Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to deliver Production P90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Production Vin# 21X will be delivered on Tuesday. Finished SC QA and just awaiting detailing on Monday for Tuesday delivery.

#328 was not a fake if the Vin was reported correctly as 000328 since it would have been S00328 if it was a Sig.

I do feel badly for the owners of the Sigs that were built in December and January but apparently had some major problem and are awaiting fixes. It is unfair and TM should have scrapped them and built new ones for those folks. They could also have let them sit until they could be fixed and use them for showroom demos, but in the meantime build new ones for the Sig customers.

While I feel badly that some Sigs are still waiting, I know that they will not get inferior cars. I am sure your car will be great and Tuesday will not come soon enough. I am also glad Tesla is not insisting on delivering all the Sigs before starting deliveries of production cars. People who ordered Sigs knew what to expect. I did not order a Sig myself for several reasons, one of them was not wanting to be among the first off the line. I have been waiting for more than 3 years already, so what is 3 more months... I do not expect to get my car until at least May which would be 42 months after my reservation. I look forward to seeing some pictures of your car on Tuesday!

I am a reader at this site, but have never posted until now. My question is pretty basic. My order was confirmed on 1/29 for a P90D with all the extras but standard 20 In wheels. Our reservation number is RN9930xx. Could someone help me understand where that would put us in line? Thanks in advance!

I am a reader at this site, but have never posted until now. My question is pretty basic. My order was confirmed on 1/29 for a P90D with all the extras but standard 20 In wheels. Our reservation number is RN9930xx. Could someone help me understand where that would put us in line? Thanks in advance!

That's not your reservation number, it's your customer number with Tesla, don't share it.

Reservation numbers mattered earlier because that determined your place in line to get an invite to configure. At this point in time it looks like people who reserve one week get an invite to configure the following week. So what matters now is configuration and configuration date.

We do know, at the moment, people with P90D configurations and the Premium Upgrade package are moved to the front of the queue for production. When you get a VIN assigned (you'll see it on your MyTesla page) then you've been given a slot in the queue.

after that, things are a little unpredictable right now, with some evidence that the line has been tuned so that some of the quality issues from early cars that require a lot of manual fixing aren't as much of an issue anymore. Most recent reports I've seen show people with production reservations who confirmed on 12/15 getting delivery dates, some as early as last week, others in the coming 1-2 weeks. I confirmed on 12/16 and do NOT yet have a date, despite knowing from my inside sales rep that the car finished production in mid January, so it's sitting and waiting for some of those early car tweaks.

There are also some signature cars in similar limbo waiting for something to be fixed.

That's what I know...

That's not your reservation number, it's your customer number with Tesla, don't share it.

Reservation numbers mattered earlier because that determined your place in line to get an invite to configure. At this point in time it looks like people who reserve one week get an invite to configure the following week. So what matters now is configuration and configuration date.

We do know, at the moment, people with P90D configurations and the Premium Upgrade package are moved to the front of the queue for production. When you get a VIN assigned (you'll see it on your MyTesla page) then you've been given a slot in the queue.

after that, things are a little unpredictable right now, with some evidence that the line has been tuned so that some of the quality issues from early cars that require a lot of manual fixing aren't as much of an issue an8ymore. Most recent reports I've seen show people with production reservations who confirmed on 12/15 getting delivery dates, some as early as last week, others in the coming 1-2 weeks. I confirmed on 12/16 and do NOT yet have a date, despite knowing from my inside sales rep that the car finished production in mid January, so it's sitting and waiting for some of those early car tweaks.

There are also some signature cars in similar limbo waiting for something to be fixed.

That's what I know...

Got it. Thank you very much!

Does anyone know if any Founders or Sigs have been delivered in the 5 seat variety? Wondering if on Config page when 5 seat option is selected it moves delivery estimate to mid-2016, regardless of P90, 90D or 70D, so I wondered if any 5 seat varieties have yet to be produced in Fremont. Also gets me wondering why deleting the rear row would delay delivery unless they are doing something to the middle row too (Think out loud a folding 2nd row design....wait for it.....EPIC)
Or am I just an optimist living in Tesla Time?

I received an email from my DC that my MX has finished paint and general assembly last week. The vehicle is currently in End of Line inspections. Depending on travel to Chicago, we are looking at possibly mid March.
I was reservation #4164, confirmed on 12/2/15, and am VIN# 38x.
:smile:

I received an email from my DC that my MX has finished paint and general assembly last week. The vehicle is currently in End of Line inspections. Depending on travel to Chicago, we are looking at possibly mid March.
I was reservation #4164, confirmed on 12/2/15, and am VIN# 38x.
:smile:

I really hope they can ramp up the production now. I have yet to receive my VIN yet and it's a fully loaded P90DL. Confirmed 1/4

My car was going through delivery inspection at the Orlando and they found an issue with the headlight on the right side. It is flickering.

