Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! That's great resale on a 10 year old vehicle! I'm trying to sell my 2014 FFE. KBB lists it at $8.5k, but not getting any takers at that price.
I had my vehicle listed on Autotrader , Carguru and Craigslist .. I got 90% of my hits on craigslist and ended up selling it to the first person who looked at it on craigslist .. It did help the vehicle had low miles and was well maintained .

Reactions: TexaCali
So i had an order in for a SR+ but found extra stock note that my original order had a referral on it. I found extra stock for an LFP SR+ ordered that and had 2 cars on order, but now that the referral program is over I cant move it over to the new SR+ order. Thats a bummer
Eh, it's like $62 of electricity. Not exactly a huge loss, but free is free I guess.

Ughh ordered model 3 SR on 7/10 i live in vegas. Yesterday estimated delivery was 9/21-9/30 and now it’s saying 10/15-10/22. Laughing an crying at the same time rn🙃 guess the SRs are not to priority, wonder why $$$$$. All good tho promised delivery now 11-16 weeks. I guess it could be worse.

Does anyone think Tesla or other EV makers will raise their prices if the new EV Tax Rebate bill passes?
Absolutely! It prob won't be the full rebate amount, but it will be a good chunk of it. Here is the more interesting question......say you already have a SR+ on order (as most here do), and the rebate passes, effective Jan 1. So you tell Tesla you don't want to take delivery before Jan 1st....what do they do?
a) offer you a discount to take it now (and avoid tanking their Q4 numbers)
b) cancel your order and tell you to re-order (at a potentially higher price)
c) allow you to push the delivery to 2022, and prioritizing models and markets not impacted by the rebate

As I have stated already, I'm not holding my breath for the rebate to pass (though it would be nice), but if it does, there are going to be some interesting dynamics regarding existing orders.

Reactions: martinmac85
Absolutely! It prob won't be the full rebate amount, but it will be a good chunk of it. Here is the more interesting question......say you already have a SR+ on order (as most here do), and the rebate passes, effective Jan 1. So you tell Tesla you don't want to take delivery before Jan 1st....what do they do?
c) allow you to push the delivery to 2022, and prioritizing models and markets not impacted by the rebate

As I have stated already, I'm not holding my breath for the rebate to pass (though it would be nice), but if it does, there are going to be some interesting dynamics regarding existing orders.
Can they cancel your order for not being ready or able to accept delivery? I was told by my SA that Tesla can't change the pricing to an existing order. That's why they encourage you to order as soon as possible to lock in pricing.

Here’s another possible scenario: You have an SR+ you paid $49,000 to get out the door, too early, no rebates. But the used car prices hold up and at the end of 2021 you find yourself able to sell the SR+ for as much as you bought it for. Now you buy a LR AWD for $59,000 out the door. But this time you get $8000 back in rebates, so out the door ends up at $51,000. So, for an extra $2000, you are upgrading from a used SR+ to a new LR AWD…

Or, maybe you don’t really want to upgrade, maybe you are happy with the SR+. So you sell the used 2021 SR+ you have and buy the new 2022 SR+ with $8000 in rebates, so at least you didn’t get totally screwed out of the rebates…

Owning a 2020 MY right now, it looks like the AWD M3 doesn't have much more usable range than an LFP SR+. I'm a bit ovet 12% degradation after 19k miles and 16 months with my NCA battery.

Consider this. After 1.5 years, the AWD may have a range of 310 miles after degradation. For daily use, charging to 85% is typically recommended. That gives a daily range of 263 miles.

The LFP SR+ should have nearly no degradation after 1.5 years and can be fully charged to 262 miles for daily use.

For trips, the LR can be charged the extra 47 miles, which is nice. For daily use, the SR+ has a similar range.

Reactions: Baluchi
Here’s another possible scenario: You have an SR+ you paid $49,000 to get out the door, too early, no rebates. But the used car prices hold up and at the end of 2021 you find yourself able to sell the SR+ for as much as you bought it for. Now you buy a LR AWD for $59,000 out the door. But this time you get $8000 back in rebates, so out the door ends up at $51,000. So, for an extra $2000, you are upgrading from a used SR+ to a new LR AWD…

Or, maybe you don’t really want to upgrade, maybe you are happy with the SR+. So you sell the used 2021 SR+ you have and buy the new 2022 SR+ with $8000 in rebates, so at least you didn’t get totally screwed out of the rebates…
THIS
I picked up my M3SR+ on 8/21 and told my wife if this EV passes, I'd be game for a LR with the $8k credits, and my wife didn't want to go through the "hassle" of selling the vehicles. REad so many good things about selling to Carvana/Carmax/Vroom...

Owning a 2020 MY right now, it looks like the AWD M3 doesn't have much more usable range than an LFP SR+. I'm a bit ovet 12% degradation after 19k miles and 16 months with my NCA battery.

Consider this. After 1.5 years, the AWD may have a range of 310 miles after degradation. For daily use, charging to 85% is typically recommended. That gives a daily range of 263 miles.

The LFP SR+ should have nearly no degradation after 1.5 years and can be fully charged to 262 miles for daily use.

For trips, the LR can be charged the extra 47 miles, which is nice. For daily use, the SR+ has a similar range.
There's no telling how much longer the LFP option will be around though... I specifically requested that I wanted that battery pack to my SA, but I've only heard of 1 other person being able to request and received the LFP pack. I keep checking the existing inventory page, but they either sell out too fast or have FSD tacked on for an additional $10K...

Read so many good things about selling to Carvana/Carmax/Vroom...
Don't forget to check out CarBuyerUSA. Sold my 2020 SR+ to them just a couple of weeks ago for big $. Sold again at auction just a few days later for big $$, and now for sale in New Jersey for big $$$. Crazy times.