Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The expected delivery date is not reliable. They keep changing from time to time, it gives us no hope but disappointed.

I ordered on Oct 30, expected delivery 6 - 9 weeks
Nov 11 account show Dec 5 - 26
Nov 23 account show Nov 24 - Dec 12
Nov 25 account show Dec 12 - 31
Text received today (Nov 25) expected delivery date 3 - 5 weeks. I don’t understand what factors will cause them so many changes?

Back in September, my SA told me exactly this, he said if you don’t buy now, you will get your car in December. First two months of the quarter are focused on export and last quarter orders of the local market. That means they will effectively start producing US cars end of October and will have a big rush for December delivery. During this time they will also start making inventory vehicles so the lucky ones ordering in December may get a car within a week (based on where they are)

I am without car for almost a month now. Good that I am working from home otherwise this could have been a complete disaster and I might have purchased a used one or a new ICE

I ordered on Oct 30, expected delivery 6 - 9 weeks
Nov 11 account show Dec 5 - 26
Nov 23 account show Nov 24 - Dec 12
Nov 25 account show Dec 12 - 31
Text received today (Nov 25) expected delivery date 3 - 5 weeks. I don’t understand what factors will cause them so many changes?

Tesla builds cars in batches (of one type and color).

For example, lets say they are scheduled to build red cars with white interior next week. But the white seats don't show up (on time). Then Tesla makes a quick change to a different configuration with the parts they have on hand. Or they might receive a large number of additional orders for more white cars (which they are currently building). So they extend the build for another week or two.

That is why those delivery estimates are always changing. Tesla is always optimizing the production to produce the most cars every quarter.

It is best to ignore those text messages. The only important one is the request to schedule the date and time of your pick up.

Tesla should really be ashamed of themselves for preety much running a monopoly like apple. Seriously, promising delivery within 4-6 weeks and extending it for 2 months. People have to plan things and unlike most people, some people just have 1 car in their family and living without a car for months and months hoping their car would be delivered soon is just not cool omn the part of tesla.

Tesla should really be ashamed of themselves for preety much running a monopoly like apple. Seriously, promising delivery within 4-6 weeks and extending it for 2 months. People have to plan things and unlike most people, some people just have 1 car in their family and living without a car for months and months hoping their car would be delivered soon is just not cool omn the part of tesla.
Right, I have been waiting since the first week of October, at the bare minimum they could provide a accurate time frame of when we should get our car so we can plan ahead.

+1 .. After waiting for 6 weeks for delivery, I am this close to cancel the delivery and buy the used one. There is still no clarity on when I will get the car.

Reactions: Maan
+1 .. After waiting for 6 weeks for delivery, I am this close to cancel the delivery and buy the used one. There is still no clarity on when I will get the car.

Exactly. I don't mind waiting for the car if they tell me a proper time frame when my car will be delivered. Sold my car, 2 weeks ago because my delivery date was nov 10-12. Now, it's 4-6 weeks away. Now, I have to rent a car for a month and thats going to cost me extra 700 dollars.

Cool. Here is exactly what I'm talking about!

Do the brake lights light up like this?

Enk_ngxUYAsFVkL

Enk_q3oVcAE-nm6

Here it is. Looks like just one line. Not sure if it would have been different if it was in drive though...
FB4552A8-EB5E-4D70-995B-4AB20B6A4A55.jpeg