an update to install, which I am running now. No idea whether that will take anything away once that update completes.
  • While traffic is not displayed on the navigation, I do have satellite maps. It does appear to use traffic to route as expected.
  • Despite guidance of 20-60 miles needed for camera calibration, my AP started working after about 10 miles. I think it helped that was I was sitting in traffic for most of those 10 miles, so that gave the cameras about 25-30 minutes to calibrate.
  • Someone asked about dog mode and sentry mode, I think. I verified I have them both.
  • Sound system sounded good. What questions do people have about it, I will try to answer them?

I'm pretty sure SR+ has the phone charger/storage area. Does it have the USB plugs in the back of the console for the back seat passengers?

Anything in your account show you could upgrade to traffic information or streaming music? I know it's been stated before that is going to be a yearly fee for new Model S and X vehicles. Don't know why they wouldn't let us purchase the upgrade if it's all software. Unless it doesn't have LTE.

Also... my VIN just showed up with an appointment for Monday XD

I had a Saturday scheduled appointment but my delivery coordinator called today and told me they had just unloaded my SR+ off the truck and asked if I'd like to get it today. I said absolutely and raced over to get it after work. The car was in perfect condition, with no paint defects, panel gaps or any other issues I could detect with a pretty thorough inspection before I left. No detectable rattles on the way home.

• I only bought AP (for $3k), not FSD. Nonetheless, my car seems to have summon mode and it looked like I had a navigate on autopilot option. No idea whether this is a temporary demo or not. Also, while the car had 9.0 installed, it stated it had an update to install, which I am running now. No idea whether that will take anything away once that update completes.
  • While traffic is not displayed on the navigation, I do have satellite maps. It does appear to use traffic to route as expected.
  • Despite guidance of 20-60 miles needed for camera calibration, my AP started working after about 10 miles. I think it helped that was I was sitting in traffic for most of those 10 miles, so that gave the cameras about 25-30 minutes to calibrate.
  • Someone asked about dog mode and sentry mode, I think. I verified I have them both.
  • Sound system sounded good. What questions do people have about it, I will try to answer them?

Have you noted any visible difference with Premium interior?
Also, do you know how many speakers and if the subwoofer is there?

Reactions: J-Ho

Thanks for doing a Q&A!

Any badging on the rear of the car?
What is the total vehicle weight (inside sticker in driver door sill)?
Floor mats included?
Homelink button still available for garage opening through the screen?
Is there a subwoofer included (bass from trunk)?

Thanks!!!

Awesome I’m so jealous. Where do you live? When did you order the sr+? Reservation? How much battery charge do you get on delivery?

I'll try to answer everyone's questions below. I have to run out to the car to check a few things, so I'll follow up on them in another response:

Anything in your account show you could upgrade to traffic information or streaming music? I know it's been stated before that is going to be a yearly fee for new Model S and X vehicles. Don't know why they wouldn't let us purchase the upgrade if it's all software. Unless it doesn't have LTE.

No options in my account nor that I could find in the interface. The car definitely has LTE, though.

Auto retracting side mirrors? Yes
What (if any) floor mats are present? None
Where are the USB charge ports? 2 up front and 2 for rear? Definitely 2 in the front, will check in rear in a minute.
Have you noted any visible difference with Premium interior? No. Now, it's been a little while since I sat in the premium 3, but everything seems the same in terms of trim, wood on the dash, etc. It appears to be exactly the same to my eye.
Is there a subwoofer included (bass from trunk)? Doesn't appear to be. I cranked the music pretty loud on the drive home and while the audio was good, I did not feel a subwoofer at all. I will run out and double check, though.

I'll hit everything else in a few minutes.

I'll try to answer everyone's questions below. I have to run out to the car to check a few things, so I'll follow up on them in another response:

No options in my account nor that I could find in the interface. The car definitely has LTE, though.

Auto retracting side mirrors? Yes
What (if any) floor mats are present? None
Where are the USB charge ports? 2 up front and 2 for rear? Definitely 2 in the front, will check in rear in a minute.
Have you noted any visible difference with Premium interior? No. Now, it's been a little while since I sat in the premium 3, but everything seems the same in terms of trim, wood on the dash, etc. It appears to be exactly the same to my eye.
Is there a subwoofer included (bass from trunk)? Doesn't appear to be. I cranked the music pretty loud on the drive home and while the audio was good, I did not feel a subwoofer at all. I will run out and double check, though.

I'll hit everything else in a few minutes.

Awesome. I got same as you, so maybe ill call my delivery spot tomorrow to see if they have an update (massachusetts). Can you check after update about your AP. Curious if it stayed after update and also if you have lane change. I ordered the 3k AP too but I know its not supposed to have Lane change. Also on the Tesla FAQ, it says the premium option of $99 will be offered later this year for us.

