Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. I'm new here, this is my first post after following these Model 3 waiting room threads for the past week or two. But I just wanted to vent my frustration with this whole ordering/delivery process (or really, preach to the choir 😂). My understanding going into this was that ordering a Tesla was so much easier than haggling with dealers back and forth for hours. But ever since I placed my order, I've been really disappointed and would take the usual dealership back and forth by a mile.

Ordered White/black SR+ with 18" wheels on 5/7, for Burbank pickup--no VIN as of now. An SA called me the day after I placed the order, asking me to confirm my financing and insurance info ASAP. He said they wanted to get the car to me by the end of June and I needed to send them as much info as possible to make sure they could get the car to me by then. Cool, I sent them everything they asked for. Haven't heard anything from Tesla since (except for that automated "JUNE" text everyone seemed to get earlier today).

I suspect that June text most of us waiting on VINs received today was really a placebo to tide us over. At first I was super excited to finally hear something after almost two months of radio silence, but since then it occurred to me that it's even more smoke and mirrors--just like these arbitrary delivery dates that get pushed further and further back.

I understand they're overwhelmed. There are tons of people anxiously awaiting their new cars and they're struggling to meet demand. However, I'd forgive all of this BS if they were just more transparent. I'd rather they just straight up say "we underestimated the level of demand we got this quarter, and we can no longer guarantee you will be receiving your car by end of June". That's okay! If they said that to me earlier I wouldn't have applied for financing and taken the credit ding. If I can't get the car by end of June I'll have to apply for financing again and take another credit ding.

And even if they do deliver (literally), I'm concerned that the quality of my car won't be up to snuff, since they're probably rushing to get as many of these cars out as possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading if you did. I know I'm in the shoes of most of you guys, but just wanted to vent my frustration.
As I posted previous. Mine was delivered but the SA told me it had been damaged and had to be repaired. Another week delay. This is almost worse than an EDD that keeps moving because you know that your car is within a few miles, but you can't have it because they screwed up in taking care of "your precious"

As I posted previous. Mine was delivered but the SA told me it had been damaged and had to be repaired. Another week delay. This is almost worse than an EDD that keeps moving because you know that your car is within a few miles, but you can't have it because they screwed up in taking care of "your precious"

It's not almost worse--it is worse, because we should be ignoring those moving EDD ranges anyway.

Finally picking up today, less than 2 hours to go! Since the Tesla SC is only 20 minutes from my house I couldn't resist confirming it arrived safely yesterday. Happy to do so because I will be able to see the before and after delivery detailing. Externally everything looks great. I had a minor concern when I thought they gave me chrome door handles and window frames then realized it's the protective cover.

For tracking purposes, ordered 5/14 and picking up today. Hoping everyone with April/Early May orders (especially the west coast) gets their end of quarter delivery!

tesla1.jpg

Wholeheartedly I know that I'm going to love the car. But this delivery experience is going to be a long-term stain for Tesla. Even through unprecedented demand, how you make people feel lasts forever. Customers will have many choices in the coming years, so it all eventually comes back around.

I emailed my SA, but I don't expect to hear anything since he hasn't replied to two other emails from weeks ago. After attempting to call three Showrooms all day with no luck, I ain't holding my breath.

Now we see what happens for the next 6 days...
Welp, EDD changed to July 7 - July 27. Anyone else?

Reactions: Reelbigflip
So much for Tesla “going all out” 🙄 I don’t see any different effort

Well, that customer's original EDD was in July. So, again, if we would all ignore the daily EDD changes, we'd find that Tesla is meeting the end of the original EDD range nearly all of the time (as far as I've seen).

And they are clearly pushing a lot more cars out at the end of the quarter than they did 6 weeks ago. I don't know how you can not see any different effort, unless you are looking specifically (and only) at a handful of cases.

Welp, EDD changed to July 7 - July 27. Anyone else?
Was steadily within June for the past weekthen this morning july2-22 for me 🤨
Well, that customer's original EDD was in July. So, again, if we would all ignore the daily EDD changes, we'd find that Tesla is meeting the end of the original EDD range nearly all of the time (as far as I've seen).

