Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/9 SR+, White, Black Interior, no FSD. Like everyone else my delivery dates have been all over the place - as early as end of May to as late as end of June. Currently 6/14 to 6/24 with no VIN. Seems like STL area is moving more slowly than other spots in the east and west.

I am buying my M3 SR with trade in , i got almost $1,500 more offer from somewhere , what happens if i cancel my trade in and sell it to another place . Is there anybody who has ran through this process?
I haven't gone through it completely, but I did cancel my trade after the final offer and it simply disappeared from my order, no big fuss. Tesla just increased their offer so I am back to trading it in with them. You may have already considered this but if you trade in you will get a sales tax savings as well (by lowing the taxable amount) vs. selling it elsewhere.

I'm in the middle of the process with Carvana and will be getting $4590 in equity

Carmax had not even come close to the offer of Carvana

I'd 100% go after it if you can get that, the used Car Market is crazy right now
I sold my previous car to Carvana after seeing they offered me $4k more than CarMax was offering. The process was also super smooth. It was also my first time selling to them. They stuck to their quoted offer. Definitely recommend!

Reactions: mdanieltech
Blue/Black, aero wheels, no FSD, ordered April 21st. Still no VIN or teslavision acceptance and my EDD keeps getting pushed back :( currently it’s 6/13-6/22.
Hang in there... I ordered 4/10 and got my VIN last week and delivery is scheduled for 6/3. My SA said they got a big delivery 5/27 (Naperville) and it was taking them time to inspect and assign delivery dates. Not sure how often they get delivery but you could be on the next lot.

Reactions: Aeonofgods
Hang in there... I ordered 4/10 and got my VIN last week and delivery is scheduled for 6/3. My SA said they got a big delivery 5/27 (Naperville) and it was taking them time to inspect and assign delivery dates. Not sure how often they get delivery but you could be on the next lot.
An SA told me the other day that mine should arrive at Westmont on 6/3 so I hope you're right!

Reactions: Raghublr
Might want to check Carvana too. I had tesla offer $6k and Carmax $9.5K for my 2015 Altima but Carvana bought it for $11.3K.
Carvana is awesome if you are selling. I was amazed how much more they gave me for my car over book value. AND they further increased the price by few thousands when they are about to put on sale (coming soon, I looked up by my VIN) and has already 35 watchers. I would never pay the price they are selling at for 12 years old car but that tells how crazy car buying market is right now for anyone! But if you are a seller I loved Carvana how frictionless and fast it was. Money also deposited with instant transfer within a minute before even the truck left my driveway.

Yes. The only thing you have to factor are the taxes. For instance, I am in Florida, and Car Max offered $1500 more for my trade. But I had to consider that when you trade a car it reduces taxes. My example is Tesla offers $22.5K (I don't owe anything) and that is reduced from the purchase price. I only pay taxes on $20K. If I sell to Car Max, I pay taxes on the full $42K. Trading saves me $1200 in taxes. For me, it is worth getting $300 less and not having to worry about getting a cashiers check and more importantly not having to get a ride to the dealership and having a car up until the day of delivery. Hope that helps!
Unless Florida is a little different you don’t pay taxes on a car that you sell for less then your purchase it for less the depreciation if it was used for business

Ordered 4/9 SR+, White, Black Interior, no FSD. Like everyone else my delivery dates have been all over the place - as early as end of May to as late as end of June. Currently 6/14 to 6/24 with no VIN. Seems like STL area is moving more slowly than other spots in the east and west.
Well... to be fair. Other people who ordered from Chesterfield have received their cars (I know one received their car on 5/1). Although, it was a different color.

I am pretty confident that they make the pure standard versions (SR+, White exterior, Black interior, aero wheels, no FSD) very last.

That is what I ordered and have seen multiple people who got different colored vehicles receive theirs before I even get my VIN (even those who ordered AFTER me).

So for everyone who found their VIN in the source code... how long did it take to appear on your actual account... because I think I found mine 😬

I checked for a VIN number in the source code every day ... never popped up, but got my VIN number yesterday. If it is in the source code, I would say you it should be in your profile this week!

I am pretty confident that they make the pure standard versions (SR+, White exterior, Black interior, aero wheels, no FSD) very last.

My SA told me exactly opposite, that they first make the white, then black, gray, blue, red, in that order. I have no idea whether or not this is true.

But it could be, I guess--if a buyer wants a white car, they may miss placing their order in time to get in on the white run for the quarter, while someone wanting a blue or red car after the first buyer is still able to get their order placed in time to catch those runs.

My SA told me exactly opposite, that they first make the white, then black, gray, blue, red, in that order. I have no idea whether or not this is true.

But it could be, I guess--if a buyer wants a white car, they may miss placing their order in time to get in on the white run for the quarter, while someone wanting a blue or red car after the first buyer is still able to get their order placed in time to catch those runs.
If that was the case, I would believe that I would have received my car before other color vehicles received theirs.... seeing how I placed my order on March 22nd.

Reactions: kelseymarie38