Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The part# shows that the replacement is the 85kWh Tesla recently released, However, the range (~290 mi) is nowa lot better than the original one even when it was new.

Can you photo the battery sticker & document the new battery's performance / compare to pre-batterygate? You're only the second instance of this new battery I am aware of. I'm interested in seeing if this new battery is their permanent fix. There are concerns 350v might not be able to manage but I think it will... but that's probably why they only installed the few for the first couple months and are quoting May to people that need a new battery now. Your battery performance day to day is probably being checked by Tesla - share your experiences with us too! Hopefully, all of us will be as fortunate eventually.

Remans would have the same hardware defect as the originals - I think they were only doing those in emergencies. Takata had to do the same thing for the airbag recalls - older Hondas were recalled several times for the same airbag; they replaced very old ones that might explode at any minute with newer ones that still had the explosive defect but were less likely to explode NOW and that was "OK"d by the NHTSA because they couldn't make enough of the updated airbags all at once.

Tesla's plan all along seems to be delays and the secrecy doesn't help but maybe they felt they had to design a new pack without the defect before reporting it to the proper safety authorities.

If true, everyone gets a new battery eventually - batterygate limited or not. Safety defects have no expoiration date and that explains why they are so secretive and maliocious to us. Replacing possibly 100,000 batteries will cost them a lot.

From what I've seen so far looks like they are replacing older cars first. Wonder if there is a theme there or just coincidence.

I've been trying to see if there is any checklist they use for replacing the terminally ill packs with the new 1014116-00-A packs. I thought it might be the packs with the lower miles but @NoahX had 94k miles and @Chilam had 89k miles. Although, neither of these two owners have posted in this prior to get their packs replaced (hope that's not the criteria!!!). Haven't found a solid common denominator. There might also be more replacement instances out there not reported on TMC.

Been tracking this thread since it started, my battery was hit by the batterygate pretty bad, with a "full charge" which I never got even close of 217mi. In reality, the battery barely charges past 208mi.

What about charge time 10 to 90% ?Is it like your original battery when it was new? For me charge time is even more important than total miles

Got the "Max battery charge level reduced" message a couple of weeks ago and finally got my car back with a replaced battery. The part# shows that the replacement is the 85kWh Tesla recently released, However, the range (~290 mi) is nowa lot better than the original one even when it was new.
View attachment 515042

Been tracking this thread since it started, my battery was hit by the batterygate pretty bad, with a "full charge" which I never got even close of 217mi. In reality, the battery barely charges past 208mi.

Got the "Max battery charge level reduced" message a couple of weeks ago and finally got my car back with a replaced battery. The part# shows that the replacement is the 85kWh Tesla recently released, However, the range (~290 mi) is nowa lot better than the original one even when it was new.
View attachment 515042

What about charge time 10 to 90% ?Is it now like your original battery when it was new? For me charge time is even more important than total miles

• Helpful
Reactions: Guy V and Chaserr
When exactly your new 1014116-00-A pack was ordered? The reason I'm asking is that @omarsultan, for example, got his replaced with a Reman recently.
Don't know exactly when but should be around Valentine's Day. I think other than when it was ordered, we probably should also see where SC orders the parts from. Pretty sure they have some different distribution centers to handle the daily parts requests around the country.

I (and probably others interested in facts and data and evidence) would be interested to see others post teslafi screen shots of their batteries compared to the fleet of similar batteries. Would be good info on both individual affected batteries and various fleets of similar batteries and their teslafi reported degradation.

Also still interested to see if anyone has > 30% degradation (from new, not from the fleet) and they were refused a replacement battery. (Or even > 20%?)

Reactions: VT_EE
You should start a different thread about degradation, this one has nothing to do with what you're looking for. Most of us have/had less than 10% degradation which is typical for Tesla batteries even after so many years. Tesla themselves aren't even pretending to use the "degradation" red herring any more and you're only going to restart more fights yet again. Facts and evidence are what made Tesla stop pretending and why you're in the wrong thread for that discussion.

Last edited:
I (and probably others interested in facts and data and evidence) would be interested to see others post teslafi screen shots of their batteries compared to the fleet of similar batteries. Would be good info on both individual affected batteries and various fleets of similar batteries and their teslafi reported degradation.

Also still interested to see if anyone has > 30% degradation (from new, not from the fleet) and they were refused a replacement battery. (Or even > 20%?)

You are in the wrong thread Mr. b

Nothing here about degradation.

I was refused at 21.13%. IT IS NOT DEGRADATION. It is what they STOLE from me all at once. My actual degradation was under 5%. They said all is normal and the usual blah blah blah.

View attachment 515042
Great news, hopefully, that's also the battery that I'm waiting for

When exactly your new 1014116-00-A pack was ordered? The reason I'm asking is that @omarsultan, for example, got his replaced with a Reman recently.

That would not surprise me, as supply chain on the newer packs ramps up, I would expect reman packs get flushed out of the system. For me, maybe it was (bad) luck of the draw or that with 135K miles/6.5 years they did not want to invest in a newer pack, or they wanted to stick with a 400V pack since I have a P...?

You should start a different thread about degradation, this one has nothing to do with what you're looking for. Most of us have/had less than 10% degradation which is typical for Tesla batteries even after so many years. Tesla themselves aren't even pretending to use the "degradation" red herring any more and you're only going to restart more fights yet again. Facts and evidence are what made Tesla stop pretending and why you're in the wrong thread for that discussion.

The fact is Tesla is replacing the already capped batteries because the packs are terminally ill. Tesla does not and will not replace any battery if they have gone through normal "degradation".