Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the info tat we have the caps don't have a purpose. Tesla gives us no info, and a purposeless cap can be removed as easily as it was applied.

I believe Tesla is hiding a safety recall, but we don't have that info. They claim there is no danger but I still haven't parked my car inside for months.

I'm continually asking my service center to roll me back or uncap me. If they have a safety reason behind the cap they are breaking the law every time they lie to me and I document each instance.

I have seen 200 mV max difference at 1500 amps on my unaffected (by batterygate/voltage capping) P90DL. On logs from a capped car I have seen 300 mV max difference at 500 amps.

I haven't studied in depth - voltage delta seem to be "large" on load and also under regen conditions - on the small samples I have seen. My limited knowledge and experience does not allow me to state whether this is "normal" or not.

Agree, but 1/2 volt seems like a large delta at 500 amps. I think I’m now capped to about 1300 amps, even though I paid for “L”. I plan to investigate module deltas at max current.

I didn’t search the whole thread but it would seem we need to get more mainstream exposure. If you google the hashtags, the iPhone is most prominent. Googling in general doesn’t show much, on first few pages anyway. (Except for this thread if you get specific). Am I missing something?

I’m talking 60 minutes type exposure.

I turned in my 2016 85D lease last year and I’m glad I didn’t buyout the lease now. It was a perfect car in every way. I want another but threads like this scare me.

"Although it’s possible the timing is purely coincidental, the service department at Tesla’s Toledo, Ohio, facility contacted C/D within three hours of this story's initial publication, offering a loaner car, a rental, or $100 per day in Uber credit while our Model 3 is in the shop."

I was under the impression that Tesla didn't give loaners or uber credit for the Model 3
Yeah... about as coincidental as range loss the day after they announced making changes to protect the cars from fires or when some of the range was restored the day after the lawsuit was announced.

Last edited:
My range plummeted again over the weekend. It is now down to 229 miles @100% according to the slider bar on the phone app. I have lost twenty six miles of range during the past thirty days.

I am leery of adding my data to the master spreadsheet. If someone with those technical skills would do so, I would be grateful.

2014 Model S85, purchased 27 May 2014. 66,500 miles. Original 100% was ~266. Range dropped to about 260 the first year, then slowly dropped to 255-256 in 2017, and had held fast until a month ago. I have charged to 100% maybe twenty times during this period. I've charged to ~95% another twenty times or so, and the car has never sat at 100% (or even 95%) for more than thirty minutes before driving off.

Anything else that I am missing?

DJRas,

Is there any chance your lawyer could link to us the Scribd database for your lawsuit? This will show all the pretrial correspondence with the court, litigation, and other motions before the judge. It is always a fascinating read (for me anyway) to see the arguments, lies, and other sophistry that is included in all the pretrial horse trading.

And, if what I have read is correct, mediation is scheduled for Feb. the 20. Either side can back out of mediation with thirty days' notice. If mediation does occur, the results must be reported to the trial judge within thirty days. If there is no acceptable remedy, then we are back to the unsavory situation of discovery and pretrial bullshit, er, litigation.

Is there any chance your lawyer could link to us the Scribd database for your lawsuit? This will show all the pretrial correspondence with the court, litigation, and other motions before the judge. It is always a fascinating read (for me anyway) to see the arguments, lies, and other sophistry that is included in all the pretrial horse trading.

Is the CourtListener link good enough?

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16030151/rasmussen-v-tesla-inc/

My range plummeted again over the weekend. It is now down to 229 miles @100% according to the slider bar on the phone app. I have lost twenty six miles of range during the past thirty days.

I am leery of adding my data to the master spreadsheet. If someone with those technical skills would do so, I would be grateful.

2014 Model S85, purchased 27 May 2014. 66,500 miles. Original 100% was ~266. Range dropped to about 260 the first year, then slowly dropped to 255-256 in 2017, and had held fast until a month ago. I have charged to 100% maybe twenty times during this period. I've charged to ~95% another twenty times or so, and the car has never sat at 100% (or even 95%) for more than thirty minutes before driving off.

Anything else that I am missing?

@cpa, I am more than happy to do it for you. All that are needed are the values for these columns:

Columns A to G
Columns J to U

Please take a look at these columns and either enter the values yourself or provide them to me so I'll enter. Other owners' data can act as examples. Please let me know. Also, PM me with questions.

That is what Tesla said before they changed their minds and sold us cars charged to 4.2v and they still are to my knowledge. The old Tesla blog post says they weren't because it is bad for batteries, then they did it anyway, then they downgraded us by capping after sale.

@Droschke
C&D will get the celebrity Elon tweet treatment and white glove rapid service that actual tesla owners don't get.
You guys should REALLY REALLY read through all the blogs on the Tesla website. Their OWN blogs provide PLENTY of evidence and false claims.
Edit:
False claims and evidence that CAN be used at TRIAL, since it is TESLAS own words from THEIR site.

Last edited:
DJRas,

And, if what I have read is correct, mediation is scheduled for Feb. the 20. Either side can back out of mediation with thirty days' notice. If mediation does occur, the results must be reported to the trial judge within thirty days. If there is no acceptable remedy, then we are back to the unsavory situation of discovery and pretrial bullshit, er, litigation.

@cpa - The link (the 2nd link) has been part of Post#1, under 'CLASS ACTION' section.

• Helpful
Reactions: Guy V and David99