Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you noticed that my statement was sarcastic (i.e. the /S at the end).

But a question for you: after they replaced all three coolant pumps in your car with the 2nd gen, did your supercharging speed improve?

(I've a Feb/2015 S85 and not sure what coolant pumps generation I have).
Unfortunately, they did not. But this was like the 5th time I complained about the slow speeds - and I pretty much gave up after this visit. Hoping the legal process works out in my favor -- but starting to question that now.

I do still wonder why they replaced them... have a gut feeling there was some underlying reason that I was not made aware of and it likely all connects to this charge gate/battery gate stuff... But that's just my gut feeling.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gixx1300R
Limited information available on firmware downgrading out there. Can anyone verify if this procedure that I found on another site is correct?:

1. dd the firmware image to the offline partition
2. flashcp the correct kernel to the offline nor bank (mtd9/10)
3. modify the mtd7 (env) to boot from the offline bank (or use cid installer setenv)
4. after reboot do a service-redeploy

Reactions: gmo43
Limited information available on firmware downgrading out there. Can anyone verify if this procedure that I found on another site is correct?:

1. dd the firmware image to the offline partition
2. flashcp the correct kernel to the offline nor bank (mtd9/10)
3. modify the mtd7 (env) to boot from the offline bank (or use cid installer setenv)
4. after reboot do a service-redeploy
English, please.

The charge speed throttling is permanent for the affected packs. It was in place before 2019.20, all the way back to 2017 and Tesla admitted it at that time.

I believe the eligibility criteria to be chargegated evolved over time so more cars got impacted. The fact is that we just did not know that was going to be the case when we purchased our cars.