I have elected based on my detailer's recommendation not to have Tesla perform the detailing. He says he has done many Model S Tesla and the said the factory and SC detailers can sometime mess things up it depends a lot on the experience of the detailer. You can end up with scratches, swirls, and paint depth inconsistencies.

I saw some pictures on this forum of a Model X which had similar treatment and the difference was amazing.

Once I pick it up I will take it to my detailer which is six miles from the Tesla SC. I will be going the back streets as the Interstate us a mess and under construction. It will take the detailer 3-4 days to complete his work which includes:

Hand Wash
Paint depth and integrity inspection
Paint Decontamination
Paint Correction and clay bar treatment to get rid of swirls, minor scratches and defects
Paint Work Machine and then PO lish
Wrap with Xpel Ultimate PPF (full front end, bumpers, mirrors, hood and fenders)
Coat exterior with Gtechniq Crystal Serum
Windshield Coated with
Gtechniq Tyre Dressing (British, therefore tyre)
Interior Detailed

Once I get it home there are some things I feel confident I can handle. These will take a couple days.

Hand wash
Wipe with Gtechniq panel wipes
Blow dry
Treating exterior with two coats of Gtechniq EXOv2 Ultra Hydrophobic
Coat Windshield with Gtechniq G2
Leather treatment with Gtechniq L1
Coat Wheels and calipers with Gtechniq C5 Armor

i will take some pictures and share.

_________
P90D, Titanium, Production VIN 251

@ Darryl - I asked them to do the same thing with mine and they refused, saying they are not allowed to deliver without detailing. I'm picking it up tomorrow and it is going to my detailer on Thursday for paint correction and OptiCoat.

@ Darryl - I asked them to do the same thing with mine and they refused, saying they are not allowed to deliver without detailing. I'm picking it up tomorrow and it is going to my detailer on Thursday for paint correction and OptiCoat.

It is so strange how different SCs do things differently. My Detailer said he works frequently with the Orlando SC and to let them know not to do detailing. I had read some posts saying Tesla wouldn't release it without the detailing but I got an email from my DS saying it wasn't a problem and they would skip the detailing.

Searched for "Estimated Delivery" (no VIN), there is nothing following the heading.

After I pressed Ctrl-U in the Chrome browser and searched for "Estimated Delivery", I found this:

<p class="section-description hidden">Pickup options are not available now.</p></div><div class="column"><fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-pdd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Preferred Delivery</h4><div class="hidden"><div class="form-item form-type-select form-item-date-dropdown">
<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="1969-12-31|first-available">First Available</option><option value="1969-12-31">Late December, 1969</option><option value="1970-01-01">January, 1970</option><option value="1970-02-01">February, 1970</option><option value="1970-03-01">March, 1970</option><option value="1970-04-01">April, 1970</option><option value="1970-05-01">May, 1970</option><option value="1970-06-01">June, 1970</option></select></span>
</div>
</div><p class="section-description">Late December, 1969</p><p class="section-description">You can choose to take delivery sooner by changing your delivery date.</p></div></fieldset>
<fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-edd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Estimated Delivery</h4><p class="section-description">February - Early March</p><p class="section-description">You’ll be scheduled for an exact date and time closer to delivery.</p></div></fieldset>

I noticed some hidden fields with default UNIX time values of 0 (1/1/1970) or near zero. :biggrin:

I followed your directions and mine now shows this.......p class="section-description">Your delivery date has been delayed further because you are impatient and are trying to rush perfection.</p></div></fieldset>
After I pressed Ctrl-U in the Chrome browser and searched for "Estimated Delivery", I found this:

<p class="section-description hidden">Pickup options are not available now.</p></div><div class="column"><fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-pdd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Preferred Delivery</h4><div class="hidden"><div class="form-item form-type-select form-item-date-dropdown">
<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="1969-12-31|first-available">First Available</option><option value="1969-12-31">Late December, 1969</option><option value="1970-01-01">January, 1970</option><option value="1970-02-01">February, 1970</option><option value="1970-03-01">March, 1970</option><option value="1970-04-01">April, 1970</option><option value="1970-05-01">May, 1970</option><option value="1970-06-01">June, 1970</option></select></span>
</div>
</div><p class="section-description">Late December, 1969</p><p class="section-description">You can choose to take delivery sooner by changing your delivery date.</p></div></fieldset>
<fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-edd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Estimated Delivery</h4><p class="section-description">February - Early March</p><p class="section-description">You’ll be scheduled for an exact date and time closer to delivery.</p></div></fieldset>

I noticed some hidden fields with default UNIX time values of 0 (1/1/1970) or near zero. :biggrin:

Sounds like you're in a time warp. Just make sure you don't power off/on your browser. It may not start back up if it's running on an apple product. ;-)

There were two MXs at the Portland SC yesterday. One was Founders 00060, Sig Red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90D. The other looked to be a production as there was no SIG ID on it. The vin was taped over, MC red, 20" staggered, black interior, P90DL.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

These are the two MXs at the Portland SC.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_2416.jpg

These are the two MXs at the Portland SC.