Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and trying to meet company goals, which helps prove the business is viable.
That's what we're talking about. The business is viable, we know that. Proving it to wall street is all about the stock price. Elon's goal is to get paid and burn shorts and those goals are entirely based on stock price. The company's goal is to satisfy shareholders which is increasing share price. You're describing what I said with more words.

14 mv does seem a little bit high for a no load condition, but I don't know at what point the difference really starts to have a detrimental effect.
For my car, I usually see around 4-5 mv difference, and it shows that regardless of whether I am at 90% or 25% SOC value.

That is very unusual for the difference not to rise as the SOC goes down. In fact, I've never seen it in my car or others in the TM-SPY discussion threads.

That's what we're talking about. The business is viable, we know that. Proving it to wall street is all about the stock price. Elon's goal is to get paid and burn shorts and those goals are entirely based on stock price. The company's goal is to satisfy shareholders which is increasing share price. You're describing what I said with more words.
My words were better :D

If there are empty modules in the replacement 100 pack, can we buy additional modules and make it a 100kwh pack ourselves?
No. I mean technically, yes, but since you'd have to destroy the top cover to open up the pack, and since you probably can't get a new replacement, and since you'd be using old, used modules, which could cause imbalances, and since would probably need to change software settings, I'd say for most people the answer is no.

Reactions: Guy V and Droschke
No. I mean technically, yes, but since you'd have to destroy the top cover to open up the pack, and since you probably can't get a new replacement, and since you'd be using old, used modules, which could cause imbalances, and since would probably need to change software settings, I'd say for most people the answer is no.
That is what I understand as well. I think @wk057 said the imbalances would make it not work. Even he didn't have enough modules around that would match each other well enough to cobble together a working pack from different packs.

Reactions: Droschke
That is very unusual for the difference not to rise as the SOC goes down. In fact, I've never seen it in my car or others in the TM-SPY discussion threads.
Maybe my case is unusual, I don't know. I am probably an unusual case in the sense that I don't use supercharging(only 25kWh DC charging on my battery).

upload_2020-1-14_11-57-45.png
upload_2020-1-14_11-58-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-14_12-0-23.png
    upload_2020-1-14_12-0-23.png
    124.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Informative
Reactions: sorka
It's hard to believe but still happening. This was actually the first sign of 2019.16 caps in action. Before most people noticed the newly lowered limits there were threads asking why the pumps were running 24/7 suddenly. After the caps were noticed we thought it was used to get the battery below the cap so it wouldn't show 120% charge in the dash during your first capped drive... but it's still doing it almost a year later so there is another reason for the perpetual cooling.
Today I charged my car from SoC 69%-80% (on a 11kW charger) I got 7,99kW. It took 45min. The cell temp went from 12C-16C, and still the pump is running exactly 3hours (3-400W).

...Speculation: P85D and faster cars will get 100 kwh replacements... I think Tesla figured out a solution finally...
That would be great but I think that heavier battery would require replacing springs in those non air suspensions as well as crash testing the new configuration in the US. Isn't that why the 90 to 100 upgrades required replacing the front seats - because only the new seats had been in the new crash tested configurations with the heavier battery?

• Informative
Reactions: Droschke
What's the verdict on updating to 40.2.3 ? I've not yet pulled the trigger !

Seeing all these new failures in the 'maximum-battery-charge-level-reduced' thread,
if I was capped (I'm not) AND still covered by warranty...
I'd take the chance to upgrade, hoping to get their new 'diagnostic' of battery failure and thus get a new batttery that hopefully won't get capped!

I do wish people from this thread start getting this error message as they upgrade and we get 'some' resolution to their predicament!