My wife and I ordered our second Model 3 the evening of March 1. SR+, Deep Blue Metallic, Autopilot. Just today the website is updated with our VIN (299285) and a delivery appointment for Monday morning. Great timing as we're turning in a 2016 ICE lease on the 21st.

Ok, here are some more answers:

Speakers: I counted 6. Four in the front (two above seats, two in the doors) and two in the rear (in the doors). I'm not sure about the subwoofer, which I realize seems ridiculous. I put on some music, popped the trunk and it did seem to be generating some bass, but I could have just been picking up vibrations from the other speakers. It wasn't over the top bass. Now, it was also 8:45 PM at night, parked outside my condo building, so I really didn't crank it or turn up the bass as I was trying to be nice to my neighbors. :)

After the update, I still had all on my AP features, including navigate on autopilot and summon. Does Tesla ever offer these as a limited time demo? I tried out summon and it worked perfectly, but I'm surprised to have these, particularly navigate on AP which was moved to the FSD package.

No badging on the rear of the car.

GVWR is 4541 lbs. 2447 front, 2771 rear.

No homelink as far as I could see. The icon is not on the top of the screen and I searched in vain for some sort of option for it in the menu, but couldn't find anything.

Had 164 miles of range at pickup. They had it on a destination charger in one of the bays.

There are two rear USB ports, in addition to two in the front.

And I did confirm fart mode is still present and functional :D

I live in Washington, DC, picked up from Tyson's Corner, VA. The car is midnight gray with standard (aero) wheels, black interior and autopilot. They said when they pulled my car off the truck, it was the first SR+ they'd ever seen. I was a reservation holder, but canceled my reservation back in November. So I bought the 3 without a reservation but no idea if having held one at one point got me some sort of priority.

I'll tell you what though, this is a MAJOR step up from a Leaf!

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was dark by the time I got home, so I don't have much in the way of interior pictures, but here are a few in reference to specific requests. Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was pretty dark!

IMG_3953.jpgIMG_3955.jpgIMG_3956.jpg

Speakers: I counted 6. Four in the front (two above seats, two in the doors) and two in the rear (in the doors). I'm not sure about the subwoofer, which I realize seems ridiculous. I put on some music, popped the trunk and it did seem to be generating some bass, but I could have just been picking up vibrations from the other speakers. It wasn't over the top bass. Now, it was also 8:45 PM at night, parked outside my condo building, so I really didn't crank it or turn up the bass as I was trying to be nice to my neighbors. :)

After the update, I still had all on my AP features, including navigate on autopilot and summon. Does Tesla ever offer these as a limited time demo? I tried out summon and it worked perfectly, but I'm surprised to have these, particularly navigate on AP which was moved to the FSD package.

No homelink as far as I could see. The icon is not on the top of the screen and I searched in vain for some sort of option for it in the menu, but couldn't find anything.

Had 164 miles of range at pickup. They had it on a destination charger in one of the bays.

I live in Washington, DC, picked up from Tyson's Corner, VA. The car is midnight gray with standard (aero) wheels, black interior and autopilot. They said when they pulled my car off the truck, it was the first SR+ they'd ever seen. I was a reservation holder, but canceled my reservation back in November. So I bought the 3 without a reservation but no idea if having held one at one point got me some sort of priority.

Let me know if you have any other questions. It was dark by the time I got home, so I don't have much in the way of interior pictures, but here are a few in reference to specific requests. Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was pretty dark!

View attachment 385862View attachment 385863View attachment 385864

if you go to your tesla account and click manage...can you upgrade to FSD?

View attachment 385862View attachment 385863View attachment 385864

Oh and here's the rear of the car in response to the question about badging.

You are a gentleman and a scholar, thank you for answering everyone’s questions. Tomorrow can’t come soon enough!

I took the MR offer (white ext, black int, autopilot, 18") which was the exact same specs as my SR+ order. The sales center discounted the paint and almost 500 for it being a 2018 build and the grand total was a bit more than 500 than my SR+ build. The paperwork shows 9 miles. You should check if there are any other options in inventory that you would be happy with. I'm planning on holding onto this for 8+ years so the difference in re-sell would be minimal for me and I definitely like the premium interior's sound system.
How did you bring up that you were willing to take an inventory car? I kinda want grey but don’t want to pay for it and I definitely wouldn’t mind a midrange vs standard

How did you bring up that you were willing to take an inventory car? I kinda want grey but don’t want to pay for it and I definitely wouldn’t mind a midrange vs standard

Like a couple others did, I walked into my local tesla showroom and talked to a sales associate during the weekend. I mentioned I have a SR+ order and contemplating moving up to a MR. I believe their may be a overstock of them as Q1 was probably slow due to the tax cut. They seem to have pretty much checked out with their commissions being cut and all. They found an inventory car that I was happy with. Getting the adjustments finalized sort of a pain with the sales associate not really caring and all, but a couple phone calls sorted it all out. Taking delivery on Thursday.

Reactions: SmartElectric