And they are clearly pushing a lot more cars out at the end of the quarter than they did 6 weeks ago. I don't know how you can not see any different effort, unless you are looking specifically (and only) at a handful of cases.
my original EDD was actually June8-28, but this was back in mid May. By the time it got to the 1st week of June my dates got pushed into July returning briefly to June this past week. So I dunno 🤷🏽‍♂️

After talking to my SA it just sounds like they r waiting for the cars to arrive to the SC but assigning VINs is out of their hands; they just schedule delivery. The absurdity of people in April still not getting vins is most frustrating but at this point what can be done but wait (or get an existing inventory lol)

Was steadily within June for the past weekthen this morning july2-22 for me 🤨

my original EDD was actually June8-28, but this was back in mid May. By the time it got to the 1st week of June my dates got pushed into July returning briefly to June this past week. So I dunno 🤷🏽‍♂️

Ah, I take it back, then. I had seen your first post where you had said you had a July EDD range, but I missed/forgot that you were responding to someone asking if anyone else had been pushed back to July.

Fingers crossed for you.

My original EDD was 6-8 weeks from May 4 - this would put me between June 15-June 29. It fluctuated throughout the last 8 weeks just like everyone else and the lack of clarity leaves me in an unknown spot.

EDD a few weeks ago entered into the July ranges and was told two different things from multiple SA's: (1) Don't trust the website it's inaccurate, expect delivery end of June and (2) The website is the best estimate, just wait for a VIN.

I was hopeful when recent EDD was June 25-30 and when Elon emailed all employees to "go all out". Lost all of that hope when dates changed this morning to July 7-27, nothing short of over promise under deliver.

At this point I'm just ranting to the choir because this is the worst purchasing experience of any product in my life lol

My original EDD was 6-8 weeks from May 4 - this would put me between June 15-June 29. It fluctuated throughout the last 8 weeks just like everyone else and the lack of clarity leaves me in an unknown spot.

EDD a few weeks ago entered into the July ranges and was told two different things from multiple SA's: (1) Don't trust the website it's inaccurate, expect delivery end of June and (2) The website is the best estimate, just wait for a VIN.

I was hopeful when recent EDD was June 25-30 and when Elon emailed all employees to "go all out". Lost all of that hope when dates changed this morning to July 7-27, nothing short of over promise under deliver.

At this point I'm just ranting to the choir because this is the worst purchasing experience of any product in my life lol

Fingers crossed for you as well. A Norcal thing? Seriously, wonder if it's a part of some logistical/distribution thing based on location.

Just called Carlsbad to check on the status of the text message and if they had any updates since I didn't get a response.

He just told me it was an automated message and said based on the forecast, I could potentially receive my car by end of month.

The wait continues...

waiting is the hardest part of this entire process. I try not to log in and look at my EDD but i cant help it. Seems comfy on the mid- late july timetable
Nothing wrong with checking if you find that fun and realize your EDD means nothing until you get a TeslaVision prompt. Don't fall into the trap thinking the constant EDD changes (or lack of changes) mean anything; they don't. If it upsets you to see it constantly changing then don't bother checking; after all, it's pretty meaningless anyway. Just have fun with the wait reading the manual and other people's stories to build the excitement.

Reactions: mramin and hcdavis3
Just called Carlsbad to check on the status of the text message and if they had any updates since I didn't get a response.

He just told me it was an automated message and said based on the forecast, I could potentially receive my car by end of month.

The wait continues...
I feel ya. Been called a couple times now asking for finalized info to prep for delivery and I've been told now a couple times I'll have mine by the end of the month but they don't know what date, which is great but a bit of a tease. Ah well, I've waited since March. I can wait a little bit more....I think... hahaha.

Nothing wrong with checking if you find that fun and realize your EDD means nothing until you get a TeslaVision prompt. Don't fall into the trap thinking the constant EDD changes (or lack of changes) mean anything; they don't. If it upsets you to see it constantly changing then don't bother checking; after all, it's pretty meaningless anyway. Just have fun with the wait reading the manual and other people's stories to build the excitement.
Good advice. I can’t stop checking my EDD, it’s becoming an obsession 😟