Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all, just placed my order for M3SR+ and after being approved for the loan the estimated delivery time in the app is saying is November-December while was March when I was placing an order. I've been waiting for deliveries to be pushed to the next year before the ordering so the resale price in the future will be better. How accurate those dates are and is there a way I can ask Tesla to deliver next year without being penalized?
Also such a quick delivery suggest that it is LFP batteries and car made in China which I am not very fond of.

LFP window sticker picked up 6 days ago. Where is this “China stuff” coming from?

oh and by the way just about everything we own is from China anyway
D788B7A9-C2AA-4057-8194-3EA3DA3AADDF.jpeg

Last edited:
LFP window sticker picked up 6 days ago. Where is this “China stuff” coming from?

oh and by the way just about everything we own is from China anyway View attachment 712344

Been widely reported. Here's an article. Not sure about any official Tesla announcement that these LFP batteries are sourced from CATL and made in China.

oh and by the way just about everything we own is from China anyway View attachment 712344

That what rumors said - when Tesla reaching out to order holders and asking if they want an earlier delivery, most likely imported from China since production in US is pretty backed up. I am not saying that the car will be manufactured in China for sure, just seeing the dates change so drastically made me thing that the car may be coming from China.

That what rumors said - when Tesla reaching out to order holders and asking if they want an earlier delivery, most likely imported from China since production in US is pretty backed up. I am not saying that the car will be manufactured in China for sure, just seeing the dates change so drastically made me thing that the car may be coming from China.

That's not correct. There has been no legitimate rumor on the cars being made in China. There is proof that the new 'lfp' battery Model3's are made in Fremont. The LFP battery cells themselves are likely made in China from CATL. US Model 3 LFP are Made in Fremont with LFP battery cells that are likely made in China. European and ROW Model 3 LFP cars are currently made in china. I don't know about Canada... probably Fremont?

Reactions: SaintMickey®
That's not correct. There has been no legitimate rumor on the cars being made in China. There is proof that the new 'lfp' battery Model3's are made in Fremont. The LFP battery cells themselves are likely made in China from CATL. US Model 3 LFP are Made in Fremont with LFP battery cells that are likely made in China. European and ROW Model 3 LFP cars are currently made in china. I don't know about Canada... probably Fremont?
Source: My (and other owner's) LFP Model 3... VIN number and official Monroney stickers. I also have the email you reference from Tesla, it does NOT talk about the car being made in China.
Sorry - just being direct because this is how rumors start and get out of control.

Reactions: SaintMickey®
Howdy y'all! Ordered my M3SR+ on 9/15 and went for a test drive at my local Tesla dealer on Saturday in a demo model. I cannot wait to get any word on a VIN or delivery. I'm ok with waiting, i know it'll be worth it. Mine shows dates between Oct 31th- Nov 30th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210921-114053_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210921-114053_Chrome.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: NB Hip fan
Well, just got jerked off again. Delivery delayed "tentatively" to 9/25. This is insane!
I was nervous the whole time until I physically picked up the car. Took mine to the local service center yesterday and they confirmed that mine was an LFP and i could charge it to 100% everyday. However, none of the paperwork show its LFP and they couldnt give me anything that showed it was indeed LFP. Go figure.

I was nervous the whole time until I physically picked up the car. Took mine to the local service center yesterday and they confirmed that mine was an LFP and i could charge it to 100% everyday. However, none of the paperwork show its LFP and they couldnt give me anything that showed it was indeed LFP. Go figure.

Did you order on the website or take a car from inventory?

Reactions: GeoG